PODCAST Off Course: Episode 11: Loft Jacking

its 4:30 and I havent had a chance to listen to the greatest podcast on the inter webs? What is wrong with the world!

Maybe some late night bourbon after everyone's asleep.

I can't believe I'm not getting throttled in here from the truthers haha

COME ON!

I think it is the issues with many not having access yet.

its 4:30 and I havent had a chance to listen to the greatest podcast on the inter webs? What is wrong with the world!

Maybe some late night bourbon after everyone's asleep.
I'll be here, waiting for your thoughts!!!

when should i tell you my thoughts, pre-bourbon? after 1? after 2? right before I fall out of my chair? thats the type of week I had...

The greatest hockey player of all time is Dave "The Hammer" Schultz.

Thanks for another fantastic episode guys!

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

His stats are amazing. Take away his goals and he's still the NHL's all time leading scorer. Seems impossible.

Episode 11 is now on the mobile app and iTunes.

Finally listed today. Great conversation. My take.

1. I am sick of hearing about loft jacking. Who cares how far you hit a club as long as you know how far you hit it.
2. I love keeping stats for me personally. I agree with both Dan and Rob. If it is a good shot that just misses but I executed the shot how I intended I don’t penalize myself. But at the same time I agree with Dan in that total putts is kind of a thing for me so putts from off the green even only a couple inches, does not go to my putting stat.
3. I also use sky golf and enjoy some of the info it provides.

So I would say for me personally, it terms of stat importance Total putts out ranks fairways and greens hit. I know that is a bit of manipulation but whatever. It’s my stats for me.

Listened this morning on the ride from Philly to Baltimore. Hit the nail on the head regarding loft jacking. I could care less what is on the club. As long as it launches in the window I want to see and has a good decent angle, I’ll take all the tech you can pack in there. I like the idea of leaving them blank and letting me etch yardage they go 😂 Great listen guys👍

I can't believe I'm not getting throttled in here from the truthers haha

COME ON!

Jacked lofts were so last quarter. I am on to OB! 😆:p

In all seriousness, launch window is the right answer. Simple as that. Another fun podcast guys!

Finally listed today. Great conversation. My take.

1. I am sick of hearing about loft jacking. Who cares how far you hit a club as long as you know how far you hit it.
2. I love keeping stats for me personally. I agree with both Dan and Rob. If it is a good shot that just misses but I executed the shot how I intended I don’t penalize myself. But at the same time I agree with Dan in that total putts is kind of a thing for me so putts from off the green even only a couple inches, does not go to my putting stat.
3. I also use sky golf and enjoy some of the info it provides.

So I would say for me personally, it terms of stat importance Total putts out ranks fairways and greens hit. I know that is a bit of manipulation but whatever. It’s my stats for me.
I absolutely LOVE hearing complaints about loft.

Had a fun chat with my GM about it this weekend. We both ended up talking about peak height after he saw me hit my 9 iron "the highest he's ever seen a ball get hit" lmao.

I absolutely LOVE hearing complaints about loft.

Had a fun chat with my GM about it this weekend. We both ended up talking about peak height after he saw me hit my 9 iron "the highest he's ever seen a ball get hit" lmao.

Do you like it because it’s easy prey? It makes complete sense.

OEMs build clubs where the ball is coming off hotter. With that launch automatically increase along with it.

To keep the club playable, you have to strengthen them. Tell me one draw back of a 6 iron that launches in the same window as a 7 iron with the same spin as a 6 iron and the decent of a 7 iron but with the distance of a 6 iron?

Follow me? How is that a bad thing?? Haha

Do you like it because it’s easy prey? It makes complete sense.

OEMs build clubs where the ball is coming off hotter. With that launch automatically increase along with it.

To keep the club playable, you have to strengthen them. Tell me one draw back of a 6 iron that launches in the same window as a 7 iron with the same spin as a 6 iron and the decent of a 7 iron but with the distance of a 6 iron?

Follow me? How is that a bad thing?? Haha
lmao, mostly because I love challenging people (in a positive way).

When someone is thriving in their own little bubble and I can burst it a bit - that's fun for me.

lmao, mostly because I love challenging people (in a positive way).

When someone is thriving in their own little bubble and I can burst it a bit - that's fun for me.

Keep that quote in a handy spot then.

I discovered the ability to stream the podcast in my truck while driving which afforded me the opportunity to listen while maintaining focus. I thought this was one of the better editions yet.
The discussion and explanation (with real world data courtesy of range days) of the performance of "jacked" irons compared to player's clubs was quite interesting, and reinforces the results of my recent fitting. Despite the lower lofts, the new design and technology incorporated into the clubs results in higher launch conditions which for me was objective numero uno.
I say great work and keep it coming!

Back