PODCAST TPT Golf Shafts: Golf Unfiltered Episode 260

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
Zak Kozuchowski and Jon Sinclair from TPT Golf Shafts join the show to discuss the incredible new Red Rage shaft series.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
We actually talk a little about the past news of TPT shafts failing, which Zak and Jon address head on.

Just finished.

I enjoyed the conversation and appreciated the candidness about breakage. I understand that when it happens to a tour pro its an easy fix, but it is hard to tell that to a golfer that has his shaft break, and must send it off, etc and wait for replacement. Golf seasons are limited in some areas and not everybody has backup golf shafts or extra drivers lying around.

Will for sure listen. TPT is an interesting brand, can't wait to hear more.

Just listened to this one. I find it amusing knowing how much @golfunfiltered wants equipment rolled back said hitting it 320 with that dispersion would make the game fun for him:LOL:

I didn't like that they keep saying that the hand rolled shafts have issues and creates a spine that is affected by rotating it in the head and it not performing the same. It makes some sense that they aren't the same every time but having rolled one myself and knowing the process that kind of bugged me. I get that they are promoting their way of doing it but just my take. Plus...my shaft hasn't broken yet haha

Just listened to this one. I find it amusing knowing how much @golfunfiltered wants equipment rolled back said hitting it 320 with that dispersion would make the game fun for him:LOL:

I didn't like that they keep saying that the hand rolled shafts have issues and creates a spine that is affected by rotating it in the head and it not performing the same. It makes some sense that they aren't the same every time but having rolled one myself and knowing the process that kind of bugged me. Plus...my shaft hasn't broken yet haha
The sense I got from them was a focus on "if human hands are involved, the risk of defect increases." They're not technically wrong. However, I also haven't had an issue swinging a club and having it break in my hands.

The sense I got from them was a focus on "if human hands are involved, the risk of defect increases." They're not technically wrong. However, I also haven't had an issue swinging a club and having it break in my hands.
Agreed technically they aren't wrong, computers will be more precise in most cases. Oddly most people prefer hand rolled stuff in most cases I think haha

I didn't like that they keep saying that the hand rolled shafts have issues and creates a spine that is affected by rotating it in the head and it not performing the same. It makes some sense that they aren't the same every time but having rolled one myself and knowing the process that kind of bugged me. I get that they are promoting their way of doing it but just my take. Plus...my shaft hasn't broken yet haha

true temper larry ain't making no mistakes.

Someone has to program the machines. 😂

Back