First Look: Ben Hogan UiHi Utility Club

The 10% code might just make me pull the trigger today. I’m in the minority of people who don’t like the look but the performance will win if it performs. At 100 bucks, I doubt I can resist.
What don’t you like about the look??

What don’t you like about the look??
It’s very classic but I wasn’t a golfer back then so I don’t have any attraction to it. Not bad looking, but no nostalgia attached for me.

hopefully i will get my confirmation for shipping this week. It was 28 days when i ordered on the 24th of May.....I got a whole set of Custom Cobra's irons on the 21st of May and have had those for two weeks now

It’s very classic but I wasn’t a golfer back then so I don’t have any attraction to it. Not bad looking, but no nostalgia attached for me.
Interesting, I think it’s a pretty modern look, particularly with the dual cavity (internal and external) design. But, I also think Hogan is making some of the cleanest irons on the entire market, JDM included.

Interesting, I think it’s a pretty modern look, particularly with the dual cavity (internal and external) design. But, I also think Hogan is making some of the cleanest irons on the entire market, JDM included.
I haven’t seen them in hand ever but they have a classic look to me. The script and logo might be the issue that pushes me there. But performance will always win out for me.

I haven’t seen them in hand ever but they have a classic look to me. The script and logo might be the issue that pushes me there. But performance will always win out for me.
You sir, are crazy. :ROFLMAO:

Definitely some personal preference in there. I talk about it in the article that will go up this week, but the 3U isn’t as long as a 5w which I expected, but it does hold up to the 3H and offers a lot of versatility.

I believe far more will benefit from the 4u and 5u than the 3, but that’s purely a long iron comfort and skill thing.
Thank you for your timely response. I think you are telling me that the 22* might be better for me and I agree. I may just keep the 4 ICON in the bag as well and just remove the 3H. I really don't mind that the UT doesn't match the ICON Blacks, but will be easy to grab Hell, at one time I had a conglomeration of clubs, Including Hogan Irons, a couple Orlimar Miraged tri-metals. Might not have been purdy, but gave me the confidence factor.

Since my article on these is turned in, I reshafted them with Nippon GOST hybrid shafts (review on homepage and thread on forum) and am off to try them out.

It’s also windy as hell so the 3U could be getting a crap ton of work off the tee, let’s sting it!

This makes me happy:
Loaded on Delivery Vehicle

Scheduled Delivery
Tuesday06/30/2020
Estimated Time
by 9:00 P.M.

My Hogan UiHi the wife had foot surgery Last Friday, soooo....at least i will have it....

I hit the 3u a bunch during my round yesterday while feeling my way around a new course. It is turning into a reliable choice off the tee. Hit my fair share of fairways, and it was a breezy day and this club did a great job of minimizing how much I got blown around. My favorite was an uphill hump-backed fairway with deep woods on both sides, managed to stay on the crowned fairway with a decent cross breeze blowing. Plenty of distance.

Played 6400ish today on a windy hot Oklahoma day and hit JUST the 3 UiHi off all non par 3’s....with the reshaft its more fun than ever, and now I feel like I can really go after it.:oops:

Oh...and....

DD915817-960D-497F-B690-8E4F5AFF7974.jpeg77F570C9-7181-4CE3-8301-571AEC87510D.jpegF7C36CDC-1A4D-428D-BF07-6CCCBC7A9A53.jpeg

@Jman ...You keep this up and you are going to bankrupt me...

Since my article on these is turned in, I reshafted them with Nippon GOST hybrid shafts (review on homepage and thread on forum) and am off to try them out.

It’s also windy as hell so the 3U could be getting a crap ton of work off the tee, let’s sting it!
Jman when is your article coming out?
It's eagerly awaited!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

So okay then.....went and ordered the 18* with KBS Tour shaft. I really did not want to have two irons the same loft and although a little apprehensive about being able hit a 3 iron, I then recalled that in the past I had 2 through SW and they were true blades! I am able to manage the ICON, so am not really that much concerned. Just have to stay focused. I will have to decide what to remove if I really want to stay within 14 club limit, but I don't compete anyway, so sharing an iron slot isn't that big a deal. If I were to remove a club, it would be a toss up between 3W and 3H (even tho they re different animals).

Jman when is your article coming out?
It's eagerly awaited!

Should be very very soon!

Just out of curiosity, why does Ben Hogan Golf site show UiHi Utility Irons AND UiHi 22 ? Are they not the same thing?

Just out of curiosity, why does Ben Hogan Golf site show UiHi Utility Irons AND UiHi 22 ? Are they not the same thing?
Uihi 22 must be the 22 degree loft option.
From my understanding there is 18, 22 and 26 degree options available

Uihi 22 must be the 22 degree loft option.
From my understanding there is 18, 22 and 26 degree options available

Yah, I know, but when you click on the 22 you do not have choices as the other lists all the lofts. (actually, numerically stamped 3,4,5,). Not important anyway.

Last edited:
Just had shipping notification to say my 18 degree will be here Tuesday. Really looking forward to giving this a smack.

Just had shipping notification to say my 18 degree will be here Tuesday. Really looking forward to giving this a smack.

Sorry if i missed this earlier in the thread but what was the time frame from order to ship?

Sorry if i missed this earlier in the thread but what was the time frame from order to ship?
I placed the order on the 3rd June, so just over a month by the looks of it.

Back