What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

Today is the day. CSX is going to be available. I know that some people have seen them out in the wild. Hoping to see them at retail around here soon.

One more day, but I am excited as well. Hopefully they pop up on Callaway rewards and I pick up a dozen.

Lots of guys will want the CSX, the regular works for me perfectly

One more day, but I am excited as well. Hopefully they pop up on Callaway rewards and I pick up a dozen.
Oh, I thought it was the 24th when they drop. Ha, well then, one more day for my local shop to stock the shelves :)

I'm digging the 2020 CS so far... Closest thing to it that I've tried is the Bridgestone RX, but based on my last dozen the tie is probably going to the CS.

Ordered a dozen new 2020 CS truvis today. Looking forward to seeing if they are the ones.

Lots of guys will want the CSX, the regular works for me perfectly

In a perfect world I want the CS to bite a little more into the greens like the CSX, but I agree the CS is a nice upgrade over the prior version.

Drops tomorrow and as a user of the 2019 CSX, I’m seriously digging this ball. I like the firmer feel and the check upon the greens is legit!
I’m getting back out with it Friday to compare it side by side against the aforementioned iteration and I can’t wait.

In a perfect world I want the CS to bite a little more into the greens like the CSX, but I agree the CS is a nice upgrade over the prior version.
I am a big fan of the feel of the CS. But, I need some more spin off of my irons that I am hoping the CSX can provide.

I am a big fan of the feel of the CS. But, I need some more spin off of my irons that I am hoping the CSX can provide.

I really wonder whether this ball will bring your distances more in line with your expectations

I really wonder whether this ball will bring your distances more in line with your expectations
Who knows. I did toy around with some higher spinning balls to see what results I got. It did seem to make things a little more consistent. There were still some crazy shots to be had though. All I know is as someone who hits the ball high with low spin with irons, spin will be my friend. Especially if I can knock the launch down a touch too.

I really enjoyed the 20 Chrome soft last weekend but admittedly our greens haven't firmed up for the summer yet. When they do I need every RPM I can get

I like the new Chrome X is a good ball. I was pretty impressed by it. I am currently trying it against my early 2020 fav the Bstone BX ball and the BSX. I find the CSX is kind of right in the middle of these in terms to flight, spin, and feel.

I had no idea that they had yellow triple track in the regular CS. I've been playing a lot of evening golf and having trouble finding the ball in the rough. I might pick up some yellow TT to see how that helps me.

I had no idea that they had yellow triple track in the regular CS. I've been playing a lot of evening golf and having trouble finding the ball in the rough. I might pick up some yellow TT to see how that helps me.
That is the ball I prefer and color combo. Easy to track in the air and find in the rough.

Launch day today and it appears as though most of their tour staff jumped on this one.

Launch day today and it appears as though most of their tour staff jumped on this one.
Hell yeah! I am so pumped to get some of these!

the gains @JasonFinleyCG told us about in the presentation were pretty jaw-dropping. I don't have the kind of speed necessary to get the most out of this ball, but I'll probably still pick up a sleeve to try.

the gains @JasonFinleyCG told us about in the presentation were pretty jaw-dropping. I don't have the kind of speed necessary to get the most out of this ball, but I'll probably still pick up a sleeve to try.

I'm with you, and it was not surprising to see much of their staff make that jump. For me, the Chrome Soft and it being what it is this year, has been fantastic in my testing.

This one is going to be fun to test out. The prior gen CSX fits me so well and I am really liking the spin into the green. The 2020 CS is performing pretty good but I am seeing a little more roll out than I would like. I'm hoping I have enough horsepower to get what I need out of the 2020 CSX.

This one is going to be fun to test out. The prior gen CSX fits me so well and I am really liking the spin into the green. The 2020 CS is performing pretty good but I am seeing a little more roll out than I would like. I'm hoping I have enough horsepower to get what I need out of the 2020 CSX.

From what I’ve seen you’ll still get solid performance out of it without giving it the beans, but if you step on the gas and connect well off the tee IT GOOOOOOESSS! You should have no problems with seeing the checking up on the greens that you’re looking for. Definitely a firmer feel than the CS. They did a good job of differentiating between the balls in real world use.

I played the CSX previously as well and find that the new CS is really close for me. I get a little less spin off the tee with this new version which has been good. I haven't noticed less stopping power, so will be on the look out for that.

I played the CSX previously as well and find that the new CS is really close for me. I get a little less spin off the tee with this new version which has been good. I haven't noticed less stopping power, so will be on the look out for that.

I'll be interested in what you see. It could be all me (probably is) so I am curious if others see what I am seeing.

I'll be interested in what you see. It could be all me (probably is) so I am curious if others see what I am seeing.

Haha, its all of us.

I'll give it a go but I do wish it was available in yellow.

Back