Shot Scope V3 is Here!

Well, played my 4th or so round with the new V3 and today was very nice. I seem to have found the secret in getting all my shots recorded. It was missing 10 or more shots before, mostly short chip shots but today it was almost perfect. I make sure that I touch the tag to the watch band before taking a practice swing and today worked great. Might not have to do that in the future as I train myself to insure practice swings are taken.

I use the manual mode for putter so no feedback on that aspect. I could never get the V2 auto mode to record putts properly (probably my issue but that doesn't really matter - it still has to meet my needs) but the manual mode works great for me.

I did have an issue to warn everyone about. One of the screws that holds on the watch band came out. I have contacted Shot Scope but have not received an answer as yet. I have temporarily repaired it by using a screw from a spare set of eyeglasses and it worked fine today. The issue is that the screws are a Torx head (don't know size but guess is T2 or T3). The screw I used was a phillips head and I have a driver for that. I don't have a Torx small enough to see if the other 3 screws are tight - but they did not come out today. I need Shot Scope to let me know the screw size and driver size needed. I have gone to two jewelry repair shops and neither of them had Torx heads or screws which really surprised me but in these times it is not easy to run several places to hunt for things. Anyway - be careful to make sure the screws are tight. Wonder if they are going to provide screwdrivers and spare screws with the different color bands that they plan on selling?

Love the new watch and really love it now that it is recording all my shots.

Just to update my previous posting:

I did hear very quickly from ShotScope support - those guys are great even in these busy times. They are to send me a replacement watch - don't have any spare screws and did not confirm the screw size or driver type/size - I assume since these are considered custom designs?

The screws in the V3 are as they said "bespoke" and that means they are specially designed screws that can not be purchased outside of ShotScope. Although I did find a screw that seems to be working for me temporarily.

I don't have a Torx driver smaller than T4 but I still think that the heads are Torx style heads. ShotScope did confirm to me in email that a driver will be sent with the purchase of a watch strap from their website - but that the straps probably won't be available for purchase until Christmas time. If someone has a T2 or T3 Torx driver maybe they can see if it fits the V3 watch and let us all know? I will buy one but with Covid environment it may take me a few days.

Played another round with the V3 yesterday and it performed flawlessly - although I am still being very careful to ensure the pre shot routine is consistent. Love the watch.

Went to a course today that had 3 different nines and it kept locking on to the one next to the one we were playing. Is there a way to select the course instead of it just jumping on the one it thinks you are playing?

Are you talking about before teeing off? When I first turn mine on and select play, after syncing with the GPS satellites a very nearby course gets shown first. I use the button on the bottom right to scroll to the next course which is the one I'm playing. Then you hit the upper right button with the Check Mark to confirm that is your choice.

Are you talking about before teeing off? When I first turn mine on and select play, after syncing with the GPS satellites a very nearby course gets shown first. I use the button on the bottom right to scroll to the next course which is the one I'm playing. Then you hit the upper right button with the Check Mark to confirm that is your choice.

Thanks, I'll give it a try next time out.

Is there a way to not have club averages included for a round? For instance when playing at Bandon and driver are either 370 or 170.

Is there a way to not have club averages included for a round? For instance when playing at Bandon and driver are either 370 or 170.
If you don't sign off on the round maybe they aren't included ? Other than that you could just mark any abnormal ones as positional

I am supposed to receive mine on Wednesday. I am really looking forward to comparing it to Arccos.

I am supposed to receive mine on Wednesday. I am really looking forward to comparing it to Arccos.

Let us know how it compares. I’ll be doing the same when mine arrives.

In the stats they present there is "average" which would include those drives, and there is "P-AVG" which is supposed to exclude outliers at either end. I wasn't sure that a drive could be marked as "positional" but I just checked and it can be done. Any "positional" shot is not included in any of the averages. That is actually good to know for me as I don't hit my 3W very well and the tee shot on 18 requires a driver for me but I have to literally "position" it short of a creek to give me a reasonable chance of getting home on that par 4.

Has anyone tried using it for just a regular watch? I am not really a watch guy, but was wondering if the battery life improves significantly when the GPS and shot capture functionality isn't active. I was thinking that since I never wear a watch, it wouldn't hurt to wear it during the day to just try and get a feel for it so it wasn't bothersome during a round of golf.
I’m not really a watch guy either. I didn’t get this model but I did get a golf watch and was quick to like it. I don’t notice any discomfort or anything like that and I do like being able to track my clubs used and info to go with it. I specially like being able to get distances to targets or hazards without using my range finder. I will still use the rangefinder but not as often.

Has anyone tried using it for just a regular watch? I am not really a watch guy, but was wondering if the battery life improves significantly when the GPS and shot capture functionality isn't active. I was thinking that since I never wear a watch, it wouldn't hurt to wear it during the day to just try and get a feel for it so it wasn't bothersome during a round of golf.
I haven't worn it as a regular watch but after 5 rounds with it I "mostly" don't find it bothersome. I say "mostly" because it is strange with the buckle on the opposite side of what I'm used to with a watch. The first round or two I was actually wearing it too low, too close to my hand and I would occasionally "catch" on the buckle. I was also seeing the watch advance to the next hole ore even two as the bottom right button must have pressed against my bent wrist during a shot. Since then I've worn it just a little higher on my arm and that seems to have taken care of the problem though I still wish the buckle was reversed.

