PODCAST Off Course: Episode 11: Loft Jacking

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show including discussing the polarizing topic of stronger lofted irons. Hosted by Dan Edwards and Rob Miller, each Friday the hosts give you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before.

1-10-1024x692.jpg

Episode 11 is here and Rob and Dan discuss the following topics.

The Ultimate Loft Jacking DebateSneak Peek at new contestPersonal Stat TrackingAnd a whole lot more…

As with all podcasts on the THP Radio Network you can catch the episodes a number of ways. Right here on the website, on our Soundcloud channel, and of course our THP Golf Mobile App. You can also subscribe at iTunes and Google Play so you never miss an episode.

Podcast...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I have some drive time listening!

Trying to listen but it wont update on my podcasts app :mad:

Trying to listen but it wont update on my podcasts app :mad:

You are going to have to use SoundCloud or the Home Page for this one.
It will hit the THP Mobile App and iTunes later, but being in a hotel, we have not had it hit server yet.

Love the loft conversation.

ya wasn't ready for me this morning either. Ill catch it on the way home hopefully.

realllllly looking forward to this one.

queuing this one up for a listen later on. It should be pure gold with these two and this topic.

@Canadan, what's the fewest putts you've posted for 18 holes? 9 holes?

I will have to listen later. I am sure it will be good.

Why don't they have a 7 iron that goes 7 iron distance but flights like an 8 iron rather than a 7 iron that goes 6 iron distance but flights like a 7 iron? Purely marketing.

ya wasn't ready for me this morning either. Ill catch it on the way home hopefully.

realllllly looking forward to this one.

You may have to listen through sound cloud until tomorrow, I‘m traveling and it’s not letting me upload it, I need to get back to my main computer to get it done. Sorry for the delay, but it is available on Sound Cloud and the THP homepage or sound cloud player on the side of the forum.

Good podcast !

Why don't they have a 7 iron that goes 7 iron distance but flights like an 8 iron rather than a 7 iron that goes 6 iron distance but flights like a 7 iron? Purely marketing.

I am missing something here. What are "7 iron distance" and "6 iron distance"?

Loved the R&D quote.

I am missing something here. What are "7 iron distance" and "6 iron distance"?
x and y

doesn't matter, it was mentioned in the podcast, but for Joe Everyday ripping shots at Golf Galaxy looking for clubs, seeing 5 yards gained in a simulator sells clubs. everything else is secondary.

Last edited:
Also, there is a reason why they are called "distance" irons and not "height" irons.

The reality that our golfer collective benefits greatly from 1-height and 2-distance makes this the perfect situation for companies to produce outstanding products that flight better and go longer.

I cannot fathom how that could be a bad thing.

@HipCheck
the greatest hockey player is still playing, ovechkin.

loftjacking Truthers and hockey...that seems about right

Back