Looking For Testers: Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is right up my street, am really looking for a consistent gamer ball going forwards.

Currently experimenting with the Vice Pro Plus, which I'm enjoying other than the durability. I'd be looking at the CS which I think would suit my game well.

I currently play srixon Q-star a. I like a softer golf ball and these seem to work well with my game. I would love to try the chrome soft and compare them.

ERC Soft

I would be most interested in the Chrome Soft X. I have played the Chrome Soft in the past and I liked it, but the spin control around the greens intrigue me because I am getting more confident playing different shot shapes into greens and different shot types around the green.

I currently play the Mixuno RB Tour X, as I am a big fan of its more penetrating ball flight, too soft of a ball I find I spin it too much where as this ball pretty much holds its landing spot on most greens.
I’d prefer the Chrome Soft X for the same reason, believer that distance makes your short game better

Currently play pro v1 x balls, and have recently tried the tp5x, although I’m not a huge fan.
I’d love to try the Chrome Soft X as it is likely I closer comparison to the balls I currently use. Also very excited to try the new alignment technology.

I currently play Taylormade burner golf balls and I prefer Callaway Chrome soft golf balls because the have a softer and more premium feel.

Currently I play taylormade TP5. I prefer chrome soft because any time I've played a chrome soft I have loved the feel of it and love the perfomance. I have also heard so many great things about the triple track alignment technology so I would really like to see how that works for myself.

Good luck to all. I'm looking forward to more thoughts on this one.

I currently play the Srixon Z Star.

I think the Chrome Soft would be the ball for me. I've played one a few times, and the feel off the irons is just right for me. Great feel, and great sound. I'd love to give 6 of them a full test!

At the Moment I play Taylormade RNZ soft, I love having the potential for more spin and control with my ball and that is why the chrome softs would be great to test out and see how they feel comparably to the RBZ and previous Callaway balls

I am currently playing the ERC soft Triple Trac. Been playing this ball all season so far. Also have the Chrome Soft in the bag as well. I have been doing a lot of searching the past couple of seasons for a ball that fits my game. Callaway balls definitely come out on top. The distance and feel off the tee really made the difference. Short game and greens were also greatly improved.

I started playing the chrome soft at first because I liked using a yellow ball and they are less expensive than the more expensive balls. In play, I would prefer the harder balls, as they are more consistent from off the greens.

Thanks to THP and Callaway for the opportunity

What ball do you currently play?
Currently play Titleist Pro V1x

Do you prefer Chrome Soft or Chrome Soft X and Why?
I would prefer the Chrome Soft as it has a higher forgiveness and a straighter ball flight, so may help with the wayward shots

Last edited:
I have been playing Srixon Q-Star Tour most recently.

I'm not 100% sure which, actually - I love softer feel, but I think I'd prefer the Chrome Soft X because I play courses with smaller, elevated greens that put a premium on spin to get up and down.

1 - Currently playing the Chromesoft (previous generation)

2 - Chromesoft - Despite having a slightly slower swing speed than recommended, I liked the previous Chromesoft X, but based on the feedback from #TheGrandaddy team and the review thread, I think the new Chromesoft sounds like it could be the better ball for me this time round, so that would be my choice

Currently playing new Bridgestone tour b x

would love to try the csx because I like a firmer feel and supposedly this year’s has made a significant change to be a little firmer, faster, andsound great.

I’m playing the Bridgestone Tour BX at the moment. In the past couple of years I’ve also played the Pro V1 and Chromesoft X regularly.

I prefer the Chromesoft X. It performs better off the tee for me, and is easier to flight down with my irons. I also prefer a slightly firmer ball.

Thanks for the opportunity.

I currently play Taulormade Tp5 and (last years) Callaway chrome soft . Both are great and provide me with good feel and feedback. I would prefer the chrome soft as opposed to the chrome soft x for the reason that it is more compressible and softer coming off the club face. After playing with a great variety of golf balls throughout the years, I would be able to provide good feedback.

What ball do you currently play? I am currently playing the Tour B RX
Do you prefer Chrome Soft or Chrome Soft X and Why? I prefer the Chrome Soft as it spends less for me and I find it easier to compress than the X.

Right now I currently play the 2018 CSXTT, so this would be a fun comparison between the two.

I prefer the CSX over the CS because ofthe lower launch and better greenside spin

I bounce around on golf balls lately but in my bag right now is the "nicklaus " blue golf ball. I would pick the chrome soft ball...not the soft x. I need the extra distance and less spin.

Well it may be time to put my current gamer to the test.

1. Bridgestone Tour B Rx
2. CSX - who doesn't want extra yardage off the tee, with maximum consistency throughout the remainder of the bag. Extra yardage means having scoring clubs in my hand with the second shot.

Good luck everyone!

Have fun with this one guys, since its the only ball I play, no entry for me.

I currently play Titleist Tru Soft
I would prefer Chromesoft X as I love playing Chromesoft and would like to see the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back