Review Ben Hogan Golf UiHi Review

Fwiw, they won’t split the combo anywhere but 7/8

Interesting. I could probably make that work, but curious why? stocking issues must be the the reason, but will see what they come back with.

Interesting. I could probably make that work, but curious why? stocking issues must be the the reason, but will see what they come back with.
Their SKU’s are full Icon, full PTx Pro, and the combo splitting at the 7/8 with options in the 4 spot (PTx, UiHi, VKTR+). It’s an inventory management thing, they don’t want to be left holding awkward stock. A few other THP’ers have contacted them and tried and been told no.

Their SKU’s are full Icon, full PTx Pro, and the combo splitting at the 7/8 with options in the 4 spot (PTx, UiHi, VKTR+). It’s an inventory management thing, they don’t want to be left holding awkward stock. A few other THP’ers have contacted them and tried and been told no.

totally makes sense, lower skews, lower inventory costs that they pass on to the consumer. Realistically I should probably just go VKTR+/UiHi/PTX Pro, but those Icons man... they are dead sexy.

totally makes sense, lower skews, lower inventory costs that they pass on to the consumer. Realistically I should probably just go VKTR+/UiHi/PTX Pro, but those Icons man... they are dead sexy.
And amazingly fun. Ask @sposey013168 ;)

Also, since the review these have been reshafted to a beefier setup...and they’ve been even better for me.

ED2F2CF9-ECEF-4E75-809E-3389E995E70A.jpeg8A8A64D3-6463-4D95-BED5-0363F437C7CC.jpegBFEDC991-AD91-4FEC-B332-79F992A28A71.jpeg

Can you buy just the icon portion of a combo set?

Currently they do not sell individual irons to accomplish that. We discussed it on our live stream with their CEO.
With that said, if you have a Club Champion near you, it might be worth a call, as they carry Ben Hogan and maybe it's possible through them? I genuinely don't know.

I wanted to add in here, because I don’t do direct comparisons to other brands in my reviews as I think it’s a disservice to both brands, I also own a U85, Cobra Forged Tec Utility, and TEE EXS Ti utility, the UiHi’s have the smallest profile of the four, not to mention you can’t see the junk in the trunk from address like you can the others. Now, it doesn’t produce the same distance as the Ti, but that one is a low spin monster and puts up insane ball speeds. The Tec offers lower spin as well, and the U85 is the most comparable performance and feel wise imo, but in a more compact package.

I’m a bit of a Utility Iron addict not that I can absolutely hit them well and get the most out of them, and bang for your buck? I don’t know that anything hangs with the UiHi. But, I mentioned it in the review and will here as well, it’s definitely one that blends into irons and fits gaps without creating issues into the rest of your set, which is precisely what Hogan set out to do.

So i got mine in last week ad I purchased the 18deg 3 with he recoil 780 Smackwrap in stiff. OMG this is a ROCKET ! I took the 5 wood out of the bag for this and i bought it as a fairway finder for shorter par 4's where in the past i was hitting driver and being too close or erratic. I have played with it a couple of times and my ball flight is a mid flight with this but i can flight it down so easily in these texas winds. but this club just takes off like a bullet and the roll out is phenomenal. looking at the website not and fixing to pull the trigger on the 22

So i got mine in last week ad I purchased the 18deg 3 with he recoil 780 Smackwrap in stiff. OMG this is a ROCKET ! I took the 5 wood out of the bag for this and i bought it as a fairway finder for shorter par 4's where in the past i was hitting driver and being too close or erratic. I have played with it a couple of times and my ball flight is a mid flight with this but i can flight it down so easily in these texas winds. but this club just takes off like a bullet and the roll out is phenomenal. looking at the website not and fixing to pull the trigger on the 22
Called it.:ROFLMAO:

Called it.:ROFLMAO:
Yepper, When i went to the range i had switched bags and my SC200 was still in the Staff Bag...Should be able to get to the range Saturday am and get some #'s

I’ve had the 4 iron in the cart several times I just to chicken of the wife to pull the trigger. I'll try not to spend any extra next month and see if I can suffer the wrath of it just "magickly" showing up.

I’ve had the 4 iron in the cart several times I just to chicken of the wife to pull the trigger. I'll try not to spend any extra next month and see if I can suffer the wrath of it just "magickly" showing up.
I Hear ya...I've a nickname I use for those occasions...S.W.M.B.O. (also pertains to the aggressive S.O.)

Is the recoil in stiff workable for someone who is on the stiff/xstiff border?

My review (original post link to homepage) was with the recoil and I’m a 110-112 driver SS guy. It was playable enough for me, not ideal, but as the numbers in there show it was plenty playable.

My review (original post link to homepage) was with the recoil and I’m a 110-112 driver SS guy. It was playable enough for me, not ideal, but as the numbers in there show it was plenty playable.
Thanks again!

Rocking some GOST! That’s got to be a performer out there.

I am 62 , (63 in September) I can flip it left or Right with my Bridgestone Tour B X's

Used mine in anger for the first time on Sunday. When it goes, damn, it goes. For me however, it wasn’t the most forgiving club I’ve hit.
I would say I don’t hit a particularly high ball. This club certainly was not a high launcher for me, although I play seaside golf so I wanted something to keep out of the sea breeze. When I did put a decent strike on it though, I got a really nice boring flight, a decent distance (I wasn’t that far behind my partner who can knock the skin off the ball with a driver- that was into the breeze), and the club felt beautiful off the face. Not something I can see me using off the deck with me hitting quite a low ball with it, but off the tee, I think it’s going to be a decent weapon!

Last edited:
Haven't given up on the 22 uihi quite yet, but I'm not sure it's going to fit what I need. I think I made a bit of a mistake in putting a shaft in more like my hybrid rather than like my irons. It's flying more like my set 5i rather than being a lower flight 4i replacement. 🤔

Haven't given up on the 22 uihi quite yet, but I'm not sure it's going to fit what I need. I think I made a bit of a mistake in putting a shaft in more like my hybrid rather than like my irons. It's flying more like my set 5i rather than being a lower flight 4i replacement. 🤔

What Shaft did you get?

Back