First Look: Retro Running Shoe from PUMA Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in the 80s the RS shoes from PUMA were extremely popular and they had a rebirth of sorts with multiple drops over the last 2 years. Today, the first RS for golf is being launched and it is unique.

1-11-1024x692.jpg

RS-G (Running System-Golf) is unconventional in looks at first glance, but the lifestyle inspired footwear is packed with the performance tech you want to play 18 holes.

Bold and a bit chunky, the RS-G has been reengineered to deliver completely waterproof action through a seam-sealed upper. Microfiber leather and TPU skin will keep your feet dry all day regardless of elements. Instead of just throwing bumps on the sole, PUMA used Carbon Rubber lugs and they are strategically placed in different zones...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Puma does an awesome job of somehow making the golf version of their throwback styles look better than the street version. These look so comfy. Will there be a Disc option?

The 1980’s are back!

Definitely not my cup of tea, and a style I never thought we would see return to be honest. This one is definitely unexpected imo.

Rickie has these available through his Instagram early and I was wondering what they were. It makes way more sense now

I don't hate them, but with so many footwear options these days I don't see them cracking the rotation

The more I see these, the more they grow on me. Prefer the white/grey and the black pairs over the ones with more color.

Are the carbon lugs going to provide a little more durability?

Ewww

The more I see them, the more I feel this way. I get accused here of some of my golf shoes looking like Dad shoes, but these really look like Dad shoes to me. I have no doubt they’ll be comfy, but I’m wondering if there will be a RF inspired fanny pack to accompany them ;):ROFLMAO:

Eeeeehhhhhhh I dont know about those, at least for me. Skme things should just stay in the 80s and 90s

As a dad, and an owner of a pair of Nike Monarchs, I can get with these Pumas.

The more I see them, the more I feel this way. I get accused here of some of my golf shoes looking like Dad shoes, but these really look like Dad shoes to me. I have no doubt they’ll be comfy, but I’m wondering if there will be a RF inspired fanny pack to accompany them ;):ROFLMAO:
Dad shoes haha, yes I agree but I'm not even sure my dad would wear them :ROFLMAO: I'm sure they are comfy but when we have as many choices as there out there are these will be at the very bottom of the list.

As a dad, and an owner of a pair of Nike Monarchs, I can get with these Pumas.
You could pull these off though Joe, and no one will talk smack to your muscles! :ROFLMAO:

You could pull these off though Joe, and no one will talk smack to your muscles! :ROFLMAO:
The midsection screams dad bod, lol.

The RS-G is based off of a modern lifestyle running shoe called the RS-X, which has been very good at retail over the last 18 months. The RS family was performance running shoes in the 80’s and 90’s for Puma. I work in wholesale footwear sales for Puma. I kinda of like the shoe but I am concerned with slippage with all spikeless shoes.

The RS-G is based off of a modern lifestyle running shoe called the RS-X, which has been very good at retail over the last 18 months. The RS family was performance running shoes in the 80’s and 90’s for Puma. I work in wholesale footwear sales for Puma. I kinda of like the shoe but I am concerned with slippage with all spikeless shoes.
Man, I’m a pretty hard/aggressive/lunatic golf club swinger and I’ve to this day never had slippage issues with Modern spikeless. I think it’s just a mental hurdle many have to take a leap of faith on.

Surprisingly enough these have grown on and I actually like them. Although as @JB has pointed out to me in the past...my footwear choices are questionable at best.

It’s so cool to bring the retro running shoe styling into a golf shoe. I love it!

When I first saw them on IG earlier, I was OK with them. The more I look, though, the less interested I become. No issues with the shoe styling but the fact that it appears they are trying to create a camo-type look makes me run away as fast as I can.

Highly interested in these. I have the street version that was re-released last year in black. They are CRAZY comfortable. More of a fashion shoe that I don’t wear all the time but have worn them plenty. The golf version looks sleeker (not as bulky). This could be my next spikeless shoe!

4BD1AA69-9B7E-44EE-AD41-ECA3F4D3FE8D.jpeg772C701F-0A46-42BF-883E-24704ED7D4B7.jpeg

Being real. These look like nurses shoes. I’m sorry, but they do.

Very prancercise-y.

I really like the idea of an everyday shoe that can be used to golf. However, I am not a big fan of these colors and the looks of the two pictured in the article. A lot of how I buy golf shoes is in the looks. Comfort will always be number one, but looks is very important to me. Just not a fan of how these display.

Back