First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

I like what I see.

What I also like seeing is the 54* in FULL bounce option.

Thanks for the in hand pics @JB

These look awesome. The wedge area of my bag is always open for changes.

Also the 54° is only in the Full or the Low, no 2 dot on the 54°?

“Grinds: Low (46°-60°), Mid (56°-62°), Full (54°-60°)”
Nice catch. I did not see that. I’ve normally played a mid in the 54.

Under the SPECS tab on Clevelands website it is showing 54* in mid bounce option....?

Nice review @Jman! Those are great looking wedges.

I like what I see.

What I also like seeing is the 54* in FULL bounce option.

Thanks for the in hand pics @JB
The 3 dot 54 is back... That's a positive....

The 3 dot 54 is back... That's a positive....
This reminds me, I’m actually really glad they went away from the dot system a few years back, it made sense for I hated the change at the time, but low, mid, and full is pretty seamless.

Under the SPECS tab on Clevelands website it is showing 54* in mid bounce option....?
Check up a bit earlier, as I mentioned it was flip flopped on my end at the end of the article, it’s been fixed. These things happen

Love the looks of these. Was contemplating getting the old wedges out of the bag and these look like they might do the trick. Would love to get some first hand experience though before a full jump.

Love the looks of these. Was contemplating getting the old wedges out of the bag and these look like they might do the trick. Would love to get some first hand experience though before a full jump.

Earlier in the thread I added some feedback on the aesthetics and will have a bit more coming soon on the performance.

The text within a rectangle seems to be a popular accent to clubs recently.
1593527527422.png1593527551156.png1593527588970.png

Raw, and black later this year as well..

This reminds me, I’m actually really glad they went away from the dot system a few years back, it made sense for I hated the change at the time, but low, mid, and full is pretty seamless.
I still refer to the Dot system out of habit, but agreed.

I did not catch originally that this is a new version of the DG spinner. Now I am even more intrigued... I need to know more about this shaft..

Pre-ordering as soon as humanly possible :cool:

I absolutely can’t wait to start working with a couple of these. Having been an RTX4 user until moving to SM8, I’m pretty pumped to put them all side by side.

Wanted to drop a little update here as I have been testing these out for a while. I will use this one for some of the subjective thoughts on it as I know in the images it doesn't look all that traditional.

Out of the box, they scream Cleveland wedge. If you are a user, you know what I am speaking about. Refined with tech is how I have described the last couple of iterations and this is like that times 1000. The finish is well done in blends well with a number of iron sets and they look super clean in the bag. I will have more in hand pictures coming soon.

The face looks sharp. Not just in grooves, but sharp. You feel as though you are going to get a ton of spin (and you do), but also that it was well thought out and the implementation is darn near perfect.

For someone like me that has been a Cleveland wedge user since high school (that is decades and decades ago), these are not the same Cleveland wedges. The long hosel is not there, they are far more refined, more performance driven and most of all more user friendly in looks. This wedge line says "take me to the thick stuff".

The biggest question I had when reading the tech early on and then getting these in hand was would the bump out bother traditionalists. In my opinion no, but I'm not a purist. It looks crazy natural at setup and the picture in the next post is a 52 degree at setup. As you can see it is super clean looking and inspires confidence, at least it did to me.

More coming up shortly.

Wanted to update a little bit here on changes, before I get into the performance. What is different and what isn't. Looking at the first picture of the RTX3, you can see some major differences, from the sole on up. In images, the RTX4 to ZipCore, looks closer than what is going on here. Which means shaping hasn't been altered to an extreme, so those that enjoy Cleveland wedges, will continue to shape wise.

Not sure if the images show it off, but the leading edge has a bit less roundness to it than previous models, but there is still some forgiveness packed in here to prevent digging.

B9A7F4FF-1F6B-4146-92D5-B14257073BE9.jpeg

454415B4-9095-45FA-8A62-B47F8B95FBF5.jpeg

BFDD4ABD-23E0-4607-A974-77DAB0DD1204.jpeg

@Jman awesome write up! I really liked the rtx 4's and look forward to seeing these

did someone say custom grinding? that is REALLY intriguing.

Wanted to update a little bit here on changes, before I get into the performance. What is different and what isn't. Looking at the first picture of the RTX3, you can see some major differences, from the sole on up. In images, the RTX4 to ZipCore, looks closer than what is going on here. Which means shaping hasn't been altered to an extreme, so those that enjoy Cleveland wedges, will continue to shape wise.

Not sure if the images show it off, but the leading edge has a bit less roundness to it than previous models, but there is still some forgiveness packed in here to prevent digging.

View attachment 8951232

View attachment 8951233

View attachment 8951234
whoa, that looks like a pretty significant change in the sole design.

whoa, that looks like a pretty significant change in the sole design.

It feels more subtle during use, but it is there (the change). The bigger thing I have seen in brief testing as how well the sole and leading edge appear to work together to promote contact and create spin.

It feels more subtle during use, but it is there (the change). The bigger thing I have seen in brief testing as how well the sole and leading edge appear to work together to promote contact and create spin.
Super intriguing.

I've not been shy in how much I love the RTX4. Can't wait to see how the change improves the product in a positive way.

At least in the pictures, I like the high toe look without it actually being a high toe wedge...does that makes sense? Obviously a must try...hopefully it looks and performs in person like it looks like in pictures.

Super intriguing.

I've not been shy in how much I love the RTX4. Can't wait to see how the change improves the product in a positive way.

Me neither. Loved that wedge and still do. In fact I think it is one of the best bargains in golf right now, but I say this confidently, this is a better wedge.
More control, more spin around the green (which shocks me) and a feel that harkens back to the original 588 that I fell in love with. The feel is really hard to describe but it's there.

Back