Review Tour Edge EXS 220 Fairway Wood Review

Haha I just watched that video... awesome and seems like those guys at TXG are loving the Tour Edge quality on items!

Need to find one to test.
It’s...it’s like we know what we are talking about in reviews around here. :unsure:

It’s...it’s like we know what we are talking about in reviews around here. :unsure:

I mean I am all in on Driver - putter... a lot of positive interaction.

220 advances in the TXG fairway bracket over the 410 LST

More interesting, they saw what I reported in my review time with it, the spin from tee and deck stayed similar, and off the tee it does spin a bit more than several out there, but it’s dead consistent in it while also cranking out as much ballspeed as anything out there.

Did you find it to be leaning toward a draw bias the way Matt did in the video?

Anyone try the PRO fw yet? It is gorgeous to look at.

Did you find it to be leaning toward a draw bias the way Matt did in the video?
It’s definitely one of the more upright fairways I’ve hit this year, and that’s going to play a role there. For me, I definitely don’t fear the right side when I hit it.

the exs 220 3W is smoke...i am smitten. @Jman

How does the smoke yellow compare to Ventus ?

Flight / Spin

which one for 100ish (98-102) driver ss?

I have yellow smoke in driver - should I follow suit or ventus for higher launch?

220 advances in the TXG fairway bracket over the 410 LST 👀

More interesting, they saw what I reported in my review time with it, the spin from tee and deck stayed similar, and off the tee it does spin a bit more than several out there, but it’s dead consistent in it while also cranking out as much ballspeed as anything out there.

I felt like the analysis of the numbers was kind of suggesting that higher spin off the tee was a problem. But I'm in your camp: consistency is key. Having the club go virtually the same distance off the deck and the tee takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation, which is huge. Personally, I thought the 410 LST gave Matt a more consistent shape to his shots and he could go hard without fearing the hook. But the numbers didn't lie, and the 220 advanced!

I
I felt like the analysis of the numbers was kind of suggesting that higher spin off the tee was a problem. But I'm in your camp: consistency is key. Having the club go virtually the same distance off the deck and the tee takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation, which is huge. Personally, I thought the 410 LST gave Matt a more consistent shape to his shots and he could go hard without fearing the hook. But the numbers didn't lie, and the 220 advanced!
I don’t think they conveyed that at all, rather they emphasized the reality that it’s all about what the player wants and needs there. For him, it may not be the most ideal trait for what he likes to play on the course.

Flight / Spin

I have yellow smoke in driver - should I follow suit or ventus for higher launch?
To my knowledge the yellow smoke is low launch low spin. The Ventus blue especially the made for version is probably more mid/ mid to mid high

Flight / Spin

I have a Smoke Yellow and Ventus Blue that I swap between in my driver. The yellow is lower launch than the blue. At this point the yellow is my gamer and the Ventus is in my basement because I need as low a launch as possible.

I have a Smoke Yellow and Ventus Blue that I swap between in my driver. The yellow is lower launch than the blue. At this point the yellow is my gamer and the Ventus is in my basement because I need as low a launch as possible.
Well there goes that THP market purchase... Damn.

To my knowledge the yellow smoke is low launch low spin. The Ventus blue especially the made for version is probably more mid/ mid to mid high

At 90 mph driver speed, I did not get mid high, but I am a sweeper. Still sending it in with other clubs to change shafts. I need a low kick shaft and even the mid launch, mid spin, made for Ventus was no bueno for me. I must be getting slower, but I really struggled with this shaft. It's hasta la vista ...

Flight / Spin

wish i knew...we're about the same ss with the driver...i'll say this about the smoke yellow in the 3W...it is the exact launch/flight that i look for off the tee...

Last edited:
wish i knew...we're about the same ss with the driver...i'll say this about the smoke yellow in the 3W...it is the exact launch/flight that i look for off the tee...
solid reccomendation

Flight / Spin

Thought occurred to me. If ordering from TEE they have a 30 day playability. Buy it with 1 shaft. If it doesn’t work out send it back for the other shaft.

Thought occurred to me. If ordering from TEE they have a 30 day playability. Buy it with 1 shaft. If it doesn’t work out send it back for the other shaft.

Saw a deal on the market place otherwise I'd order and take care of it.

Gotcha. Gook luck with it
Luck would come in the form of a nice TEE box for The TEEm... My gamer yields good results could be better...

i love this 3W.

Price Update for a Great Fairway Head - EXS 220.

I saw the retail price was reduced to $199 over the weekend, and I found the club for $169 online. Yes, they are certainly coming out with something new in January or so. But $169....

I know that TM, Callaway and Cobra swamp most of you. And if you know me, I will spend too much money on golf clubs. I played the EX10 Beta in the 16.5 in the same shaft (and I mean the same shaft), and the launch off the turf is comparable, meaning ball gets up there, but the 220 is getting more distance.

If you read this thread, the TXG YouTube review, and pluggedingolf.com review, these fairways and hybrids are speed monsters. In high speed players, they can put too much spin, which is why they lost the final in the battle of the fairway contest in the TXG video against the SIM Ti - same/similar ball speed as SIM Ti Fwy but too much spin for Matty.

I do not get along with their stock shafts, so I pull the shafts from my old heads and install them in the EXS 220.

My driver SS is only low 90's at best at the moment, but in a cold wind (cross) and 55F, I got 240 yds off the tee with the 16.5 3 wood (with GD AD F 55 Shaft), which is what I usually get from Driver on this particular hole. The shallow face makes it easy to launch off the ground with the right shaft.

I have the 16.5, 5 wd (in process of re-shaft), and just ordered the 7 wd, just in case I want to use it instead of a hybrid or the 19 on certain courses. Everyone is different but with the right shaft, these are excellent, or I would not be playing them. I should say that I have a TM SIM Ti 15 with the same shaft as my 220, and the EXS 220 is so far, an easier club to play for me (I need more time with SIM Ti). The EXS 220 is another great choice in fwys...

Last edited:
Back