5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Good day at the gym and really enjoying this new workout. The bad part is I'm going to need to buy some new pants soon!

I'm about to fall off the wagon this weekend. Lunch buffet tomorrow, steaks tomorrow night, fried catfish on Saturday night, and good breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday. Of course I'm also planning to squeeze in 36 - 54 holes of golf. Should be fun!

I'm about to fall off the wagon this weekend. Lunch buffet tomorrow, steaks tomorrow night, fried catfish on Saturday night, and good breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday. Of course I'm also planning to squeeze in 36 - 54 holes of golf. Should be fun!

Just walk those 36 - 54 holes and call it even :)

Well my planned butt-kicking last night didn't happen.
Instead of going to the gym, I had to bust it to the shop and continue building the solar car. Ended up pulling an all-nighter and eating a few unhealthy things along the way to stay alive.
Maybe next week...

Good day at the gym and really enjoying this new workout. The bad part is I'm going to need to buy some new pants soon!

Rhino -- That is a good problem buddy!

The steaks should be good as loaded with protein and a few catfish is kind of like a reward for ya. Keep up the good work Arkie.

I got up at 5:30 a.m., went to the gym and worked out for 90 minutes. Getting all cleaned up in a few and then head to the golf course for range time and then 18 - 27 holes of golf. I'm loose as a goose and ready to relax and hit some quality shots. It's going to be a great day!

Got back to my routine somewhat. 5 days this last week. I feel great. Gonna get some rest but I wanted to drop by with some progress. 233.4 and I'm confident I'll hit my goal of 30lbs.

Got back to my routine somewhat. 5 days this last week. I feel great. Gonna get some rest but I wanted to drop by with some progress. 233.4 and I'm confident I'll hit my goal of 30lbs.

nice work yoccos, keep it rolling. I've been inspired by Gray's busy morning, so I'm off for a run now.

Well I am pretty sure I will not be bathing suit ready by the outing but I have been eating well recently and I plan to continue to eat a very healthy diet and hit the gym 4- 5 days a week. Right now I am only going about 3 and my running has suffered from it but I plan to get that back on track. I had some really great workouts the past few weeks so the body has been sore which for me is the best feeling. Even though I won't reach my goal by the outing I am still happy with my progress because I gone down almost 2 pant sizes and I definitely have a lot less jiggle then when I started. There are even parts of me that have defined muscles so that's pretty exciting.

I may have one bad day next week but it will be worth it because the Great American Pie Festival is here in Orlando and there is just no way JB and I could turn down the $10 all you can eat pie buffet!

Well I am pretty sure I will not be bathing suit ready by the outing but I have been eating well recently and I plan to continue to eat a very healthy diet and hit the gym 4- 5 days a week. Right now I am only going about 3 and my running has suffered from it but I plan to get that back on track. I had some really great workouts the past few weeks so the body has been sore which for me is the best feeling. Even though I won't reach my goal by the outing I am still happy with my progress because I gone down almost 2 pant sizes and I definitely have a lot less jiggle then when I started. There are even parts of me that have defined muscles so that's pretty exciting.

I may have one bad day next week but it will be worth it because the Great American Pie Festival is here in Orlando and there is just no way JB and I could turn down the $10 all you can eat pie buffet!

Ok folks when I see a delusional post as hairbrained as this one I have to call it out.

Do NOT listen to GG when she says she will not be bathing suit ready come the Outing. She's loco in the head.

We spent this past Thursday shopping for clothes for our new bodies and she picked out the best looking bathing suit for the outing.

She is ready. Silly girl..., ;-)

Enjoy your pie. It's ok to have a day that you ignore your eating plan as long as you don't make it every day :)

Ok folks when I see a delusional post as hairbrained as this one I have to call it out.

Do NOT listen to GG when she says she will not be bathing suit ready come the Outing. She's loco in the head.

We spent this past Thursday shopping for clothes for our new bodies and she picked out the best looking bathing suit for the outing.

She is ready. Silly girl..., ;-)

Enjoy your pie. It's ok to have a day that you ignore your eating plan as long as you don't make it every day :)

Well I sincerely appreciate your kind words but there are certainly areas that have a lot of work left to do but as I said I am happy with my progress so far and I definitely feel a lot better since getting back on the healthy track. And I do really love that bathing suit we picked out, I just need a find a wrap. : )

There is no guilt from this girl for the pie festival. We have been watching this on the Food Network for years and now that we are local there was no way we were going to miss this opportunity to go. Although it is during the Masters (how dare they!) so we won't be able to stay long.

so I decided to think ahead and prepare some healthy breakfast choices so I am not rushed before the gym. I just made some steel cut oatmeal and portioned it out into 1 serving containers plus I hard boiled a dozen eggs. Now I am all set for the week. JB hasn't stopped laughing at me for it but that's nothing new so I don't let it phase me. I am also on a greek yogurt kick. I can't get enough of the stuff.

