First Look: Ben Hogan UiHi Utility Club

After three rounds I enjoy the 3 UiHi when I hit it well, but I am mis-hitting it more than usual. Might need a shaft change as well to see if that helps. I should probably go hit a bucket at the range with it first to be fair.
In the end, it’s a 3i, misses will happen to us mere mortals.

In the end, it’s a 3i, misses will happen to us mere mortals.

Truth. Some of my misses are pretty playable, but some of them have been kinda gross due to, shall we say, user inputs. I've actually been pleasantly surprised at the distance retention, I've had a bunch of iffy misses play respectably in distance. But when you really catch one, wow, I want more of that.

Taking this to paper this evening, but I want to ask if there are any more curiosities or questions? I do think putting this in the preview thread may have hindered some of our interaction potential, hopefully the review thread changes that when it goes up though.

I for one appreciate the information and your numbers. I was hoping to have mine in hand to compare, but that is still a ways off i believe. Currently they are showing 29 days turnaround time, mine was 28 when ordered 30 days ago and alas, no notification yet. Still showing "Confirmed". Non factor at this time as i am out of the golfing arena for at least 3 weeks now and hopefully it will be here by then. Look forward to replying with some numbers of my own sometime in July....then again, maybe we will all be on a forced shutdown as the number keep climbing.
Sorry, as positive as i can get right now

Taking this to paper this evening, but I want to ask if there are any more curiosities or questions? I do think putting this in the preview thread may have hindered some of our interaction potential, hopefully the review thread changes that when it goes up though.

Not sure if this question is reviewmaterial, but maybe more appropriate for this thread. I would be interested to see head to head numbers and/or impressions on the PTx Pro 4i and UiHi 4i in for review. Just to illustrate how launch might vary, or if the differences were more forgiveness related. Data optional, you've posted a ton already, but just a thought.

I think one of the sleeper non-advertised "combo sets" from Ben Hogan are the PTx Pro 6-P with standalone UiHi 4i and 5i. That combo could really work well for a lot of golfers.

I gained a whole new appreciation for the UiHi 18* yesterday. I had a good day swinging it, and flat roasted a couple. Gorgeous feels and ball flight.

I gained a whole new appreciation for the UiHi 18* yesterday. I had a good day swinging it, and flat roasted a couple. Gorgeous feels and ball flight.
I’m not going to say I told you so....but....;)

I have done just FILTHY things on the golf course the past two days with the 3U. I’ll update this evening but it’s flat out redonkulous.

I have done just FILTHY things on the golf course the past two days with the 3U. I’ll update this evening but it’s flat out redonkulous.
so, you say you are going to replace the Icon 4I with a UiHi ? or just add a 3 Hi?

so, you say you are going to replace the Icon 4I with a UiHi ? or just add a 3 Hi?
I’ve got the players combo set, so 4U, 5-7 PTx Pro, 8-P ICON are in the bag at the moment with the 3 in for review.

Thatd said, I’m considering dropping my 48 and adding a strong 5w and the 3U into the bag instead. IMO,aftet hitting it he UiHi’s for weeks now, I don’t know why anyone going Hogan wouldn’t give them the nod in the long irons, especially if going full ICON.

too much work and rain, itching to get this guy out on the range.

233 off the deck into a par 5 today with the 3U. Ball mark on green at 230. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

233 off the deck into a par 5 today with the 3U. Ball mark on green at 230. 🔥🔥🔥🔥
[/Anything]
Whoa! Magnificent! I couldn't get it that far if I drove up with the golf cart! Anything over 170 for me would be great!

Everytime I open this thread, I regret it because I automatically go to BenHoganGolf.com and start looking at this iron!

Everytime I open this thread, I regret it because I automatically go to BenHoganGolf.com and start looking at this iron!
10% code makes them 99.00....just saying.

Ordered this one up

Last edited:
ooooh...thank you...now to find some cash.

146.3 ball speed, 12.1 launch, 3,547 RPM, 34 Yard peak, 236 carry.

I mean, that’s a pretty 👀 opening 3U.

Well, the consistency has stood tall with these during my time with the 3 for the review and the 4 that I purchased.

Biggest thing is playability in terms of not being obnoxiously low spin like some, instead they keep a level that has made blending them into irons (Hogan’s and my Miura’s) pretty seamless where as with others I’ve had to really try to fine tube lofts to hit my gaps.

Distance is all there, not the longest UT I’ve hit but very much in the vain of the Srixon U’s (who I think have gotten it “right” from the start personally) and with a setup visual that’s the most “iron” like UT I’ve seen in a minute. At the same time, the feel doesn’t skip a beat from the irons, and again the only UT I’ve seen do that before is the Srixon U’s, which is a compliment to both.

Not to mention, 99.00 if you have an active code is truly insane for the quality you’re getting. I’m excited to finish this article and for you all to give it a read (y)

I will have to admit that the coverage given these irons is very convincing. Even though I have the complete ICON set of 4-pw, and the 4 iron while not as consistent as it should be, it is manageable provided I really focus on each shot. I will get the UiHi but not sure if I should get the 18* or 22* even though I would have 2 irons the same loft. My current make up on the long end is D, 3W, 3H and sometimes I also carry a 4H depending on what I have to remove.

The 10% code might just make me pull the trigger today. I’m in the minority of people who don’t like the look but the performance will win if it performs. At 100 bucks, I doubt I can resist.

I will have to admit that the coverage given these irons is very convincing. Even though I have the complete ICON set of 4-pw, and the 4 iron while not as consistent as it should be, it is manageable provided I really focus on each shot. I will get the UiHi but not sure if I should get the 18* or 22* even though I would have 2 irons the same loft. My current make up on the long end is D, 3W, 3H and sometimes I also carry a 4H depending on what I have to remove.
Definitely some personal preference in there. I talk about it in the article that will go up this week, but the 3U isn’t as long as a 5w which I expected, but it does hold up to the 3H and offers a lot of versatility.

I believe far more will benefit from the 4u and 5u than the 3, but that’s purely a long iron comfort and skill thing.

Back