No Fans The Remainder of 2019/2020 Season

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m sure this doesn’t come as a surprise, but the PGA Tour has announced no fans the remainder of the season.

Not surprising and I don't really care as long as we have our golf to watch. What really surprises me for some reason is that there is only 8 events left :oops:

Wait...so The Masters in November will be on next years schedule?

Makes sense and for the most part I like seeing the courses, watching the game without fans. We don't have to listen to the obnoxious Yells as they tee off and I think I like it better. The exception is that the cheers during the playoff yesterday would have been amazing to hear.

Is it actually a PGA Tour event? The PGA and the US Open aren't listed either.

Definitely was expected...at least we still have golf!

Oh Boy. I'm a volunteer at this year's US Open. Hoping they still let me in.

Is it actually a PGA Tour event? The PGA and the US Open aren't listed either.
The US Open is a USGA event but I always assumed The Masters was a PGA event but maybe not. I'm not sure.

Yeah, not surprising. Hope this gets sorted before 2021 US Open. I might decide to make the trip to Torrey.

That's not a PGA Tour event. None of the majors or the Ryder Cup are PGA Tour events in fact.

The US Open is a USGA event but I always assumed The Masters was a PGA event but maybe not. I'm not sure.

The Masters is a Tour event in the way that the regular stops are. It's not run nor operated by the PGA but it counts.

as long as the play.......im fine with this. Although I wonder what that measnf or the majors and more notably the Masters

US Open and Masters are not PGA events so its up to the organisers if they are going to allow fans or not.

Its the correct decision, lets make sure that Covid 19 is gone or that there is a vaccine for it before we start mass gatherings again

has to be brutal on the surrounding businesses and sponsors. i get it but it really sucks for local hospitality and other periphery businesses that probably make a not-inconsequential amount each year when the tour rolls in.

I had tickets to the WGC-FedEx at the end of the month. I bought them back in November on a promotion of buy 2 tickets, get a round of golf at Southwind free (and up to 3 companions at regular guest rate). I had put the round off earlier this year because I was playing poorly and expected to play when I was hitting it better. When It was announced last week that there would no fans allowed at the tournament, I was bummed. I also expected to be SOL on the round of golf.

I called the tournament office this morning to ask about it. Much to my surprise, the round of golf will be honored while the tickets will be refunded. I can schedule it for after August 1. Needless to say, that was completely unexpected.

Anyone interested?

Not surprising, but at least we get to watch it on TV. As sad as it sounds, I feel lucky we get that much.

I called the tournament office this morning to ask about it. Much to my surprise, the round of golf will be honored while the tickets will be refunded. I can schedule it for after August 1. Needless to say, that was completely unexpected.

That is great news Parrot.

Makes sense and for the most part I like seeing the courses, watching the game without fans. We don't have to listen to the obnoxious Yells as they tee off and I think I like it better. The exception is that the cheers during the playoff yesterday would have been amazing to hear.
Agreed. It'll be interesting to see Tiger play this week with no fans when he draws the biggest crowds and won't have any knuckleheads screaming after every shot

Just happy to be watching golf. Yes there is a lot of the local businesses losing money and that sucks for them for sure.

Not surprising, but at least we get to watch it on TV. As sad as it sounds, I feel lucky we get that much.

Yes, I am very happy that they are playing golf every week.

Sad but not surprised. Feel sorry for the local businesses that are affected by lack of spectators. But as far as TV coverage I don’t really notice a difference. At least they are still playing.

Not surprising and I don't really care as long as we have our golf to watch. What really surprises me for some reason is that there is only 8 events left :oops:
Agreed

Oh Boy. I'm a volunteer at this year's US Open. Hoping they still let me in.
I have been a Marshall at the Colonial for years.....they used 126 most senior Marshalls for one shift during the Tourney, a few on the range and the pros drove their own carts....everyone else stayed home

Back