Handicap Spread Sheet

pinseeker

"Non renunciare mai quello che desideri"
Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
I have a really good spread sheet that I created in Xcel but am considering deleting all the existing data and starting over. Reason being is that I have not really been out on the course in over a year, I have new MB clubs, and I don't think adding new rounds to the existing sheet would be a good indicator. Of course I could get an official USGA HC, but I do not compete anymore. I suppose following that reasoning, I don't need a HC at all and could just use raw scores, but the spreadsheet I created takes various courses into consideration I.e. Course HC, Slope e.t.c.

Doesn’t it take your best 10 rds out of your last 20 for cap purposes ? If so not having played wouldn’t really be a factor.

Doesn’t it take your best 10 rds out of your last 20 for cap purposes ? If so not having played wouldn’t really be a factor.

New world golf handicap rules are different. It is best 8 out of 20. If starting fresh you used to get a handicap based on your best 1 score out of 5 and I think it was best 4 out of 10. I am not sure how that changes now.

Generally if your handicap hasn't been current for a year (meaning you haven't paid any dues) it flushes out of the GHIN system and you start fresh.

Yes, that is true, however the last twenty would be rounds over a year old. I could of course simply keep tracking scores until the best 10 of last twenty would be of current rounds. It would depend on whether current rounds would indicate improvement or digression. Bear in mind I am now using muscle back blades versus quasi players irons cavity backs.

I suppose it depends on why you're tracking. I do not play tourney golf but I like to keep track of how many rounds I've played per year and see if my cap is going up or down. (to me that is improvement or not) so picked up a phone app for $4.95 four years ago, It even changed to new world format on Jan 1. I like being able to sort by course and look at best (and worst lol) scores.

I suppose it depends on why you're tracking. I do not play tourney golf but I like to keep track of how many rounds I've played per year and see if my cap is going up or down. (to me that is improvement or not) so picked up a phone app for $4.95 four years ago, It even changed to new world format on Jan 1. I like being able to sort by course and look at best (and worst lol) scores.
Yep, lots of handy apps available. I just like the satisfaction of creating my own and I also use it for tracking and to temporarily plug in "what if" scenarios. I used to have capability to track GIR, Fairway, putts, % of birdies, bogeys, pars, but that go to be too much so I deleted them.[/QUOTE]

Back