MetroCat

Reaction score
I've seen lots of hype about these irons and it's an interesting story as to how the company came to be but I never see PXGs listed in any signatures of the members here. I'm guessing they are good clubs just not worth it unless you have money to burn?

go to their website (for background info)...i've been thinking about the 0211 irons. mostly because i wanna support a Marine's company

I’ve been seeing their commercials with Pat Perez. They’re definitely pricier although the 0211’s have come down in price. There’s a great Range Days session on PXG irons on THP TV.

They look fantastic, but there is a lot of good gear at lower price points too. Kind of akin to American Honmas if there were such a thing?

Next week my signature will update to 0211s. They shipped today. At my fitting I hit the entire 0311 line, gen2 and gen3. Good, but for me, nothing stood out. The 0211s fit me so ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FYI Pxg has a pretty nice Veteran's program with substantial discounts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m going on 2 years with Gen 1 0311T’s. I bought mine for just under $130 a club through their Hero’s program.

They are awesome clubs and well worth the discounted price. They are not worth more than any typically priced iron from all the other top OEM’s.

FYI Pxg has a pretty nice Veteran's program with substantial discounts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Indeed, I have two friends who play them and they got 50% off as vets

I’m going on 2 years with Gen 1 0311T’s. I bought mine for just under $130 a club through their Hero’s program.

They are awesome clubs and well worth the discounted price. They are not worth more than any typically priced iron from all the other top OEM’s.

I also bought my PXGs through the Hero's program. I love them, but wouldn't buy if I had to pay full price

Price is just way out of whack. I love the idea of playing a different club name brand than other players however the cost is so prohibitive. I have seen pxg on a public golf course once which is sad. They have priced theirselves out of a majority market imo. I don’t see how they can continue for the long run with their sales structure.

I recently received 2 gen2 hybrids. PXG is currently offering at half off, which puts them in line with other brands. They paid for themselves at our member-member this last weekend with a $280 net skin and a few hundred dollars of shop credit for getting into the shootout (my nerves, not the clubs, were my downfall here!). My 28- degree hybrid (yes, 28!) is my new favorite club, launching higher and spinning more than my 6-iron. 5-wood on order.

Theyre great clubs, theyre just overpriced. Ive only ever seen 1 person in real life with PXGs and he was a doctor on a high-end luxury golf course who clearly could afford it.
IMO, if you can afford it and want the best of the best; theyre great clubs. Theres just as many other clubs out there that are much cheaper and just as good though, IMO.

I've thought the hybrid was their best club, but now the Gen 3 tour iron is getting a lot of praise. At full price, not worth it to me. But at the lower pricing, the hybrid is worth a serious look. Even the upcharge shaft is a decent price point in the hybrid. I don't like the "X" as a sight dot - that ruins it for me in a way - would need to black it. Gen 1's are great with the right shaft.

Last edited:
Ugly clubs. All the way from driver to putter.

I see them pretty frequently and the players swear by them. We get a Lot of baseball pitchers at our course on Mondays during the season Since we are so close to Busch stadium and pitchers usually have an off day from traveling Sunday night. Just about every one uses PXG. They are definitely targeting the higher end market, not the average golfer.

I find PXG interesting, but there is little chance I will ever play them unless for some reason I am given them or find an amazing deal. I wont pay their prices.

Ugly clubs. All the way from driver to putter.

That's what I thought when they were $350 a club :unsure:

I learned about the Hero's Program...now I think they are damn sexy in my bag :ROFLMAO:

I've seen lots of hype about these irons and it's an interesting story as to how the company came to be but I never see PXGs listed in any signatures of the members here. I'm guessing they are good clubs just not worth it unless you have money to burn?

First, I want to make clear that I am not judging in anyway but I find WITBs are a mix of those who: 1) buy clubs from brands irrespective of forum support, 2) prefer to buy from brands that support the forum, 3) win clubs as part of events/experiences.

It's difficult to take what clubs are used on the forum and compare those to what the average person is buying. PXG has little to no forum presence so they only fall into buyers in category #1. Ping is the same way. Companies who have outstanding social platforms and put on top of the line events/experiences will have more WITB.

Dave

I learned about the Hero's Program...now I think they are damn sexy in my bag :ROFLMAO:

I still don’t like the screws. I’d much rather have had them look like TM’s P790’s. So much that I may switch to the P770’s next year if the heads fit my eye (size, offset, etc.).

The weights on the woods come in handy for swing weighting though and don’t bother me as much since they are on the bottom of the clubs.

Price is just way out of whack. I love the idea of playing a different club name brand than other players however the cost is so prohibitive. I have seen pxg on a public golf course once which is sad. They have priced theirselves out of a majority market imo. I don’t see how they can continue for the long run with their sales structure.
You haven't read about who Bob Pasons is. ;)
He's wealthy enough to give away his fortune along with Bill & Melinda and friends. He wouldn't have to sell a club ever and can still have his own club brands.
And he's a former Marine. ;)

You haven't read about who Bob Pasons is. ;)
He's wealthy enough to give away his fortune along with Bill & Melinda and friends. He wouldn't have to sell a club ever and can still have his own club brands.
And he's a former Marine. ;)
I have actually read about Corporal Bob Parsons. Great guy and love his ploy to "give back" to the armed forces that fight for this country. I appreciate his service to this country also! Yep, he is extremely wealthy, however that doesn't mean that they (PXG) will be around like the other major brands for the long run. Some companies come and go with very wealthy owner / CEO's. Nothing and I mean NOTHING against the man and what he is trying to do.(y)

I still don’t like the screws. I’d much rather have had them look like TM’s P790’s. So much that I may switch to the P770’s next year if the heads fit my eye (size, offset, etc.).

The weights on the woods come in handy for swing weighting though and don’t bother me as much since they are on the bottom of the clubs.

I don't care for the screws, either. Fortunately, the 0211's don't have the screws. Personally, I think it's a very nice looking iron. At $99 a club, I'd give them a serious look if I were in the market.

0211.jpg

Back