Review CaddyDaddy Claw Glove Review

Well after playing in 86* and 96* sun this past weekend, plus a early morning round with dew - these are ultimate liquid control. Awesome gloves for sweat and heat. Lost track of rounds but well over 23 times out for the season and probably 10+ with these...

Is this glove much improved over their previous Talon glove? I gave their Talon glove a shot and thought it was a complete joke. The tacky material held on to the club, sure, but my hand inside of the glove moved all over the place so it was pointless.

After walking 18 holes on a humid day, my glove wasn't soaked in sweat!
I love the consistent grip as well!!

This will definitely stay in the bag for a while. I'm not sure Cabretta leather gloves will ever be used again.

Is this glove much improved over their previous Talon glove? I gave their Talon glove a shot and thought it was a complete joke. The tacky material held on to the club, sure, but my hand inside of the glove moved all over the place so it was pointless.
Night and day. As I mentioned in the article, I worked with the Talon about 5 years ago for THP, this is about 1,468,339 times better.

As a sweater, I have been super impressed with mine. Fit is good, grip is great and they have held up for several rounds and now 6 different range/super speed sessions. A little discoloration on top of the pointer finger is all, and I think if I through it in the wash it would look good as new. If this glove lasts me most of the summer.... well the price is too good to pass up. Might pick up another 2 while the discount is still active.

And I just went and ordered 2 more. $35 for gloves that might get me through 6-10 months is a bargain.

Good stuff, @Jman. If I’m buying and sizing down, is my cadet medium size becoming a small?!

I went just regular medium and it works great. I usually wear a cadet medium as well.

I'm guessing the Talon size you had was probably too large - sorry! The Claw has vast improvements all the way around.

I'd recommend sizing down if you're in between sizes on our size chart as they definitely run big.
The size chart on our website can be found here: https://www.caddydaddygolf.com/CDYCGG.html

We've had a few players that felt the Claw slid a bit inside (on the first go round) but we've been able to fix 90% of those players with a smaller size.
I know ordering gloves online can be a challenge (even with a size chart) so we offer free exchanges and we cover the shipping both ways.
For anyone that needs another size, please email me and I will take care of you: rod@caddydaddygolf.com
Thanks!

Mine came in the mail yesterday. I'll be trying it out tonight for league play. Will report my thoughts tomorrow or so.

I'm guessing the Talon size you had was probably too large - sorry! The Claw has vast improvements all the way around.

I'd recommend sizing down if you're in between sizes on our size chart as they definitely run big.
The size chart on our website can be found here: https://www.caddydaddygolf.com/CDYCGG.html

We've had a few players that felt the Claw slid a bit inside (on the first go round) but we've been able to fix 90% of those players with a smaller size.
I know ordering gloves online can be a challenge (even with a size chart) so we offer free exchanges and we cover the shipping both ways.
For anyone that needs another size, please email me and I will take care of you: rod@caddydaddygolf.com
Thanks!

Can confirm that this glove does not slip when the correct size is selected.

Be honest with yourselves, guys! We all don’t wear a Large glove. :ROFLMAO:

Got a couple and have played two rounds. They grip great. I have been walking carrying and sweating like crazy. This glove handless a sweaty hand better than the FJ's I have been using. Count me one that is impressed.

Played 9 holes with the new glove. I must say that as far as holding on to the club, I'm very impressed. After seeing me put on the new glove, my playing partners were all asking if I was going to be running crossing patterns for the QB to throw to me. The palms do look just like some of the gloves that recievers wear. I think wearing 2 of these gloves in the rain would be great.

Today I will be playing 18 holes and it will be much warmer out so that will give me some more variables to consider before a complete review.

Normally wear a medium but the Claw was a bit too loose in the fingers and long in the pinky. Sent it back and Rod is sending me a small, hope it’s not too small. Looking forward to giving it a go!

Ok, my first complaint about this glove happened today.

The glove does not grip well when wet or sweaty hands.

Twice the club completely slipped out of my hands on the 7th hole as my hands got very sweaty in the heat. I hand to change out the glove for another regular brand to play the rest of the day.

Ok, my first complaint about this glove happened today.

The glove does not grip well when wet or sweaty hands.

Twice the club completely slipped out of my hands on the 7th hole as my hands got very sweaty in the heat. I hand to change out the glove for another regular brand to play the rest of the day.
Sorry to hear that. We've heard this from 1 or 2 other customers. I'm guessing our gloves aren't matching well with your grips when they get wet. It's very strange as we've tested with numerous grips in temps of 110+ where there was plenty of hand sweat to go around. I've even soaked my glove with water and still had no issues. If there's anything we can do for you, please email me.

Sorry to hear that. We've heard this from 1 or 2 other customers. I'm guessing our gloves aren't matching well with your grips when they get wet. It's very strange as we've tested with numerous grips in temps of 110+ where there was plenty of hand sweat to go around. I've even soaked my glove with water and still had no issues. If there's anything we can do for you, please email me.
Thanks. The glove is great. I just had this one issue and I don't usually play in either wet or hot conditions like that normally.

According to the chart on the website, I should get a large, but everyone says to size down. What's the verdict here? Should I go medium or large?

According to the chart on the website, I should get a large, but everyone says to size down. What's the verdict here? Should I go medium or large?
We've had some players that wear large in other brands and still wear large in ours but some have gone down to the medium so it's tough to say unfortunately.
If you typically wear a large in other gloves and like them tight I'd try the medium first. We offer free size exchanges so if the one you order doesn't work out we'll send a return label to you and resend the correct size.

dep

depends on fit... do you like a tight glove?

I usually am XL and went to L because the glove mirrors a normal cabretta leather feel... more stretch in these gloves so personal pref.

We've had some players that wear large in other brands and still wear large in ours but some have gone down to the medium so it's tough to say unfortunately.
If you typically wear a large in other gloves and like them tight I'd try the medium first. We offer free size exchanges so if the one you order doesn't work out we'll send a return label to you and resend the correct size.

Thank you for the response and the free exchange is a great option to have. Thanks.

Wanted to bump this thread with review given all the conversation going on about the gloves lately, lots of detailed breakdown in the article as well.

I continue to be thoroughly addicted to these gloves. While the knit does get dirty on the back of the hand As it tends to collect dust, the beauty here is still that you can literally toss them in the washing machine and they come out squeaky clean.

I have already got 50+ rounds on this second one, and it should last as long as the one in the review at 70+ with no issues.

I continue to be thoroughly addicted to these gloves. While the knit does get dirty on the back of the hand As it tends to collect dust, the beauty here is still that you can literally toss them in the washing machine and they come out squeaky clean.

I have already got 50+ rounds on this second one, and it should last as long as the one in the review at 70+ with no issues.
I'm not one who goes through gloves quickly, so I'm curious to see how long it lasts. At those numbers it might be 2 years haha

I'm not one who goes through gloves quickly, so I'm curious to see how long it lasts. At those numbers it might be 2 years haha
Yeah, it’s wild. In standard leather gloves I might get one to last 3 weeks as much as I play, if I’m lucky.

Count me in as a highly satisfied customer. Gloves are great in the heat and in rain.

Back