Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Driver Review

Second round today when I played the normal tees and wasn’t coaching my HS girls this (220 Pro 9.5, not standard 220) went into play with my Small Batch Experience design, based on the Riptide with T1100 added into the tip, it’s as easy of a transition as I hoped.

The sound of the 220 Pro is addicting, it it’s made me just itching to pull driver. Not to mention, it was pretty windy today and the numbers I get off it spin wise just bored through the wind on the course.

It’s definitely not as forgiving as the 220, and I believe the 220 competes with anything on the market (and remember as all these videos come out on it and everyone gets fired up, THP has been saying it for MONTHS with the article on the homepage and in the first post of this thread) and this limited driver gives that smaller segment wanting a more compact and traditional shape with lower spin but still a lot of playability an option.

Changed the driver in WITB already? It's been 3 days

Changed the driver in WITB already? It's been 3 days
Yep. Numbers don’t lie, and on course performance solidifies. I have tried literally since February to oust the 410 LST, and it survived FIVE current release drivers, until the Pro.

I’ve also been doing this long enough on the review side (this one isn’t a review, it was a purchase) that I know pretty quick when something works for me, and when it doesn’t. 7-8 years will do that :ROFLMAO:

Pumped to get the Pro back on the course today with the custom in it (y)

TEE seems to be innovating as fast as anyone in the industry and staying at least $150 to 200 cheaper for comparable drivers... what's not to like about that?

Pro 9.5 w/ PX custom session average today:

Ball Speed: 158.9 (high 165, low 156)
Launch: 13.2
Spin: 2267 RPM

👀

Not as long or as much ball speed as some of you monsters, but pretty good for me right now!

GAMER!

Looking for a nice driving day today... I need to limit the number of pulled drives today as they don't play well on the course... that is my miss as I have eliminated the fade for the most part....

What leads to pulls left on right handed golfer? club path?

Looking for a nice driving day today... I need to limit the number of pulled drives today as they don't play well on the course... that is my miss as I have eliminated the fade for the most part....

high probabi;lity of a "over the top" move on the downswing.....it's my miss also. A slice is an outside in path w/ the clubhead NOT square, a dead pull is often a outside in path w/ a square face. Thus my never ending struggle to keep my damn elbow in!

Arms starting the downswing instead of the body.
Get that orange whip out !!!!

I’m fighting the opposite. I’m pushing or push hooking everything.

Going to make a thread today just on the Pro, maybe that will draw more 👀 to the conversation.

I’ll say this here though, if you’re sleeping on either of these drivers....they’re worth tracking down.

Describe ball flight

TEEm, how's the driver been doing for you all lately? It is a driver that I have high on my ponder list as an upgrade to my Cobra F6. Based on the performance and price, I think this will be a difficult one to beat. Curious to see how it's been playing out, now that you've had more time with it.

TEEm, how's the driver been doing for you all lately? It is a driver that I have high on my ponder list as an upgrade to my Cobra F6. Based on the performance and price, I think this will be a difficult one to beat. Curious to see how it's been playing out, now that you've had more time with it.

I’ve put it up against my Epic Flash and the 220 held its own distance wise. Forgiving as anything out there and seems to retain ball speed with very little distance loss on off center hits. The one possible polarizing aspect is the elongated head. If you are not opposed to head shapes like the ping g20, Ping g25, callaway Rogue, Mavrik Max then this shape Will work for you. If you want more traditional I’d look at the 220 Pro.
The sound on the 220 is on the louder side but nothing obnoxious.

Mine has the Ventus 4t shaft in R flex and it holds up well for a stock made for shaft. Definitely a little tighter feeling that the stock Even Flow Green shaft in the Flash.

I haven’t messed with the 220 in a couple weeks though as I was testing a new driver I happened to get a good deal on during a Memorial Day sale. now that it’s dialed in shaft wise I plan to do a bake-off with the 3 drivers to see which one makes the bag.

All 3 though I could game very easily.

I’ve put it up against my Epic Flash and the 220 held its own distance wise. Forgiving as anything out there and seems to retain ball speed with very little distance loss on off center hits. The one possible polarizing aspect is the elongated head. If you are not opposed to head shapes like the ping g20, Ping g25, callaway Rogue, Mavrik Max then this shape Will work for you. If you want more traditional I’d look at the 220 Pro.
The sound on the 220 is on the louder side but nothing obnoxious.

Mine has the Ventus 4t shaft in R flex and it holds up well for a stock made for shaft. Definitely a little tighter feeling that the stock Even Flow Green shaft in the Flash.

