Swing stretch trainer " The most important stretch in Golf"

jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I need some more distance and the Super Speed program worked for me but my back just could not hold up to it. So it is going to be sold.

So I am going down another rabbit hole and trying this Stretching Program. It looks pretty simple and seems to make a lot of sense, just improving the range of motion and some exercises using the trainer. It is aimed at Senior Golfers so I am the target for this Program, watching the intro video it looks like something I can do everyday and not over stress the back.

I will post up my progress and will use the Super Speed radar I have to get a before and during Club speed to see if if actually helps me.

not bad trainer, but in my opinion over priced. I do the same by slipping a 4 inch piece of 1 1/2 inch PVC over the grip, hold in my right hand and swing to the top letting my hand slide up to the head. No resistance, but you do extend your range of motion. I suppose you could affix a length of bungie to provide resistance, but I don't bother,

@jim54, have you looked into the Orange Whip? I'm a senior player-to-be and find it excellent for warm-up stretches. Plus it has the added benefit of helping improve your swing, balance, etc.

I do this set reach day before practicing with a club:

(There are other stretches I do, in addition to working with the OW, that I've been doing for years, that stretch everything from calves, through hams, glutes, lats, upper and lower back, and shoulders, to neck.)

I have played around with the orange whip and it did seem to be a good warm up tool. I like the look of this one as it is supposed to lengthen the backswing which I need and I can do it with my everyday back stretches which I have been doing for several months to help with the hip pain which it has but oddly enough it seems to have made the back more sensitive. Just like any other swing aid my biggest problem is actually doing it for more than a few weeks and then getting bored or lazy and just not doing it.

For me the Super Speed training definitely added some length to my driver game but with my dodgey back I could not do it enough to maintain the spped gains.

Looking at the videos it makes some sense and may even help the over the top move that I tend to fall into at times, I generally do not fall for the hyped aids but had a moment of weakness and ordered it. Worst comes to worst I wasted another $84 but it does not look like it will hurt me from just doing it everyday. I should have it in 2-3 days and will get right on it and hope I can make some initial gains to show off at the Best ball tourament we are going to on the 25th.

Well, I need some more distance and the Super Speed program worked for me but my back just could not hold up to it. So it is going to be sold.

So I am going down another rabbit hole and trying this Stretching Program. It looks pretty simple and seems to make a lot of sense, just improving the range of motion and some exercises using the trainer. It is aimed at Senior Golfers so I am the target for this Program, watching the intro video it looks like something I can do everyday and not over stress the back.

I will post up my progress and will use the Super Speed radar I have to get a before and during Club speed to see if if actually helps me.
It works pretty darn well as a stretching aid and I recommend easing into it so you don’t hurt anything! We have had two articles on it:

I look forward to your progress!

I am really curious to see if this helps my old man back turn a bit more, a very short backswing is one of my swing flaws. I do find my swing can be too flat so that is a concern from @Moltens review. It is my plan to start slow and just do it every morning after I stretch, since I can do it in the house that is an added benefit.

But I imagine the wife will run me outside when I start doing the swing exercises. A question for those that have used it, did you start with the just stretching or do the full progression of stretch, swing, exercise right out of the box? I am in pretty good shape (except for the back) so not getting added pain is very important.

I have the MISIG and I’m still not certain if I even use the thing correctly.

it was my understanding that the right arm by sliding it up would cause a deeper turn in the front arm. But I don’t really get that sensation at all. Seemed to me all it did was promote the trail arm from coming unconnected. It does, if you use the one drill to make the follow through drill, seem to promote an in to out swing path

I have this trainer - guess I'm still fliexible enough ... that I have no problem stretching.

ordered on the 12th, shipped on the 13th and still no show...darn usps, i had hoped to use it for a week before the mini gathering this weekend.

ordered on the 12th, shipped on the 13th and still no show...darn usps, i had hoped to use it for a week before the mini gathering this weekend.

Take a Theragun or other massager, grab a pole or bar, stretch out your arm, and apply massager to your upper arm-shoulder connection and area - rotate arm

That will loosen it up

I used the MISIG for a couple of months earlier this year. Thought it was fine but didn't feel like it did much for me. Range of motion is not an issue with me at this point. Ended up selling it to an older friend of mine that it has helped.

it was a goof purchase, figured what the heck. Maybe it will help the sore back with a different stretch

Well after waiting almost a month for the original order (which USPS lost) and then they sent another by UPS on Tuesday both arrived yesterday, go figure.. I am very beat up from the fall I took this week but after my normal stretching routine this morning I gave it a go and did about 30 reps in the basic stretch, reps and the full swing. it was not very difficult with the starter band but afterwards I did feel it in my upper back / lats and I could feel the inside to out move with the swing.

