No Fans The Remainder of 2019/2020 Season

Makes it easier than having fans then canceling on the fans and scrambling for refunds. Especially given possible secondary market that is out there.

I like many others have enjoyed the courses without the "stadium" setups and no grandstands, however great shots and intense competition would be heightened with the cheers/roars of the fans. :unsure:

Not surprised and am glad they are doing it.

thanks @donny475 . thats my fear. I'm a first time volunteer, and part of my assignment was in the sales tent. With no people, no need for a sales tent. My only hope is for more senior volunteers to cancel either because the new dates don't work, or they still are afraid to be in public with strangers. Been looking forward to doing this for more than a year now.

thanks @donny475 . thats my fear. I'm a first time volunteer, and part of my assignment was in the sales tent. With no people, no need for a sales tent. My only hope is for more senior volunteers to cancel either because the new dates don't work, or they still are afraid to be in public with strangers. Been looking forward to doing this for more than a year now.

I hope its better now than the first week back, but we got an email asking if we wanted to still commit and they would let us know. Hospitality, Sales, Military liaisons, Honorary Observers and more would not be used....

I kind of love the idea that I can watch golf on TV and not hear the fans. It is different, but I think I like it? That said, I miss attending an event here and there.

I kind of love the idea that I can watch golf on TV and not hear the fans. It is different, but I think I like it? That said, I miss attending an event here and there.
I wonder if they’ve put any thought into adding fan noise to the broadcast similar to what Premier League soccer is doing.

Wait...so The Masters in November will be on next years schedule?

Yes b/c it's after the Tour Championship so it's technically next season and it's 2020 and nothing makes sense.

I like it. Its the responsible decision and golf is better without patrons anyways.

I hate it, but it's the right thing to do, not sure I'll be watching though, golf like other sports is boring without fans.

I was starting to wonder if this was inevitable so I guess it's not surprising. I wonder what the profit margin (assuming there is one) is generated by average event crowds.

2020....the year when the hits keep coming!

I like it, their foul balls go further foul and they have to play them instead of getting stopped by fans and bleachers

How many times have we seen players use the grandstands as an aid. now the ball just rolls down the hill. lol. its requiring more skill. Also the rough isn't trampled on, so its still rough.

i'm good with no fans. It makes the golf more enjoyable and you don't have to listen to the idiots yelling after tee shots. I just wonder how sustainable it is movig forward with that part of the revenue stream gone for these tournaments to continue in smaller markets.

Absolutely the right thing to do. Not enough people are taking this virus seriously enough. Happy to be able to watch golf on TV.

Solid plan. Only time I have felt fans would have been a value add was the playoff this weekend.

That place would have erupted after JT made the putt on the 1st playoff hole.

Its more practice than competition, they should just cancel the majors until 2021, it's not a big event without fans, the winner gets an asterisk IMO.

Smart move from my perspective. I am pretty sure the Masters, PGA and US Open are not run by the tour even though they count as Tour events so they likely can go by their own rules.

I hope they all stick to no fans. I enjoy having golf to watch and don't want to lose that.

It's all about safety, so it makes sense.

But I like having big crowds at events. Imagine how huge the crowd would be for this week. It's a nice changeup for the moment, for obvious reasons.

I don't miss the idiots screaming after tee shots.

I do miss the roars from other parts of the course.

I hate it, but it's the right thing to do, not sure I'll be watching though, golf like other sports is boring without fans.

Aren't you a fan? If you are, and you're watching, that is golf with a fan! Realize your own excitement!

I am not surprised and actually prefer watching it on TV with no fans. I do feel for the ancillary businesses that very well may look to the tournament for their big income for the year, and without it they might never get out of the red for a normal year.

I’m currently watching a European Tour event. The sponsors have peppered the course with billboards where the fans would have been, right where they are picked up well by the cameras. I don’t like that part of the missing fans but they have to make up for lost ticket sales somehow.

Back