Review Range Days: PXG 0311 P and 0311 T Irons

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
This series is for those that want to dive deep into the world of equipment and data.

Range Days is not just about showing the data and the swings. In this episode Dan and James break down each strike and explain why the performance you are seeing is taking place and what to expect out of the equipment you are testing.

The PXG iron lineup is vast and two we look at today are the 0311 T and 0311 P.

Continue reading...

This one was fun for a lot of reasons, when you let me talk tech, I’m like a kid in a candy store, but Dan and I got WAY deeper than that on this episode.

Hope you all enjoy!

I’m going to find time for this one today

Will tune into this one later today but I'm sure its awesome as usual

Will listen after live golf.. (y)

I actually listened on the way home from the course even though I’m in it, it was as fun as I remembered.

I actually listened on the way home from the course even though I’m in it, it was as fun as I remembered.
oh man, what a fun episode.

I was truly blown away with how easy the P was to hit. It proved a lot to me (for the second time with clubs in hand) from PXGs viability from a performance aspect. I still struggle with the cost perspective, but as with anything, patience is the best way to get to a price I like.

Can't argue with performance. I'd bag the 0311p in a heartbeat.

I was truly blown away with how easy the P was to hit. It proved a lot to me (for the second time with clubs in hand) from PXGs viability from a performance aspect. I still struggle with the cost perspective, but as with anything, patience is the best way to get to a price I like.

They were shocking to me. Completely.

Great job to the both of you. You guys are a great team working together for the show. @Jman, your knowledge and how you see what the equipment is doing for the guy swinging it is really neat to watch/see/understand. You would be an awesome club fitter.

Really enjoying watching you guys enjoy the PXG irons. I love that they provide almost 50% discounts for current or former military and first responders. I game the PXG 0311 Gen 2 XPs and I love them. I have not swung an 0211 but those may be a great option for those that don't want to break the bank on 0311s or aren't eligible for the discount.

Btw - I don't know if you guys are aware, but the naming scheme for the clubs is based on Marine MOS (military occupational specialty). 0311 is the Infantryman MOS.

Really enjoying watching you guys enjoy the PXG irons. I love that they provide almost 50% discounts for current or former military and first responders. I game the PXG 0311 Gen 2 XPs and I love them. I have not swung an 0211 but those may be a great option for those that don't want to break the bank on 0311s or aren't eligible for the discount.

Btw - I don't know if you guys are aware, but the naming scheme for the clubs is based on Marine MOS (military occupational specialty). 0311 is the Infantryman MOS.
I remember reading that early on in PXGs history. I appreciate that kind of passion for our military. Cool way to honor it.

Would you consider doing a combo with the 0311T or just go with the 0311P for the whole set?

Would you consider doing a combo with the 0311T or just go with the 0311P for the whole set?
Not Dan, I’m just the other guy :ROFLMAO:, so I’m interjecting but honestly, I don’t think you’re leaving anything on the table playing a full P setup, they’re profile surprised me and it’s truly still got workability in it imo.

Would I consider it? Sure, why not. Do I think I'd need to? Hard to say, but I feel like the answer is no.

haven't hit either of them in P or 9 to really say one way or the other.

Thx guys. It’s a hard debate. My turf interaction has always been better with a players profile. I worry the P’s will be too big but def would get them for 4 and 5 iron for the help.

Thx guys. It’s a hard debate. My turf interaction has always been better with a players profile. I worry the P’s will be too big but def would get them for 4 and 5 iron for the help.
I do think they’d blend pretty killer being honest.

Great job to the both of you. You guys are a great team working together for the show. @Jman, your knowledge and how you see what the equipment is doing for the guy swinging it is really neat to watch/see/understand. You would be an awesome club fitter.
Thank you for the kind words!

👍 O- three eleven is correct. I hear zero three one one and I cringed as that is not that name. Good video though. Oooorah.

Any thoughts to how these compare to the Cobra Forged TEC. I've read that for the price, the FTs hold up pretty well, but that if you have the money go for the PXGs. Was wondering what you thought of that?

Any thoughts to how these compare to the Cobra Forged TEC. I've read that for the price, the FTs hold up pretty well, but that if you have the money go for the PXGs. Was wondering what you thought of that?

I know @Canadan can offer some thoughts as he plays the Forged TEC irons currently.

Interesting stuff guys. That was one of the better ones. Good info.

Has Range Days concluded or are there more in the tank?

Has Range Days concluded or are there more in the tank?
Not sure yet as we are currently deciding, but we know an evolution of Range Days will be in the future without a doubt.

I know @Canadan can offer some thoughts as he plays the Forged TEC irons currently.
Thanks. Yes, @Canadan would love to hear your thoughts. I've read that because the lofts are a little more standard the spin and descent angle are a little improved, since distance is maximized more by ball speed than loft in the PXGs vs FTs.

The FTs are pretty amazing, and generally I don't have a problem holding greens unless the greens are super fast and firm.

Thanks. Yes, @Canadan would love to hear your thoughts. I've read that because the lofts are a little more standard the spin and descent angle are a little improved, since distance is maximized more by ball speed than loft in the PXGs vs FTs.

The FTs are pretty amazing, and generally I don't have a problem holding greens unless the greens are super fast and firm.
man, that is such a hard question.

My experience with the PXGs are crazy limited to only a single iron at Club Champion, but as the video represents, I had an incredibly easy time hitting the center of the face. One of those times where the weight of the head/shaft combo just flat out worked for me. Best thing I can do is put the data side by side to represent the biggest differences;

1595424947984.png

Clearly the spin numbers are elevated, but the launch is relatively close. They were SO easy to hit.

Back