CONTEST Contest: The Grandmama: A Full Bag of Callaway Equipment, a Trip and More!

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Read this whole post before entering

A couple of weeks ago, we had Jason Finley on THP Live talking about a new THP Experience coming this year called the Grandmama.  A spin off of the Grandaddy of em All and we are super excited for what some members of this forum will get to experience.

/forum/index.php?attachments/callaway-mavrik-drivers-jpg.8950105/&hash=6b035c7fb41c96e385ccbd710bb0f38b

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What’s Included

Airfare

Hotels

Club Fitting at ECPC

Full bag of clubs

Tour Callaway

Meet R&D

Play Golf with members of the team there

And so much more

This will take place in early December

At the Grandaddy each year, 12 lucky THPers experience something special, but it comes with a job of reviewing their equipment to the masses...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• callaway-mavrik-drivers.jpg
    callaway-mavrik-drivers.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 592
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah! Contest #2. Looking forward to the entries AND finding out who is coming along for the ride!

Wow, huge news on this Monday morning. Thanks for the opportunity @JB. Looking forward to putting my name in the hat!

This a great start to the week!!!! Good luck everyone.

Time to break out the thesaurus...

Fun Monday morning opportunity. Good luck to everyone. Here's my stream of consciousness entry:

Driver is a journey. Playing Maverik SZ 10.5 with Aldila Rogue White 70X. Tried many shafts, including the Ventus series. Picked up the sweet-sounding Max and found more spin and too much right to left. Local pro helped me re-test the heads, and we settled on SZ as the best fit. Flight, spin, and sound were all in my range. I don’t have the kraken in my arsenal but do pop out some distances and placements that setup holes very well. Will test the SZ head to head with G410 LST in weeks to come. Journey. Stay tuned.

Thanks for an amazing opportunity! Official entry 👇

Do you enjoy hitting the ball a long way, with precise accuracy and a sound as pure as a babies laugh? The Cobra King F9 SpeedBack is the one. This is one of the most aerodynamic, fastest drivers out there. It’s low CG, carbon crown, and circular milled CNC face make it the King of the course. The best part, you don’t need to go drop $500 for one of the best drivers out there, this thing is inexpensive. Cobra has changed the game and really made a statement with this driver. All hail the F9!

Always a fun time! Cant wait to read these entries!

Good luck everyone! My entry.

I struggle with the right miss off the tee. I learned to play the fade tee shot, but I knew I was leaving yards on the table and sacrificing dispersion as well. Enter the Callaway Mavrik Max. Claiming to correct up to 20yds without sacrificing forgiveness. Add in a new A.I. face and you have a combination that delivers optimal ball speeds as well. It not only tightened up my drives, but also introduced the occasional draw. Your mileage will vary, but if you struggle with the right miss, pick up the Mavrik Max and give it a shot.

Awesome opportunity!!

I am playing the Callaway Rogue. It has solid forgiveness with pretty impressive distance. It has a nice sound to it as well. It has helped me dial back my massive slice to what is usually just an annoying cut...most of the time. I know that it is the guy swinging the club and not the club itself, but finding a driver that helps reduce that right side miss is huge. Callaway has the best drivers on the market and I am anxious to test something newer to see if it can reduce that cut even more.

You ever have those moments where something just completely blows your mind in an unexpected way? Like internet on a cell phone or the first time you had sex. Well, that’s a good way to sum up the Epic Flash Sub Zero. Driving has been a relative strength with my Drive for Show Putting is Boring mantra, but this boomstick has taken it beyond another level. Forgiveness everywhere allowing for harder and more confident swings. Spin killing and weight distribution leads to easy elevation and high soft flight. Smart, Hot, Confident, Green and Gold. Literally the perfect wife driver.

Entry:
Is Drive for Show; Punch-out for dough your thing? It’s not my thing because I have a Mavrik SZ. Since putting this driver in the bag my FIR has gone from 50% to 64%. The Mavrik is Uber forgiving on miss hits & maintains ball speed all across the face.

