First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

This are some sweet looking wedges. I have had mixed results with the RTX line in the past, but I think that these wedges would be right down my alley!!

Loved the RTX4 wedges. Even if these are just slightly improved, they'll have a big winner, but it appears that there's multiple improvements.

Great preview and I’ll be excited to read the reviews once some guys get them in hand and on course.

Is it just me or is the look very P790-esque?

In the pics I can see that because of the "band" around the ZipCore and font.

Great write up and introduction. I love Cleveland wedges and these are no exception. I also appreciate the price point compared to some others. Looks like Cleveland continues to shine. Looking forward to reviews.

Well done @Jman

So seeing this and reading about the Zipcore I can't help but wonder if this technology might be the start of getting forgiving blade irons down the line. That's basically what Cleveland is doing here is making a blade, then boring a hole, then filling it with a high density low weight resin of some sort. It will be interesting to see where Cleveland and the inevitable copycats take this tech.

These have had my attention since the teaser came out. The core, along with the improvement on the face via improving the grooves and layout of the grooves has me very interested. I really enjoy my RTX-3 wedges, but have had a new set in mind in the near term. Cant wait to hear some of the testing feedback once the time comes! Nice write up @Jman !

In the pics I can see that because of the "band" around the ZipCore and font.

That was what caught my eye and my mind went straight to P790.

The tech sounds really good and helpful for any skill golfer.

Great preview! And just like that I find myself in the market for new wedges. 😂

No black at launch is the only negative, I can see... Can’t wait!!!

This seems interesting with the core removal. I’ll be interested to read some reviews, especially on sound and feel

Looks like papa needs some new wedges!!

Great write up. I want to know more!

Will there be comparisons between Cleveland's other offerings in the review? The RTX 4, CBX 2, Smart Sole 4's... I'm interested to know how these new RTX Zipcores compare to them in terms of hittability (Is that a word?):unsure: and forgiveness.(y)

I figure it would be too much to ask for comparisons to Vokey, Glide, Jaws, Mack Daddy, etc... :D

The most important question I have is: how do the RTX Zipcores handle for a high handicap player with a crappy short game?

I thought the same thing. I think the satin color plus the bolded black lettering and font remind me alot of the P790's.

No black at launch is the only negative, I can see... Can’t wait!!!

Agreed. Got to think it’s because of the pandemic. Feel like they’ve never delayed the Black before. Could be wrong though.

Agreed. Got to think it’s because of the pandemic. Feel like they’ve never delayed the Black before. Could be wrong though.

I would say that is pretty accurate.
I have the Satin here and absolutely love the look. Then again, I am playing Satin irons and they blend so nicely.

I have the Satin here and absolutely love the look. Then again, I am playing Satin irons and they blend so nicely.

The picture posted, they look incredibly sharp! No complaints for sure.

The picture posted, they look incredibly sharp! No complaints for sure.

It's bad for me because they are in one of these boxes and I need to find them before golf. It will happen today.

I should have a pretty good writeup in here coming up too.

I love the look of black wedges, but I love the look of a blended set better, so I usually lean Satin. These give me no reason not to, as I think they have a very good look to them.

It's bad for me because they are in one of these boxes and I need to find them before golf. It will happen today.

Wife letting you get out for golf before the house is unpacked? I guess it’s your job...I def chose the wrong profession!

• Haha
Reactions: JB

Cant wait to read it. Yours and @Jman thoughts.

Great preview and I’ll be excited to read the reviews once some guys get them in hand and on course.

My thoughts exactly! They look good though

I just like the darker finish on wedges, do you know if the dark finish will be similar to prior Cleveland finishes, or will it be like the dark finish on the BH Equalizer wedges (which holds up better)?

Back