What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

The 2020 CS is performing pretty good but I am seeing a little more roll out than I would like
I agree. The Tour B RX stops much quicker for me than the CS.

I played the CSX previously as well and find that the new CS is really close for me. I get a little less spin off the tee with this new version which has been good. I haven't noticed less stopping power, so will be on the look out for that.
I think there is plenty of stopping power. Haven't noticed any issues. I know on chips around the green it will check up enough to shake the spots off the Truvis ball. :LOL:

I think there is plenty of stopping power. Haven't noticed any issues. I know on chips around the green it will check up enough to shake the spots off the Truvis ball. :LOL:

I'm seeing the same out of the CS. I backed up a 9I for a shot at CTP in league the other night. Normal shots into greens for me generally sit pretty quickly or will back up with the higher irons/wedges. I don't get a ton of spin in the short game anyways, so I'll take lower spin off the tee.

Go time
20200625_120041.jpg

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what you think of these after the long wait.

It's funny. I didn't expect them to be on the shelf as they're a little slow on brand new product. I grabbed a dozen off the shelf and a guy next to me says, "you better not lose those. They're a hard commodity to find." Told him it was worth the wait.

I have a tee time tonight at 6pm. Set it a week ago. I have a busy schedule and my first tournament at my new course is this weekend. Can't get out tomorrow so I figured this was my last chance to practice. Of course, yesterday I check the forecast and we're at risk for severe thunderstorms right before my time. Hoping it slides by so I can give these a try. If not, I will probably just put them in play Saturday morning for my tournament.

It's funny. I didn't expect them to be on the shelf as they're a little slow on brand new product. I grabbed a dozen off the shelf and a guy next to me says, "you better not lose those. They're a hard commodity to find." Told him it was worth the wait.

I have a tee time tonight at 6pm. Set it a week ago. I have a busy schedule and my first tournament at my new course is this weekend. Can't get out tomorrow so I figured this was my last chance to practice. Of course, yesterday I check the forecast and we're at risk for severe thunderstorms right before my time. Hoping it slides by so I can give these a try. If not, I will probably just put them in play Saturday morning for my tournament.

Ugh. We’ve got storms blowing in on us too. It sucks. Hope you get to get out tonight!

I happened to be in two different shops today and both had a yellow CS with some sort of a symbol on it. The box said something about “play yellow”. Sorry if this was mentioned already but it’s a pretty cool campaign. I wasn’t planning on switching from the V1x but I’ll buy a dozen to help the cause.

1EFDB6B3-AA89-48EF-B517-5314407BC81E.jpeg

So, was not able to get this in play tonight. I went to the course while it was raining because the radar made it appear that it would clear up before my tee time. Half hour after my time, it finally let up. Got on the course and played the first hole. Didn't want to lose one of my new precious.

Decided to tee off with a ZStar. By the time we finished the hole, it was windy and raining again. We decided to play #18 back in and it turned into a straight up tropical storm.

The 18th green had standing water on it in a matter of minutes. The ball hydroplaned when you putt. It was a wild round of two entire holes.

So long story short, I'm still looking forward to trying these balls :)

Now, it will just be in a tournament. No biggie.

I had a nice hookup and have been gaming the ‘20 CSX TT for the last few weeks. I can see why the staffers have jumped on it. It is a very good ball. Picked up a few yds off the tee. Boring traj with irons but the spins keeps it in the air and landing softly and stopping. Firmer than the CS but not offensive at all. The feel is actually what I like the most. Short game spin has been really good (as long as I don’t chuck or skull it...if you have seen me play you know what I mean)!

All in all it is a great ball and will be my gamer for foreseeable future.

I can not wait to get my first dozen of the CSX. Hoping they find their way to mn soon.

I played the CSX previously as well and find that the new CS is really close for me. I get a little less spin off the tee with this new version which has been good. I haven't noticed less stopping power, so will be on the look out for that.
Just tried the new CSx tonight. Agree less spin off the tee. Definitely longer for me than the CS. Spin on approach shots was fine and they stop a little better than the CS. Didn’t notice much if any difference in feel. Plenty of stopping power on pitches and chips around the green. I’ve found my ball for the balance of 2020!

I still have about 3 dozen or so of the previous Chromesoft and CSX Triple Track to work through, but I enjoyed the feel of the CSX-TT so I will be trying to get my hands on some of the new 2020 CS and CSX to see which ones I prefer

However, whilst I can still pick up the previous version for a very good price I won't be stocking up on the new balls just yet unless the performance is significantly better

Dozen of the CSX TT comin my way. The excitement is real. Curious how it performs as I’m a pretty low spin player to begin with!

Just tried the new CSx tonight. Agree less spin off the tee. Definitely longer for me than the CS. Spin on approach shots was fine and they stop a little better than the CS. Didn’t notice much if any difference in feel. Plenty of stopping power on pitches and chips around the green. I’ve found my ball for the balance of 2020!

I was referring to the CS in this. The new CS reminds me a lot of the previous CSX. The new CSX was definitely firmer feeling.

chart.png

Here are some key differences between the two balls.

Can anyone that has played the 2020 CSX compare it to a TP5X?

More free side spin on the CSX. Similar off the tee for me.

Which flies higher ?

I happened to be in two different shops today and both had a yellow CS with some sort of a symbol on it. The box said something about “play yellow”. Sorry if this was mentioned already but it’s a pretty cool campaign. I wasn’t planning on switching from the V1x but I’ll buy a dozen to help the cause.

View attachment 8950710
Oooooooh, those are awesome. I've been holding off to try to clear out old stock but those may need to be purchased soon!

Mean green side spin?
Yes, he meant green side

The regular CS will have a higher flight. The CSX will have a bit more of a penetrating flight.
Got it. So they are opposite of other Tour balls like the TP5x and ProV1x which are their higher fliers.

Got it. So they are opposite of other Tour balls like the TP5x and ProV1x which are their higher fliers.

the CSX will launch just fine, but will handle the wind better and have a more penetrating flight.

Back