Shot Scope V3 is Here!

There is so much to like about the V3 and once some of the bugs are ironed out I think it’s going to be absolutely great. I’ve used all of the major shot tracking systems for a while and it’s the V3 or Arccos as the only two worth using, IMO. Each has its own value but the V3 pulled the Shot Scope system into a dead heat for the lead - huge improvement

Nice write up on the home page.

Nice write up @Molten , with only 1 round under my belt since receiving my V3, I am full of anticipation to see some data that will hopefully help me improve.

Ordered mine Thursday the 16th and recd it today.

Raining cats and dogs, so will have to try in another day79F6E30C-95F9-40C1-90CD-7DAECDE0970C.jpeg

plenty of time to update the firmware and make sure your course is mapped!
Already updated and request for mapping of the course nearest camp sent! ;)

Already updated and request for mapping of the course nearest camp sent! ;)
Wise one, here. I need to request an update to my home course but I’ve been delaying half out of laziness and half because it’s super minor and they have real courses to deal with.

Wise one, here. I need to request an update to my home course but I’ve been delaying half out of laziness and half because it’s super minor and they have real courses to deal with.
Same with me. They totally redid our 8th green last year and it changed the size and contour somewhat, but it is a relatively minor adjustment to move an approach on or off the green if it is that close. Like you said, they have enough to deal with right now.

plenty of time to update the firmware and make sure your course is mapped!

yep, I've updated firmware and the next 4 courses I'm playing are in there (y):cool:

Same with me. They totally redid our 8th green last year and it changed the size and contour somewhat, but it is a relatively minor adjustment to move an approach on or off the green if it is that close. Like you said, they have enough to deal with right now.
I also cannot stress enough how lazy I am after a round of golf when a nap is a possibility. And before the round, too excited to care about the error. It’s a vicious cycle

So, this arrived today.

30F48678-1677-450E-A446-997BE82BE336.jpeg

Just placed my order tonight! Upgrading from a TomTom Golfer to the V3. Cant wait to dig into the shot tracking!

Mine delivered today. Have not messed with it yet but tried the watch on and the size and look of the watch blow the last version away. Excited to get this on the course and get my exact distances on the Hogan’s 👍

I know that I am repeating what others have said, but the watch is not in the least bit cumbersome. It feels light on my wrist. I would hardly notice it if I were playing. I also recommend the gray wristband.

CB413D80-4F71-4697-BC03-F8F8B7A2ED6A.jpeg6241F268-E4EE-47A0-89DC-AA0ED8F0A1F9.jpeg492F0DBD-EDB5-4D8D-8D20-EC53B68499B3.jpeg

I was digging through the data last night and was looking at distances hit. There may be a bag change coming up if the data continues to show what I saw after yesterdays round

I'm hitting my 4 iron as far as my 3 hybrid according to the stats, which is strange as the 3 hybrid is 21* compared to the 4 iron of 24*

I was digging through the data last night and was looking at distances hit. There may be a bag change coming up if the data continues to show what I saw after yesterdays round

I'm hitting my 4 iron as far as my 3 hybrid according to the stats, which is strange as the 3 hybrid is 21* compared to the 4 iron of 24*
I’ll never forget when @Master Yagley said they see that all the time in data.

I've had occasion where the watch has jumped ahead a hole or two. I am sure it is because of where I wear it on my arm and I think between that and the way my glove fits I hit that advance button occasionally on a full swing. I've been reluctant to use the button lock feature as I didn't want a lot of extra button pushes especially on the green. I don't use it a lot for checking distances to/over hazards so really few additional button pushes on that account. Also, it turns out that when the Pin Collect screen activates the buttons are unlocked as well! Just get to the hole and push the button corresponding to the number of times the putter was used; no need to unlock the buttons!

Today I was in somewhat of a "zone" and was barely conscious of taking practice swings, something I've made sure I did, and full swings at that (even with a putter!) up until today. Yet, not one shot was missed today, not a full shot, chip nor putt!

Mine isn't missing many shots other than the putting is out to lunch. I have to edit a few shots but usually because of a penalty that I forgot etc. Putting on the other hand is very hard to edit. Keeps telling me all my putts are 2 feet, so I guess it's not reading them ? Tried moving the sensor and didn't help. Not sure what to do next with the putting aspect, short of making notes of all putt lengths and locations, which would be a pita.

Mine isn't missing many shots other than the putting is out to lunch. I have to edit a few shots but usually because of a penalty that I forgot etc. Putting on the other hand is very hard to edit. Keeps telling me all my putts are 2 feet, so I guess it's not reading them ? Tried moving the sensor and didn't help. Not sure what to do next with the putting aspect, short of making notes of all putt lengths and locations, which would be a pita.
I make sure I take a ridiculously exaggerated practice swing or two before practicing the stroke I want to use on my first putt. I also use a conventional, reverse overlap grip so the sensor is really close to the watch band. Also, are you using a counterbalanced putter? If so, I think I read where that metal weight in the putter could have some impact. I am using Stroke Lab Putters and with the weight recessed a little I was able to cut two threads off the tag and still screw it into the grip and it seems very secure.

You could try manual putting mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I make sure I take a ridiculously exaggerated practice swing or two before practicing the stroke I want to use on my first putt. I also use a conventional, reverse overlap grip so the sensor is really close to the watch band. Also, are you using a counterbalanced putter? If so, I think I read where that metal weight in the putter could have some impact. I am using Stroke Lab Putters and with the weight recessed a little I was able to cut two threads off the tag and still screw it into the grip and it seems very secure.
I tried taping the sensor halfway down the grip but it hasn't helped. The watch is reading the sensor in the new location but still not working (recording all 2 feet) Yes I have a counterweight in my grip. I am going to try manual again today and try and do a better job of recording. I just put the sensor back on the end of the grip but I don't think I even need it if I do manual ?

I tried taping the sensor halfway down the grip but it hasn't helped.
I'm trying to remember. Why did you tape the sensor halfway down the grip?

So the latest in a long line now of correspondence with ShotScope is another firmware update in a couple of weeks is coming out to improve the watches ability to pick up more shots. Still don’t know why I have no data from my last round for the back 9. Anyway, I’ve had my money back guarantee period extended to 30 past the next update. As frustrated as I’m getting, I know these guys had a great product, so I’m going to plug away and hope they get the V3 performing like the V2 did.

Back