Tour Event 2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic

Maybe Nick will stop complaining about Bryson’s graphite shafted wedges now....... but I doubt it

Can't get through recapping Bryson's day without Faldo reminding everyone once again that the event winner and current hottest golfer on tour needs to go steel shafts

Wolff played great, just a couple of missed opportunities. To think he's only 21.

Its hysterical. Here is a guy that said SQAIRZ shoes are the greatest ever because they thought outside the box, and can’t wrap his head around shaft change.

Well, it’s sad the Faldo being 6’4” and solidly built could barely hit the ball out of his shadow..

Waiting for the Bryson meal delivery service. Protein shakes here I come!

Young kids in AJGA and others are paying attention and it’s a guarantee there will be more like Bryson who will hit it 350+ on a consistent basis. There are some on tour now who have dialed back to be in the fairway. I think Bryson is showing it can be done hitting it full blast.

Been saying it for 18 months now and we have talked about it before.
There is no doubt he will get to the top at some point.

Everyone's talking about Bryson's distance but he led the field in strokes gained putting this week.

Also, Matt Wolfe absolutely killed it off the tee this week as well averaging 326 off the tee while hitting almost 70% of the fairways. There's a number of young guys on tour right now having a lot of success bombing driver long and straight.

Last edited:
Easily will be #1 in the world with the way he’s driving the ball. Doesn’t matter what else he does with his irons and putting.
Or the graphite in his wedges??!!

I was on the course all day, were there still posts about Bryson needing shorter wedges?

I was on the course all day, were there still posts about Bryson needing shorter wedges?
Today it wasn't about shorter, it was about switching to steel instead of graphite. Faldo must have said it 10 times at least. And every time it was that Bryson needs to do it, like it was inarguable

Today it wasn't about shorter, it was about switching to steel instead of graphite. Faldo must have said it 10 times at least. And every time it was that Bryson needs to do it, like it was inarguable
And not only during the round - Faldo had to repeat it yet again during the recap afterward! He certainly does have a strong opinion about it.

I felt like this win was inevitable. He does it his own way, using logic, science, and etc with a big middle finger to anyone worried about the game changing.

Talk about statement though... birdie birdie birdie finish. Hell yeah.

Just as impressive as the driver was the putting. If he replaces those wedge shafts he’ll be unstoppable...

Listened on the radio while driving home. Commentators were saying he was #1 in strokes gained both off the tee, and putting.
A stat that no winner has ever achieved since the shotlink era. Until now.

woah

Jeez, lead in strokes gain off the tee and putting. That is going to make him deadly no matter where they play.

nobody said it when he stuffed that wedge at 18.

my thought is he just needs more time figuring out his partial distances. once he gets there, he’s going to be a freaking force.

nobody said it when he stuffed that wedge at 18.

my thought is he just needs more time figuring out his partial distances. once he gets there, he’s going to be a freaking force.
Haha nope. They also didn't mention his longer wedges yesterday on 13 when he had the ball way below his feet in the short sided bunker, got it to 9'4, and then made the birdie.

Yes finally picked the winner!!! Bryson was on 🔥 this week!!!

Congrats to Bryson. He came out on fire and never let up.

if wonky wolf could have calmed down on the front and turn those bogeys into pars we might have had one hell of a match down the stretch.

Only time is when it’s U.K. bacon... we call that ham

Proper bacon Bacon.jpg

Not the streaky ,fatty garbage.

Back