PODCAST Bob Winskowicz of SQAIRZ Golf: Golf Unfiltered Episode 261

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Can a pair of golf shoes actually improve your golf swing? Bob Winskowicz of SQAIRZ Golf joins the show to tell us how. Bob and Adam go deep into the design of these unique golf shoes, including the benefits of a sqaure-toed design, and how a World Golf hall-of-famer wanted to represent the brand after trying the shoes. Bob also discusses the additional benefits of the shoes, including their unique cleat pattern, innovative lacing system, and attention paid to the comfort of each shoe.

Continue reading...

Really enjoyed this one as Bob appears to be a really good guy that gets excited and genuinely believes in his product.

Pretty easy listen here. I'm not sure I agree with Bob saying that your shoes are more important than the ball or the idea that shoes are adding mph to your swing. The story about Sir Nick is kind of cool though

Pretty easy listen here. I'm not sure I agree with Bob saying that your shoes are more important than the ball or the idea that shoes are adding mph to your swing. The story about Sir Nick is kind of cool though

I'm not sure I agree about the ball either, but I do believe in the mph to your swing. Obviously player dependent but adding stability could in fact do that for people.

I'm not sure I agree about the ball either, but I do believe in the mph to your swing. Obviously player dependent but adding stability could in fact do that for people.
You've worn these and I know you liked them did you test that at all?

You've worn these and I know you liked them did you test that at all?

Not enough to have meaningful data one way or the other.
They have 3 really good things going for them.
1. Probably the most stable golf shoes I have ever worn.
2. The toe bed is the best I have ever worn.
3. The laces (I know, weird right?) are the best I have ever used.
Bonus: The lining up of putts definitely works.

The not so good.
The looks are not ugly when wearing them, but they are a bit unconventional.
They are heavy. Not noticed when playing to me, but definitely are, when you try them on.

Not enough to have meaningful data one way or the other.
They have 3 really good things going for them.
1. Probably the most stable golf shoes I have ever worn.
2. The toe bed is the best I have ever worn.
3. The laces (I know, weird right?) are the best I have ever used.
Bonus: The lining up of putts definitely works.

The not so good.
The looks are not ugly when wearing them, but they are a bit unconventional.
They are heavy. Not noticed when playing to me, but definitely are, when you try them on.

The laces? Interesting. I'm so glad you pointed out the looks. Its a hard sell in my opinion based on price and looks alone whether or not it could increase my speed. The alignment thing is a bit intriguing though

The laces? Interesting. I'm so glad you pointed out the looks. Its a hard sell in my opinion based on price and looks alone whether or not it could increase my speed. The alignment thing is a bit intriguing though

795102C8-D2AD-4E68-9EE9-CA13BD4C88E5.jpeg

Played 18 wearing a pair yesterday. I agree with @JB on the pros and cons. I'll reiterate the "hefty" feel to the shoes, as they are on the heavier side. They certainly help with ailgnment, however, and you can easily tell how misaligned you are on putts.

The laces are really cool. Never came untied during the round. I might not wear these shoes every time, but they definitely do what they were designed to help with.

Played 18 wearing a pair yesterday. I agree with @JB on the pros and cons. I'll reiterate the "hefty" feel to the shoes, as they are on the heavier side. They certainly help with ailgnment, however, and you can easily tell how misaligned you are on putts.

The laces are really cool. Never came untied during the round. I might not wear these shoes every time, but they definitely do what they were designed to help with.
Do you normally have a problem with shoes coming untied?

Do you normally have a problem with shoes coming untied?
I don't know if it's a problem, but there are definitely some shoes that are worse than others. I blame my parents.

These shoes are great. There's no two ways about it.

Back