I was also seeing the watch advance to the next hole ore even two as the bottom right button must have pressed against my bent wrist during a shot.

You can set the watch to lock the buttons if this continues to be a problem.

Oh course I set my personal best at one of my normal courses today and the watch died at hole 13. Doh.
I forgot my charge cord at work and played 18 Thursday and left it on since that round. I seriously need to order a 2nd and maybe even 3rd charge cord. So stupid it can’t hookup through a micro usb like the game golf receivers.

So stupid it can’t hookup through a micro usb like the game golf receivers.
As I understand it, NOT using a micro USB is part of what has enabled them to make the watch smaller. There are always trade-offs.

I actually did that then changed it back before I started the round. Moving the watch just the slightest bit up the arm got rid of the problem. I don't refer to it much as our carts have a large screen GPS on them. Most of the time I am just using it in the Pin Collect mode on the green and didn't want to have to bother with another button push if I could avoid it there.

Things seem to be getting worse for me. Played today, the back 9 hasn’t registered a shot! It was picking up yardages during the round and asking me to record putts, but when I synced the watch, after the 9th nothing. My patience is starting to run pretty thin with this thing. I’m close to returning it and sticking with the V2!!!
CC92CEA2-5DD3-481C-BA2C-4E84D0159C1C.jpeg

More rounds in, and the Performance Averages are starting to even out...

E84A4633-1B47-4163-BF8D-F0D2A115CD8A.jpeg
Next round will tag my King Utility 4 iron and begin the bag battle between that and the H85 4 Hybrid ...

Added to the “That was a Debacle” file, from today’s round... I give you the Par 5 12th Hole at Gaylord Springs.

5EA6985E-32C3-4175-AD64-457E13C00228.jpeg
This slice of egregious play, starts with the Drive that is blocked to the right of Barry Goldwater, and is compounded with a attempt to get cute with a brand new wedge after chunking a 5 iron. Good times that the Shot Scope app lets you relive.

First round with mine today and I had my worst round in months so not a good one to capture stats. It missed about 8 shots which I think were around the green . This did show me I hit my driver and 5 w farther than I thought. Irons are what I expected.

it did take about 5 minutes to start up and find the course but no issues after that. The battery was fully charged before the round and was around 30% at the end. I think I’ll need about 10 rounds to get the stats and distance averages about right.?

Added to the “That was a Debacle” file, from today’s round... I give you the Par 5 12th Hole at Gaylord Springs.

View attachment 8954226
This slice of egregious play, starts with the Drive that is blocked to the right of Barry Goldwater, and is compounded with a attempt to get cute with a brand new wedge after chunking a 5 iron. Good times that the Shot Scope app lets you relive.
TBH I think this the beauty of the system. It makes you go back, review your round and if you pay attention, you learn how a hole blows up. Not just in you mind but on “Paper” so you can avoid it in future rounds.

Here is a hidden value of the Shotscope system. Buddy of mine that has SS wanted to try my Apex 19 irons. So he created new clubs, put them in his “My Bag”, put the tags in at the course and played a round. Now he has a comparison between his old clubs and the Apex irons. Not guess how much better, statistics to show it. He was playing 15 year old Titleist irons that he had no business playing. He knew on the course that the Apex went further. SS said they went 10+ yards further.
His words:
“Well I hit the 7 iron 162
8 iron 148 best ever .
Old clubs 7 141
8 Iron 136

Big difference “

Last edited:
Well Canadians looks like no point in buying....
Only black in stock and won't ship until August 1. They then quote up to 6 weel shipping which means not getting it until right before golf season ends in most areas!
Plus while there is a money back guarantee it must ship back to England not USA. So shipping costs might be quite high.

Here is a hidden value of the Shotscope system. Buddy of mine that has SS wanted to try my Apex 19 irons. So he created new clubs, put them in his “My Bag”, put the tags in at the course
and played a round. Now he has a comparison between his old clubs and the Apex irons. Not guess how much better, statistics to show it. He was playing 15 year old Titleist irons that he had no business playing. He knew on the course that the Apex went further. SS said they went 10+ yards further.
His words:
“Well I hit the 7 iron 162
8 iron 148 best ever .
Old clubs 7 141
8 Iron 136

Big difference “

I agree, that’s pretty cool that he realized that. I also think or would hope even without it he’d be able to tell that big off a difference just by what he saw on the course.

Well Canadians looks like no point in buying....
Only black in stock and won't ship until August 1. They then quote up to 6 weel shipping which means not getting it until right before golf season ends in most areas!
Plus while there is a money back guarantee it must ship back to England not USA. So shipping costs might be quite high.

Mine has shipped already and enroute. I’m sure they wouldn’t expect us Canadians to ship it back to the UK. Must surely be somewhere on this side of the pond?

Mine has shipped already and enroute. I’m sure they wouldn’t expect us Canadians to ship it back to the UK. Must surely be somewhere on this side of the pond?

I emailed customer service. What I stated in my post was their response to my questions.

Back