I have to say that Golfer Gal & MaryC have more than earned their way into the hall of fame for the 5-10-15 thread! You gals have set the bar so high it is ridiculous! I can not forget the guys who have worked their arse off on this thread who are heros as well. There are many of you and I for one, give you the golden high five. We have several days before WPB so lets all keep grinding and see some happy ( :D faces) at the outing. Now for you dudes/dudettes who are not making the outing, feel free to share some pics with us. Maybe before and after or just as you are. I am looking forward to next month and the goals (lbs or inches) that we all have worked so hard to achieve.

Hopefully my wife will get a few 'action' shots of my marathon, i will try to post one of those. Keep up the good work, I want to see the list of guys you take down in the arm wrestling challenge :)

Hopefully my wife will get a few 'action' shots of my marathon, i will try to post one of those. Keep up the good work, I want to see the list of guys you take down in the arm wrestling challenge :)

LOL - You don't want to see the young bucks taken down by a 60 year old do ya :deadhorse:

Today was the first "official" weigh day I've done in a few weeks. I'm in the process of upping my carb intake to see how much I can take without gaining and though its been pleasant to see I'd kind of plateaued for a while. This week has been good though, weighed in at 206.5, lightest I've been in a long time. My goal was 40 lbs by july and I really think I'm going to do it as I'm sitting at about 30lbs right now being honest about my starting weight.

Love it, love it, love it. Also found out the town 15 minutes from us has a 24-hour gym, I'm calling tomorrow to see what the cost is!

Today was the first "official" weigh day I've done in a few weeks. I'm in the process of upping my carb intake to see how much I can take without gaining and though its been pleasant to see I'd kind of plateaued for a while. This week has been good though, weighed in at 206.5, lightest I've been in a long time. My goal was 40 lbs by july and I really think I'm going to do it as I'm sitting at about 30lbs right now being honest about my starting weight.

Love it, love it, love it. Also found out the town 15 minutes from us has a 24-hour gym, I'm calling tomorrow to see what the cost is!

There are so many success stories on here that it makes my heart smile :thumb:. Incredible amount of determination and hard work. Let's all give everybody a huge :clapp:

Last edited:
Well I sincerely appreciate your kind words but there are certainly areas that have a lot of work left to do but as I said I am happy with my progress so far and I definitely feel a lot better since getting back on the healthy track. And I do really love that bathing suit we picked out, I just need a find a wrap. : )

There is no guilt from this girl for the pie festival. We have been watching this on the Food Network for years and now that we are local there was no way we were going to miss this opportunity to go. Although it is during the Masters (how dare they!) so we won't be able to stay long.

so I decided to think ahead and prepare some healthy breakfast choices so I am not rushed before the gym. I just made some steel cut oatmeal and portioned it out into 1 serving containers plus I hard boiled a dozen eggs. Now I am all set for the week. JB hasn't stopped laughing at me for it but that's nothing new so I don't let it phase me. I am also on a greek yogurt kick. I can't get enough of the stuff.

Mmmmmm, Greek Yogurt, walnuts, and some fresh strawberries or blackberries. Its been a staple of out household for some time now, I love it.

I read this and all I can think of is Tiger saying he didn't have his "A" game early on in his career. You are nutso GG... :)

I am bumping this post a bit because we are today, according to the Official Prison Calendar Update, 40 days away from the Outing!!

Which means it is time to push into the home stretch, get the burn going, and push those last few pesky pounds we are going to lose off our bodies.

I had a training session this morning and I was pretty excited because my trainer took a current picture of me to put in my file against my "before" picture and for the first time I saw what I had done the past few months! I actually started crying because I haven't noticed the changes the past six months in total. When you look at yourself every day, I guess it is hard to see those changes. Anyways, it was shocking. I also hit a milestone in the gym today. I ran for 2 miles on treadmill without having to go to a walk. If you had told me six months ago I would be able to run 2 miles on a treadmill at 5.0 I would have told you were delusional. My new goal is to add a 1% incline to the first mile.

