Tiger Woods HBO Documentary Coming this Year

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
HBO is releasing their two part Tiger Woods documentary this year with part one coming on December 13th and the second part airing the following week on December 20th. TIGER, will be based on the rise, fall and rise of the 2019 Masters Champion.

Featuring the likes of Steve Williams and Sir Nick Faldo the two part series will also include mistress Rachel Uchitel from the 2009 scandal that shocked the sports world.

Continue reading...

Wow. Opinion of Nick Falso just went way further south. :(
What's this? The year of tearing down the greatest black athletes?
Media is so corrupt and racist. Disney tore down Jordan.

And once again, on the 13th. New mark of the friggin beast.

• Admin
In the current climate I shouldn't be surprised, but how someone makes this about race is beyond me.
We have arguably the greatest golfer of all time, achieve heights unimaginable and they came crashing down, only to get redemption by coming back from all of it and winning the Masters. Its a huge story and shouldn't matter what the color of a persons skin is to tell it.

In the current climate I shouldn't be surprised, but how someone makes this about race is beyond me.
We have arguably the greatest golfer of all time, achieve heights unimaginable and they came crashing down, only to get redemption by coming back from all of it and winning the Masters. Its a huge story and shouldn't matter what the color of a persons skin is to tell it.

Yeah, we are going to shut the race talk down right now.

Yeah, we are going to shut the race talk down right now.
And thank goodness for that. So tired of all the jump to conclusions we have going on in today’s climate.

I was hoping that Tiger would some day get the attention he deserves........

I hope the access they got was great because Tiger is finally letting his guard down a little. And I love it as he lets us in.

I understand it is Tiger and there have already been a dozen or so docs on the guy, but I kinda feel this is too soon. Let him finish his career and then give a few years. I think part of what made the Jordan doc so great was that it has been 20 years or whatever. Let the nostalgia build. At least that is my opinion.

I am not sure that I am too interested in this at this point.

I will check this one out for sure. I hope it's not as disappointing as the last book where all of the early stuff was good then once he was an adult it was lacking

Obviously not an approved project from Tiger Woods here. This could go wrong in so many ways.....but of course, I'll be watching.

First off I am a big Tiger fan but if Tiger is not involved then it a glorified TMZ piece. I thought the Last Dance was great and for this to be successful they should have behind the scenes access to Tiger.

First off I am a big Tiger fan but if Tiger is not involved then it a glorified TMZ piece. I thought the Last Dance was great and for this to be successful they should have behind the scenes access to Tiger.

I dont necessarily disagree, but no chance you can tell any of the fall if Tiger is behind the documentary.

I really fear for free speech and our freedoms when we can't talk about anything.
Political correctness is an affront to your 1st amendment rights. Don't help the powers that be there if you can help it.
Different perspectives. We need them, or really bad things happen in history. Remember?
This is precisely the time for such discussions. My apologies if this is not the place for it. It's a golf forum, I get it. However...

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates

So ironic. I was chosen to play Socrates in a high school play. :D

I guess maybe I am missing the point of this doc. I was thinking this was a last dance type thing. Maybe not... I don't really see the point to drag him through the mud again if that is the goal. If it is a celebrate a faulty man that was great at a sport. Awesome. to try and dredge up old stuff again. Make me wonder why...

never have been a tiger fan but i am curious to see how this goes and if they are willing to talk about certain things....i'm guessing if Rachel Uchitel is in it then maybe they are. i wonder if elin will be interviewed

I really fear for free speech and our freedoms when we can't talk about anything.
Political correctness is an affront to your 1st amendment rights. Don't help the powers that be there if you can help it.
Different perspectives. We need them, or really bad things happen in history. Remember?
This is precisely the time for such discussions. My apologies if this is not the place for it. It's a golf forum, I get it. However...

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates

So ironic. I was chosen to play Socrates in a high school play. :D

Agreed, but there is a time and place for all of that. This is neither the time, or the place. You want to argue about politics.. I am sure there political forums somewhere for that nonesense..

I guess maybe I am missing the point of this doc. I was thinking this was a last dance type thing. Maybe not... I don't really see the point to drag him through the mud again if that is the goal. If it is a celebrate a faulty man that was great at a sport. Awesome. to try and dredge up old stuff again. Make me wonder why...
"why"? because of money....easiest answer

A documentary on an athlete that hit the pinnacle of his sport, had it come crashing down and then built back up to hit the pinnacle again. If they wait for multiple years and either other major wins or no other major wins, it doesn't have the same timing in my opinion.

Nope. No arguments at all. I just like to post alternative viewpoints sometimes just purely for food for thought. I can't help if it is then turned into an argument.

A documentary on an athlete that hit the pinnacle of his sport, had it come crashing down and then built back up to hit the pinnacle again. If they wait for multiple years and either other major wins or no other major wins, it doesn't have the same timing in my opinion.

You could be right. I am by far no expert on these things or how to capitalize on them. But didn't Jordan go through something very similar? At the height of his power. Dad dies, leaves to play baseball then comes back to dominate again? Tiger is a name that is going to be mentioned forever.

I love the quote from the Sandlot. "heroes come and go kid, legends never die". Tiger will be a legend. You can do a documentary on him in a long time and it will be watched. Especially since he will become the measuring stick for every golfer from not till whoever the next Tiger is.

"why"? because of money....easiest answer
Ding ding ding. (y)
Best part is for these media companies is that all the footage is pretty well shot already. Interviews are cheap to produce.
Just depends who owns the I.P. for all this stuff.

did you miss the doc they just did on lance armstrong? they made him look like the biggest DB of all time and he was involved in it. :ROFLMAO:

You could be right. I am by far no expert on these things or how to capitalize on them. But didn't Jordan go through something very similar? At the height of his power. Dad dies, leaves to play baseball then comes back to dominate again? Tiger is a name that is going to be mentioned forever.

I love the quote from the Sandlot. "heroes come and go kid, legends never die". Tiger will be a legend. You can do a documentary on him in a long time and it will be watched. Especially since he will become the measuring stick for every golfer from not till whoever the next Tiger is.

Going away to play baseball and coming back (which was documented) is nothing like what happened to Tiger though. Between the hookers and the drugged out on the side of the road to coming back and winning the masters is a very different story to tell.

Back