2020 Better You Fitness Thread

Got 3 miles in today. Took off just around noon at nearly the hottest point in the day. Ran pretty well and I'm sure I burnt some calories in the heat.

Then I walked 18 holes which was likely good for another 5 miles or so.

I've locked back into my diet and got a good workout tonight. Plus, I'm surprising my daughter on her birthday this weekend as I registered us for a 5k
That's awesome! Hope you have a great time!

Got 3 miles in today. Took off just around noon at nearly the hottest point in the day. Ran pretty well and I'm sure I burnt some calories in the heat.

Then I walked 18 holes which was likely good for another 5 miles or so.
Feels good to know you put in the hard work during the hottest part of the day. Never easy, but it always felt rewarding afterwards!

Fell off the wagon the past few months...trying to get back into the swing of things.

I started physical therapy in February with a goal to play again after having a stroke in 2015 and also suffering two severe physical injuries working in the home/yard in 2014 and 2015. I also dedicated myself to walking every day. I was down to 159 lbs two years ago and almost dead from my Crohn's disease. I have managed to keep my type I diabetes in check with my insulin pump, despite 35 rounds of shingles from chemo gone awry in 2014.

Almost there. So very close. Two range sessions with clubs that were too stiff and heavy. Got the new shafts in them ready to go. Just gotta try the range at least once more and then, (huge gulp) my first round in 5 years. Oh man...:confused::)

Everything I have done to stay alive and never give up has all been for Family and golf. My whole life.
#all4golf #livefrigginstrong(y)

Fell off the wagon the past few months...trying to get back into the swing of things.
Welcome aboard. You have anything specific in mind?

I started physical therapy in February with a goal to play again after having a stroke in 2015 and also suffering two severe physical injuries working in the home/yard in 2014 and 2015. I also dedicated myself to walking every day. I was down to 159 lbs two years ago and almost dead from my Crohn's disease. I have managed to keep my type I diabetes in check with my insulin pump, despite 35 rounds of shingles from chemo gone awry in 2014.

Almost there. So very close. Two range sessions with clubs that were too stiff and heavy. Got the new shafts in them ready to go. Just gotta try the range at least once more and then, (huge gulp) my first round in 5 years. Oh man...:confused::)

Everything I have done to stay alive and never give up has all been for Family and golf. My whole life.
#all4golf #livefrigginstrong(y)
Man, seems like you've been through a lot to get to this point. You're nearing the home stretch of making it back to golf, so keep it up! Good for you, and I cant wait to hear how the next range session goes!

All right fellas back to it tomorrow! It’s been crazy busy around here! Crazy busy and a little lazy. Ok a lot lazy. I’m dealing with some knee and shoulder annoyances and it’s time to get off the bench and back in the game.

All right fellas back to it tomorrow! It’s been crazy busy around here! Crazy busy and a little lazy. Ok a lot lazy. I’m dealing with some knee and shoulder annoyances and it’s time to get off the bench and back in the game.
June wasnt my best month, but trying to turn it around too. Being busy got in the way too much. No more!

Just back from a 3k run, increased the pace today to see how it felt

Back to normal for the next one

Training is done. Did some deadlifts. Then did some safety bar squats, worked up to a kinda hard single, then took 20% off the bar and did 4x5

475x6; 505x4; 535x3; 340x1; 275x5x4

Good news it seems that I am getting better at power snatches with doing them regularly. Bad news is that I'm still as dynamic as a petrified tree stump. I also pressed and bench pressed.

P:165x7; 175x5; 185x4; 205x1
BP: 275x3x4
PS: 125x2x6

Last edited:
60 minute power yoga tonight kicked my butt. Feels good now, but man there were some rough patches!

Went out for another quick 3.5k run this morning, it was raining so was nice and cool. Doesn't help when your dog decides to keep stopping to sniff everything though :ROFLMAO:

Maybe my last run for a short while, I have a 3 day first aid course starting on Wednesday and then return to work on Monday after my furlough ends

I got in a 4 mile run yesterday. Walked a mile or so with MrsOG in the evening.

Went out for another quick 3.5k run this morning, it was raining so was nice and cool. Doesn't help when your dog decides to keep stopping to sniff everything though :ROFLMAO:

Maybe my last run for a short while, I have a 3 day first aid course starting on Wednesday and then return to work on Monday after my furlough ends
Nice work on continuing those runs! And congrats on going back to work. best of luck to you!

I got in a 4 mile run yesterday. Walked a mile or so with MrsOG in the evening.
Some nights there is nothing better than a nice walk. Great way to unwind.

I'm gonna walk about 5 miles tomorrow. I plan on starting around 0800. I'll probably stop and hit a little white ball every few yards. Sometimes I'll walk further between shots. Sometimes, unfortunately, I won't walk far at all. I'll likely walk for around 3.5-4 hours and hopefully finish up before the heat sets in completely.

Then, I'll run 3 miles tomorrow evening.

Had a brisk walk tonight. There's an approaching front and the wind was up and very refreshing. About 2.5 miles. I try to do this at minimum every day if I can.
I need to re-dedicate a little on some PT moves. 4 months of doing it on my own at home got a little old. Have reached my goals for this year, save for one, and that is an actual round out on a course again for the 1st time in 5 years. Excitement is killing me. I think this is the week. :devilish:

We bought an Echelon bike. With the heat index being in the 90s by 7 am, this will be my alternative to walking 3 or 4 miles a day. This morning was the first ride. I did a beginner level 30 minute ride which was more of a workout than I expected. My cycling legs have a ways to go.

You can't do 2 in a row until you've done 1, so I'm off to the races.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm at the gym, reading the THP forum pumps me up and makes me want to work. All the people here working to get better, at the range, on the course, at home, and in the gym just fires me up! I love it.

I haven't updated in here in awhile, but my goal this year was to drop from over 230lbs down to 210 or less. I am now hovering between 204 to 210. Now I am working to rebuild some of the strength I dropped during the lockdowns. Over all I feel great. This is my lightest weight since high school.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm at the gym, reading the THP forum pumps me up and makes me want to work. All the people here working to get better, at the range, on the course, at home, and in the gym just fires me up! I love it.
Nice, that's a good way to look at it, and good motivation. I know this thread keeps me going, and wanting to play better golf also plays a role.

Back