As usual, I can't thank everyone on this thread enough. You are inspirational to me and when ever I start to feel like I can't do this, I just come here and read through the posts to get a little boost.

OK Let's Rock This OUT!!!!

Well, I fell off the wagon last weekend as I expected... and ended up gaining a couple of pounds. Just as I was about to get on track, the inlaws treated my wife and I to a buffet dinner last night. At least I didn't eat so much that I left feeling miserable!
Oh well, I get to break out the push mower this weekend in 90 degree temps and turkey season starts next weekend, so I've got some exercise on the way.

I have been at the gym everyday since Monday and the good thing is I got my son hooked. We are taking today off to rest and watch the Masters after a round of golf :D. Going to the gym is good for you but even more fun when you have family members excited about it. I don't know of a better and healthier way to share some family time :thumb:

I am bumping this post a bit because we are today, according to the Official Prison Calendar Update, 40 days away from the Outing!!

Which means it is time to push into the home stretch, get the burn going, and push those last few pesky pounds we are going to lose off our bodies.

I had a training session this morning and I was pretty excited because my trainer took a current picture of me to put in my file against my "before" picture and for the first time I saw what I had done the past few months! I actually started crying because I haven't noticed the changes the past six months in total. When you look at yourself every day, I guess it is hard to see those changes. Anyways, it was shocking. I also hit a milestone in the gym today. I ran for 2 miles on treadmill without having to go to a walk. If you had told me six months ago I would be able to run 2 miles on a treadmill at 5.0 I would have told you were delusional. My new goal is to add a 1% incline to the first mile.

As usual, I can't thank everyone on this thread enough. You are inspirational to me and when ever I start to feel like I can't do this, I just come here and read through the posts to get a little boost.

OK Let's Rock This OUT!!!!

I'm sure seeing your before/after pic had to be emotional. I know when I saw you a few months ago I was just flabbergasted at how much you have lost since the last outing. You are doing an amazing job!

As for me, I'm eating terribly and playing golf all the time. My weight is still down about 8-9 pounds from the beginning of this thread and i'm not gaining but I can tell that my fat has returned in some places. I keep saying I'm going back on plan but I haven't done it yet.

Looks like I'm the only person in my family who doesn't work out at the gym. Both my boys are fitness freaks and my stepson has now joined the gym and loves working out with Ole Gray. Dang. The pressure is on!

I'm making an appointment with a chiropractor next week to check on my lower back before I go back. I am having numbness in my right thigh area that has me a little concerned. I talked to our local chiro at the golf course yesterday and decided I'm going to him. He said it sounds like I have a pinched nerve. Yep, that's what I think too.

I gained back 5lbs. I went off of atkins for a week and am now back on it. I think by doing that it will give me a little jump start.

KB, I picked up a ems unit on amazon for 26 bucks and it is helping my back. The tens unit was returned as it didn't do any better than the cheap one. I hope that chiropractor fixes things for you.

I haven't been to this thread for a while, but yesterday I realized that I'm wearing my old jeans again that are a 34" waist. I still have some more weight to lose, but most of the "baby weight" is gone now.

I'm sure seeing your before/after pic had to be emotional. I know when I saw you a few months ago I was just flabbergasted at how much you have lost since the last outing. You are doing an amazing job!

As for me, I'm eating terribly and playing golf all the time. My weight is still down about 8-9 pounds from the beginning of this thread and i'm not gaining but I can tell that my fat has returned in some places. I keep saying I'm going back on plan but I haven't done it yet.

Looks like I'm the only person in my family who doesn't work out at the gym. Both my boys are fitness freaks and my stepson has now joined the gym and loves working out with Ole Gray. Dang. The pressure is on!

I'm making an appointment with a chiropractor next week to check on my lower back before I go back. I am having numbness in my right thigh area that has me a little concerned. I talked to our local chiro at the golf course yesterday and decided I'm going to him. He said it sounds like I have a pinched nerve. Yep, that's what I think too.

Kelly, you have to take what the Dr tells you. You don't want to be out of commission in May. 9lbs is a big deal. Even though it isn't what you had hoped for you have been walking wounded for over two months. And for a lot of people, that would have been enough time to put back on everything they had lost plus more. So, bravo to you for no undoing much of what you had accomplished. The parts that are returning to a little flab will disappear once you get the go ahead to start walking, swinging, working out.

So good for you. Now rest your back!!

Now that my busy season has started it has been difficult to make time for working out. I am going to start doing some push ups during my breaks to help make up for the missed workouts.

Back