It is very easy and did not seem to stress my lower back at all which is very good, going to do it everyday and work up to the harder bands and see what happens. I can see if you can commit to the full backswing (which I tend to not do) this will help getting me in the full turn position and should help me come more inside to out.

I've been using the MSIG device/trainer daily since last September. All of my back issues (stiffness, pain and spasms) are gone and I'm a club longer. The back issues were resolved within a month and the distance gain was gradual over a couple of months. I'm 70 years old, with a driver swing speed at 100.

Excellent results and glad to hear its working, at 61 I am hoping for a bit more speed but more important would be a better back.

Kind of reminds me of some things I'd do at the gym with a weighted exercise bar like they used for aerobics classes. Being a baseball player, I was always used to warming up with a heavy bat and then the "real" bat felt light as a feather when you'd go to bat. I did the same concept with the weighted bar and it worked pretty darn well.

They used to sell a weighted "ring" you could slide on your club. Kinda reminds me of the weighted end on this particular bar.

Kind of reminds me of some things I'd do at the gym with a weighted exercise bar like they used for aerobics classes. Being a baseball player, I was always used to warming up with a heavy bat and then the "real" bat felt light as a feather when you'd go to bat. I did the same concept with the weighted bar and it worked pretty darn well.

They used to sell a weighted "ring" you could slide on your club. Kinda reminds me of the weighted end on this particular bar.

It's not like a weighted club -- it's a stretch with a sliding tube. Have one but apparently, I'm already stretchy in that area.

It's not like a weighted club -- it's a stretch with a sliding tube. Have one but apparently, I'm already stretchy in that area.
Oh I saw a weight on the one end. But I didn't think it was simply a weighted club.
I'm being "that guy" and offering everyday solutions that cost zero. ;):LOL:

Oh I saw a weight on the one end. But I didn't think it was simply a weighted club.

Take a Theragun or other gun massager to your shoulders (really, between your pit and shoulder) for a minute or so and stretch each shoulder against a bar (i use a pullup bar) as you are doing it. Will loosen shoulders

Take a Theragun or other gun massager to your shoulders (really, between your pit and shoulder) for a minute or so and stretch each shoulder against a bar (i use a pullup bar) as you are doing it. Will loosen shoulders
I was looking at those Theraguns yesterday. I only wish I had a nice young lady to hold it for me. :ROFLMAO:
Gotta get back down on the floor and do some of my PT today. Shoulders are a mess right now. (n)
I do a lot of doorway stretches, or just use a club/shaft, and basic stretches for hamstrings, etc.
I'm kinda excited, as my PT made my hands and wrists more flexible than they were even in my youth. I've always been kinda stiff from auto immune stuff all my life.

I was looking at those Theraguns yesterday. I only wish I had a nice young lady to hold it for me. :ROFLMAO:
Gotta get back down on the floor and do some of my PT today. Shoulders are a mess right now. (n)
I do a lot of doorway stretches, or just use a club/shaft, and basic stretches for hamstrings, etc.
I'm kinda excited, as my PT made my hands and wrists more flexible than they were even in my youth. I've always been kinda stiff from auto immune stuff all my life.

You and Bob Kraft.

yep, I am "that" guy. A few attempts would include:
"Hacker Whacker" (sliding birdie ball with foam insert that clicks against a glued on golf ball at the bottom as impact indicator)

Speed Stick (old driver shaft with adjustable hosel tip holding fender washers), use as speed stick and stretcher similar to MISIG w/o the bands)

360 - 2 way adjustable plane station made from pvc fittings and pool noodles

Foam tower placed several yards from tee box that you chip through the wickets (Shaped as letter "H")

Coat hanger "L" placed on mat to swing :under" for shallowing out swing.

Crown Royal bag used as "smart ball - suspended from neck.
Some good - some goofy.

I have driveway stakes? :unsure: :ROFLMAO: I get to use them in the winter too!! (n)

I have driveway stakes? :unsure: :ROFLMAO: I get to use them in the winter too!! (n)
oh yes....very versatile not only as alignment rods but as draw/fade indicators stuck in ground in diamond pattern.

Back