Bettinardi Makes a Yes! Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good looking putter, but nearly a direct knock off of the former YES! Putters and their C Grooves. What are your thoughts?

EddzV1bXgAI5BYn.jpg

C-groove_1.jpg

Not a fan of the looks of the face. Although it is a Bettinardi.

Looks like a knockoff to me as well. I've been a Bettinardi fan historically but honestly haven't cared for many of their recent releases. This falls squarely into the latter bucket. It's not even the milling pattern but the black on steel looks chintzy for what you pay when you buy a Bettinardi.

No sir, I don't like it. I really don't like any Bettinardi that isn't a honeycomb face.

Just looks off with the half moon grooves. Otherwise very clean looking.

I’m guessing (or hoping) this was a direct request by a tour player. Because otherwise it’s a bit strange.

I've always liked the look of the YES! putters so I like it but I can see how some may think it looks kind of cheap. The black looking does kind of make it look like something I bought from Kmart as a kid.

Clean looking...not to hit puts in the center of the face.

Ha, my brother bought that putter 10 years ago, the yes! Ann.

When he misses a putt, he says 'F'ing Ann!".

1595361557343.png

I rolled a yes putter for about 4 years. The C groove worked.

I guess the best form of flattery is imitation. Is this a one off tour model for someone? Or is this a planned release? I am not sure that they did it any better. It is not worse just not better.

I remember the YES putters. Loved the feel when i rolled one and was pretty accurate with it.

It bothers me when company's steal from someone else and don't even try to hide it. I mean come on, at least do something to make it look like you tried a little bit.

I’m guessing (or hoping) this was a direct request by a tour player. Because otherwise it’s a bit strange.
Looks like it was and for Matthew Fitzpatrick.

Hard pass.

I forgotten YES! used girls names for their putters. I need a putter named Sandra since that's what I call myself when I leave putts short.

Looks identical to a yes

Interesting. Was the C-groove patented in some way and that patent has now expired? I haven't seen a Yes putter in years.

Not digging it. Those C grooves look like something you'd see on a department store putter to me.

I think it’s cool as hell.

I had that exact yes putter and really enjoyed it for a while. I'm stunned to see it come from the Betti shop.

Interesting. Was the C-groove patented in some way and that patent has now expired? I haven't seen a Yes putter in years.
Yes were bought by Adams, then Adams by TaylorMade, I guess Bettinardi has asked the patent owner (now TM I would I assume) if they could use/buy or whatever to re-manufacturer/full on copy one for Fitzpatrick. They may even have some business relationship with TM.

They'd not be the first high end company to make a copy of something and put there name it and sell it for a pound of flesh, Scotty seems to do well out of it these days :eek:;)

Yes were bought by Adams, then Adams by TaylorMade, I guess Bettinardi has asked the patent owner (now TM I would I assume) if they could use/buy or whatever to re-manufacturer/full on copy one for Fitzpatrick. They may even have some business relationship with TM.

They'd not be the first high end company to make a copy of something and put there name it and sell it for a pound of flesh, Scotty seems to do well out of it these days :eek:;)

Based on the brilliant research by @Molten it appears the patent is expired.
Still seems odd to me, because they could have done so much with it, but as a request, it makes sense.

I don't know what the story is with the C-Grooves. Betti has been doing the FIT face milling for years, so this kind of seems up his alley. Is there supposed to be some sort of performance benefit to the circular grooves? But, yeah, it is totally a Yes copy. But, at the same time, kind of fits in the Betti wheelhouse. I think both putters look nice :)

Back