Do you want to:
Hit more fairways? ✅
Blow it past your friends? ✅
Lower your scores? ✅

If the answer is, “Yes”, then give the Mavrik line of Drivers a hard look. Golf is easier when you are hitting it long & finding FIR, don’t make it harder on yourself.

I love it! I'm going to work on my response today and should have something this evening/tomorrow morning. Good luck to all!

So after the G15 became ancient, I got stuck in a never ending revolving door at driver until adding Tour Edge EXS 220. This driver is literally a diamond in the rough, not just because it has a diamond face. The large triangular shaped head with carbon overlay inspires confidence at address. The club is packed with technology that allows consistency hit after hit. I am dialed in with the optimized shaft paired with the tremendous head. The forgiveness across the face coupled with large triple carbon pockets in the sole allow for excellent feel and sound. GO HIT THIS!

I just ordered a new TaylorMade Sim to replace my Callaway Epic.

I feel like for my slower speed, I have maxed distanced...i.e. technology can'y help any more. What it CAN do, though, is reduce the severity of my misses. That's what I look for when I'm trying new things out.

Woohoo, Grandmama #2! Looking forward to the driver entries, mine does not always treat me well 😆

Best of luck everyone!

Have you ever stepped onto a tee, grabbed your ball, tee and driver and thought to yourself, “ I sure hope this goes well?” Well, have I got the driver for you, enter the Callaway Mavrik Max Driver, it doesn’t cut, dice and make French fries in seconds, but it does help you maximize on any ball across the entire face, no matter where, the top, bottom, toe or even heel forgiveness is there to help you. No matter the swing, no matter the golfer, no matter the skill level, the Mavrik Max can help you, want to try it?

good luck everyone this should be a fun contest!

Official Entry...

The Cobra F9 Speedback has incredible technology and immediately vaulted Cobra into the "Best of 2019" conversation. I've found that the distance, forgiveness, and sheer intimidation factor of the yellow head causes opponents to simultaneously quiver and admire the buzzsaw they're about to run into. But, could orange be the new yellow? Is Mavrik the king of 2020? Reminiscent of the memorable 1987 Ohio State Fair Bell Pepper competition, orange and yellow are back on top. Let's see who wins in the battle of 2020 supremacy...

pepper-splitscreen.jpg

My entry:

With Mavrik SZ, I’m having fun playing golf again. I have a level of confidence with Mav I haven’t had since my Titleist 905 with which I played my very best golf. Good swings yield beautiful, high and long-flying baby draws. My usual miss - low toe - is forgiven. Even on those, you’ll want to pose. I’ve added right at 15 yards with Mav and FWs hit have gone from roughly 40% to just over 50. I love it. As I told a playing partner yesterday, get fit, get Mav, get better.

Dear Cobra Amp Cell,

You and I have a toxic love-hate relationship. Too often you hit me with your heel, and sometimes even your toe, and my gosh...it hurts every single time. We argue a lot with your main rationale being "it's not the arrow, it's the Indian" to which I have no response. But what keeps me crawling back to you every single time is the way you will kiss the center of my face, leaving me to admire the beauty you are and give you a solid twirl. I hate you, but I love you.

Yours Truly,
paul_golfs

Last edited:
Cobra's F9 Speedback driver blends undeniable beauty with uncompromising performance. Performance in testing with robots is one thing, but it's what the driver does for YOU that matters. I'm a 14 handicapper with a slower swing speed (low 90s) and I get consistent accuracy to attack tight fairways

distance.JPG

Accuracy, WITH distance. F9 simply bombs it off the tee

bomb.jpg

Your buddies will be green with envy as they watch you bomb your drives while giving you the confidence to attack holes that they play safe. Speed. Distance. Accuracy. Aesthetics. The F9 Speedback's aesthetics is bringing SexyBack.

f9-driver-wht-back_1.jpg

Back