I haven’t messed with the 220 in a couple weeks though as I was testing a new driver I happened to get a good deal on during a Memorial Day sale. now that it’s dialed in shaft wise I plan to do a bake-off with the 3 drivers to see which one makes the bag.

All 3 though I could game very easily.
Thanks for that response, I appreciate it. I do like the head shape of the pro better, but just need hit both to see which performs best. Only been hearing good things about this!

I am excited for mine to get here...had to grab an EXS 3W as well so it wouldn't feel lonely in the bag.

I had 220 Driver and 16.5 FW show up yesterday, driving to find time to hit the range this PM and will be playing Saturday and Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a chance to get in a round before work this morning.

Since I was the first tee time, I had the course to myself and wanted to do some driver testing. On the front 9, on 5 of the holes I hit a drive with the EXS220 as well as the Cobra SZ Xtreme driver I have been trying messing around with. The EXS220 was set to U/+ for holes 3-7. Holes 9-18 I switched it to O/+. I have the 12* with Ventus 4t Reg flex playing at a hair over 45".
The Cobra is the Speedzone Xtreme 12* set to +1/D with a GD YS-5 Nano Reloaded R flex.

Hole #3 -
EXS220 - 220 Left side of the Fairway
SZ X - 197 (miss left into tree line)

Hole #4 -
EXS220 - 212 Missed left
SZ Z - 190 even further left

Hole #6
EXS 246 - middle
SZ X - 237 - middle

Hole #7
EXS- 208 - miss left
SZ X - 233 - middle

Hole #9
EXS - 252 middle (my personal longest on this hole)
SZ X - 195 - miss left

So in the 5 testing holes, the EXS220 bested the Cobra 4 out of 5.
Average of the 5 drives:
EXS220 - 228
SZ X - 210

And honestly I think this is where the EXS220 shines is on mishits and/or poor swings. A poor swing with the EXS220 seemed to always get me out there 10-15 yds longer than the SZ X. Not to say the SZ X is a bad driver and I haven't wrote it off yet as I love its looks. But its seems to be a little more feast or famine right now for me than the EXS220.

Also, I really had a case of the lefts today with the Cobra and when I did hit it well it was a big push draw which honestly I am getting really tired of.
On #9 I changed the EXS220 setting from U/+ to O/+ and it really seemed to help tame the draw while maintaining a higher flight which I like.

On the back nine I wanted to play quicker so I gamed the EXS220 and quit hitting the Cobra. I had some ho hum lower hooky drives on #10, 16 and 18 all in that 200-220 range, but on #11, #12 and #14 I hit some good ones - 241 yds, 237 and 223.

So counting all the EXS220 drives today, I averaged 223 which is pretty solid for me. My all time average since using Game Golf (April 2016) is 218.

@Jman Any way you could hit the original EXS driver to compare it to what your seeing with the 220/Pro? If yes, can you swap the weights to see what the effect is?

It’s probably time to sell my 220 but it was a fun experiment

It’s probably time to sell my 220 but it was a fun experiment
What beats yours...

I am hitting bombs with mine that are fairway finders and out me in play. Working either a nice draw or a nice little fade on these. Very rare or the hooks or slices tland that is because of handsy or lack there of in the swing. When I get feeling the flow this thing is a rocket.

What beats yours...

I am hitting bombs with mine that are fairway finders and out me in play. Working either a nice draw or a nice little fade on these. Very rare or the hooks or slices tland that is because of handsy or lack there of in the swing. When I get feeling the flow this thing is a rocket.
I hit some awesome drives over the weekend with my Flash so the desire to tinker is fading. If I had easy access to a monitor and other shafts, I’d be more inclined to have a showdown between the two.

You’re gonna love it!

I do. Put some range swings on it...(I hate that we have to use mats at my home range...all the tees are super high) so I ran around the course with it...I've been struggling with my driver lately so I was a bit anxious about hitting it right away but I got my some of my set up issues worked out enough to put some good tee shots on this. the sound is definitely different but I adjusted to it quickly. center face strikes are music to my ears and the feel is really nice. I hit a couple of 250 yarders (with rollout) and a few in the 230s but I was straight...ish for the round so I just need to get back with my instructor and work on the driver. I have the hzrdus yellow smoke on it and at first, I thought it might be too flexy but I didn't notice it while playing...I definitely want to swap out to a mid sized grip, tho...to be honest, I bought a certified pre-owned model (since this is my first big TE buy) but it looked immaculate (posted above) so for $236, I am very happy with this. Can't wait to put some more rounds on this...

Back