Morikawa and Hovland. Morikawa is just a natural talent. Hovland is right on the cusp of win.

I think it's tough to argue two wins and an almost perfect cut-made rate at this point.

That said, I'm pretty fond of what Champ and Wolff have done out there, even if Cam Champ has been a bit unremarkable of late.

Not to beat a drum here but........

Sungjae

2019: 35 events, 26 made cuts, 16 top 25s, 7 top 10s
2020: 19 events, 17 made cuts, 9 top 25s, 6 top 10s, and a Win.

I’m a big fan of Wollf’s game, Morikowa’s consistency, and Hoviland’s demeanor. I think of the three, Wolff ends with the best career. I think the PGA Tour has some great young guys to promote over the next decade.

I am surprised so many have Hovland over Wolff actually.
I agree on Sungjae and I think Niemann is overlooked due to his play since restart as well.
I think for me it's the concistency. Hovland had like 20 rounds in a row in the 60's. With Wolfe it feels like he has a more unique swing that could lead to bad slumps if things aren't working right. Either way they are all great players along with the other guys listed. It should be fun to watch them grow the next few years.

I think for me it's the concistency. Hovland had like 20 rounds in a row in the 60's. With Wolfe it feels like he has a more unique swing that could lead to bad slumps if things aren't working right. Either way they are all great players along with the other guys listed. It should be fun to watch them grow the next few years.

You might be right about that. More MCs for sure with Wolff so far. I minimize Hovland's victory, probably too much.

I would say that before the whole COVID it might be Im then Hovland. Im was red hot at Honda, Arnold Palmer and even first round of Players... COVID literally caused a couple backwards steps. Otherwise it wouldnt be close... Now it seems Morikawa is playing well. His stats and finishes w/ 2 wins are nice. Hovland gets his second coming up (won at Puerto Rico). Im wins again too.

Colin Morikawa and Hovland seem to constantly find themselves atop leader boards. It's pretty impressive what they've been able to do early on in their careers.

I think it's great for golf that we are having this debate involving this many talented, young (under 25 golfers). They are winning tournaments and are contending weekly.

Every couple of years a new group of top young talent joins the ranks of the PGA Tour. Currently the stable of young players seems ready to take on all comers as they rack up victories and move up the FedEx Cup and World Golf Rankings.

If we set an age requirement at 25 years or younger, players like Bryson DeChambeau and Justin Thomas fall outside of this arbitrary list, but some big names are still out there.

Sunjae Im, Colin Morikawa, Viktor Hovland, Matthew Wolff, Joaquin Niemann, Sam Burns and Cameron Champ. Some others to watch: Norman Xiong, Aaron Wise, Scottie Scheffler, Robbie Shelton, Maverick McNealy and Min Woo Lee.

Who is your best under 25?

Untitled-1-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Under 25 is Morikawa and it's not really debatable. He moved to #13 in the OWGR after yesterday's win.

If we're looking at 25 and under, then Rahm would be the top at #2.

Same here. He made his first 22 cuts and it was just a matter of time before a win dropped in his lap. My guess is that he will win a major within the next 2 years.
You mean like the win that "dropped in his lap" last July?

You might be right about that. More MCs for sure with Wolff so far. I minimize Hovland's victory, probably too much.
Yeah it wasn't the same caliber of win as the others that's for sure. I just like that consistency and that I've seen him up there on the leaderboard a lot, just like Morikawa. I remember last summer when they were all coming out that I told some of the guys I played with that I thought they would both be really good.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Had the replay of the tournament going and in the post round y’all they mention that Morikawa now has more wins than missed cuts. That’s crazy!

Morikawa. He would have been my answer even before the win yesterday.
Yup, same here. Such a great looking swing, especially with irons.

So far I think it’s gotta be Morikawa. Does anyone else have 2 tour wins?

I'd put Morikawa at the top, Hovland and Sungjae battling right behind him, with Wolff breathing down their necks. Actually I'd probably give Hovland the nod for second because he seems to be more consistent. It seems like Sungjae has hot streaks, but then almost completely disappears in between them.

25 and younger? If including age 25 that would include Rahm. I would say Rahm and Morikawa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back