First Look: Pars & Stripes Cobra SPEEDZONE Driver

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my

Mine will be here on Thursday. Saw one in person at GG and I have ZERO regrets on the spend!

Mine will be here on Thursday. Saw one in person at GG and I have ZERO regrets on the spend!
hahaha thats what got me too!!! loved the look already from the online pics...was at GG grabbing something else as the manager brought them out and I pretty much snatched it out of his hands!

hahaha thats what got me too!!! loved the look already from the online pics...was at GG grabbing something else as the manager brought them out and I pretty much snatched it out of his hands!

I think my biggest dilemma is using the beautiful stock head cover or the Subtle Patriot cover with my MAJCOM patch on it lol

we need more pics in this thread please and thank you

my gooodnesss this thing looks great in person and in the sunshine..... i don't need to spend this type of money haha

I may or may not have succumbed.

It would look amazing in this bag!

Did someone say photos?4F97E414-50FF-432F-A9B8-C14D3C9681F0.jpeg0714D34E-6261-40DD-9816-AE3CB744A237.jpegF00F2842-3F56-4CF5-B99E-EA6E947B969A.jpegB0DC94DB-7FAA-49BF-9BE7-9A4E18DB0242.jpeg

E59D3881-2250-4646-8C12-4D1674B8F2AD.jpeg2B86F700-67DC-4F5D-B465-2A101A7F32F2.jpeg

First round in the books. It is not a new driver to me, but the shaft is. I struggled a bit on the front 9. Switched from a TP5 to a Bridgestone Tour B RX on the back and the driver came alive. Holy cow.

A007841D-0BFD-41E5-BBD5-B0EA1AFB7065.pngD41AC14A-0D97-4842-9546-56B4E3EE87A1.png

The color of a club should not really be a very big deal, but this club makes me happy. I had some equipment that I could return, so it really did not cost me anything out of pocket. My SpeedZone also has the Ventus Blue, but it is the 5 S, and I think I sometimes lost the club in my swing, because it is so light. I often felt like I should have gone with the 6 S, but it is a $200 upgrade for the Ventus Blue.

When this driver was released, the wheels started turning, because it has the 6 S shaft. Having been able to trade my way into this special edition driver, I can sell the other SpeedZone and I think I confirmed today that the 6 S shaft really is a better fit.

Good to see Tenputt. Interested to see how I get a long with it once mine comes in. I have the F9 now with the Atmos TS Black 6, which is likely a little stout for me. Hoping for some more luck with the upgraded blue and to see some more consistency. My go to is a slight fade which is why I like the cobra lower lofted heads, but I get a nasty pull hook occasionally. Likely me, but interested to see how the new head/shaft combo works.

The color of a club should not really be a very big deal, but this club makes me happy. I had some equipment that I could return, so it really did not cost me anything out of pocket. My SpeedZone also has the Ventus Blue, but it is the 5 S, and I think I sometimes lost the club in my swing, because it is so light. I often felt like I should have gone with the 6 S, but it is a $200 upgrade for the Ventus Blue.

When this driver was released, the wheels started turning, because it has the 6 S shaft. Having been able to trade my way into this special edition driver, I can sell the other SpeedZone and I think I confirmed today that the 6 S shaft really is a better fit.
That is awesome. You had to have this driver with that bag, its like it was made for it haha. Did you get the regular or Xtreme version? What settings are you at? I'm not sure if you mentioned that already and I missed it. Also amazing how a ball change makes a difference off the tee right?

Sounds like a good move for the shaft! And you get a driver that is VERY unique.

That is awesome. You had to have this driver with that bag, its like it was made for it haha. Did you get the regular or Xtreme version? What settings are you at? I'm not sure if you mentioned that already and I missed it. Also amazing how a ball change makes a difference off the tee right?

It is the standard head and it is set up with the heavier weight forward in the 9 degree setting, just as it came out of the wrapper. I was thinking of you and your recent experience when I changed balls. As I suddenly began finding middle of the fairway and very good distance for me, I wondered, just like you, did I finally just groove my swing? So, on the last hole that I would pull driver, I hit my ball and then hit a second shot with the TP5. The TP5 was a high right drive that found its way into the hazard on the right side of the fairway. The Bridgestone Tour B RX was right in the middle of the fairway, more than 280 yards from the tee box. I guess it could have been coincidence, but I doubt it.

One other small thing I noted with this special edition head is that the white head makes it seem a little bigger, giving me the impression that it is more forgiving. I was in my golf hiatus when the white drivers were in vogue, but when I have seen them around, I wasn’t sure whether I would really want to use one. The white head, coupled with the blue wrap around infinity face frames the ball extremely well.

Back