What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

Good feedback guys. Has anyone else noticed an impact on the wind with the X? I play in pretty stiff wind 75% of my rounds so that's a little discouraging if so.

I haven’t had an issue with either CS model in the wind. I’ve always been taught once you pull a club playing into the wind, go back to your bag and take one more club. So I’m maybe not getting as impacted by the wind. I don’t notice scads more spin with the CSx over the CS. Maybe 200-300 rpm. Distance is neck in neck. That said, with a 103-105 mph driver swing speed I’m not a player that may get the best the X has to offer.

Would love to try the chrome soft X looking for more spin control

I haven’t had an issue with either CS model in the wind. I’ve always been taught once you pull a club playing into the wind, go back to your bag and take one more club. So I’m maybe not getting as impacted by the wind. I don’t notice scads more spin with the CSx over the CS. Maybe 200-300 rpm. Distance is neck in neck. That said, with a 103-105 mph driver swing speed I’m not a player that may get the best the X has to offer.
I'm around that swing speed also, maybe a smidge higher and I'm wondering if it would work for me too. I'm not sure I'll compress it enough but to get the full benefit of it.

I'm around that swing speed also, maybe a smidge higher and I'm wondering if it would work for me too. I'm not sure I'll compress it enough but to get the full benefit of it.

I’m a shallow swinger of the irons and wedges and hit up on driver 3°. I also launch the ball higher than what is optimal for my swing speed. So in many ways a bit more spin should benefit my game however it hasn’t become the case. I’ve got 8 or more rounds with each ball, many times I’ve played shots from the same spot with both balls. At my speed, the balls are neck in neck. They fly about the same, stop on the greens about the same and so on. Feel around the green is what differentiates them at this point. My focus the next few practice sessions will be bunker shots, pitching and chipping. Maybe this will push one ball ahead of the other? Right now I would liken the balls performance to the Pro V1 balls where the differences are subtle and feel is more of a decider.

Played the new CS and CSx balls this afternoon. Really like the way these balls perform. For my 103-105 mph driver swing speed, I could play either ball. However, from 150 yards in I‘m beginning to feel the CS suits my better. I seem to get more out of mishits with the standard CS compared to the X. I still get plenty of green side check with the CS. If anything I may be losing a few yards with driver with CS compared to the CSx but I feel I get those yards back on iron/wedge shots. Starting to think the CS will my gamer. I’ll decide after a short game session this weekend.

Played the new CS today and I will say I am impressed. I have the swing speed for the X but I really like this ball. I wrote more about it in the what ball did you play today.

i am looking forward to hitting the CSX when they get here :golf:🚀

I was selected to review the 2020 CS, and will be posting here after they arrive. I'll do my best with the review, probably doing some head-to-head comparisons with the Srixon Q-Star Tour, Bridgestone Tour B RX, and maybe some previous year Chrome Softs.

i am looking forward to hitting the CSX when they get here :golf:🚀
I will be right there with you with the CSX! Couldn't be more excited. My Tour B RX finally has some competition, and damn is it going to be fun!

I will be right there with you with the CSX! Couldn't be more excited. My Tour B RX finally has some competition, and damn is it going to be fun!

yeah, i am kinda torn about how these results may play out :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been pretty enamored with the new BXS ball, but picked up some of the new CSXTT and I am very glad that I did.

This ball is LONG, like I’m finding spots 10-15 yards longer than previous gen ball and 5-10 longer than new BXS. The stopping power is equally up to the Task, spun back an 8 iron and even a mega thin 54 one hopped and stopped.

the one thing I do not love is the feel - it’s quite a bit firmer off the putter than I am accustomed to, but as @radiman said to me,going to give it some more time to get accustomed to the feel.

unreal ball. Try it, even if you don’t think you have the speed to try it.

It’s so good!

@JasonFinleyCG truvis coming ?
No Truvis currently for CSX - just not enough volume to warrant doing it (at this point)

So I played the 2020 Chrome Soft TT today and I have put it head to head with the Bridgestone Tour BX and it outshines it for me. I didn’t put it head to head today but it just feels amazing from top to bottom of the bag for me. It’s straight off the driver and long. It’s actually longer throughout the bag than the 2019 CSX TT, which was what I gamed last year. I like the Tour BX, as it will be my backup ball, but I looooovvvveee the CS! It’s softer off the putter than the BX which I think was the thing that gave it that little bit more of an edge. It is firmer than the last CS but not as firm as the CSX TT from 2019. It’s a very happy medium. So glad I gave this ball a try.

Finally was at a store that had the 2020 CSX with TT.
First par 5 with it, 510 yard par 5. Driver 7 iron to 6 feet and make it for eagle. @JasonFinleyCG you know anyone involved with this ball? Haha

Played 2020 Chrome Soft today.
Its freaking Nuclear off the tee with my driver and hybrid, but I'm struggling with iron distances. Not sure if it's the ball or my swing.

i put csx20 in play today. oh man is this an amazing ball. i hit my longest drives yet, and some big shots with other clubs. stopping power was fantastic as was short game play. i liked the feel off the putter just fine. and durability was tremendous (played the same ball all day, hit some trees and it still looked great). gamer for the time being, no doubt.

One more thing I found interesting, I went to use Triple Track on the first green and the lines must have had a printing error. The middle red line wasnt parallel to the 2 blue lines. Talk about a mind melter lol.

No Truvis currently for CSX - just not enough volume to warrant doing it (at this point)
Thanks, Jason. I’m totally blanking, but is yellow coming?

I continue to be blown away by the 2020 CSX. Played the ball today against Tour BXS and I’m consistently longer off the tee with CSX but my irons are spot on with numbers that I’m looking for. First couple of rounds, Ifelt like it was a touch firmer than I wanted off putter, but now I’m accustomed to it and I’m quite enjoying it. This is a realllllllly great golf ball.

Looking forward to putting the Chromesoft up against my current ball - Taylormade TP5.

Thanks, Jason. I’m totally blanking, but is yellow coming?

I continue to be blown away by the 2020 CSX. Played the ball today against Tour BXS and I’m consistently longer off the tee with CSX but my irons are spot on with numbers that I’m looking for. First couple of rounds, Ifelt like it was a touch firmer than I wanted off putter, but now I’m accustomed to it and I’m quite enjoying it. This is a realllllllly great golf ball.

I like a firmer feel when putting. I like to hear a click.

2 sleeves of CSX marked and loaded into the bag for tomorrow.

I love the feedback in here. I’m excited to try the CSx soon

I was selected to review the 2020 CS, and will be posting here after they arrive. I'll do my best with the review, probably doing some head-to-head comparisons with the Srixon Q-Star Tour, Bridgestone Tour B RX, and maybe some previous year Chrome Softs.
Me also, my gamers are ProV1 and ProV1X. It will be fun to compare. Previous versions of the Chrome Soft have been inconsistent for me so I am really hoping to see what Callaway has done with their big facility upgrade.

So I played the 2020 Chrome Soft TT today and I have put it head to head with the Bridgestone Tour BX and it outshines it for me. I didn’t put it head to head today but it just feels amazing from top to bottom of the bag for me. It’s straight off the driver and long. It’s actually longer throughout the bag than the 2019 CSX TT, which was what I gamed last year. I like the Tour BX, as it will be my backup ball, but I looooovvvveee the CS! It’s softer off the putter than the BX which I think was the thing that gave it that little bit more of an edge. It is firmer than the last CS but not as firm as the CSX TT from 2019. It’s a very happy medium. So glad I gave this ball a try.
I like the sound of this - having played the previous standard Chrome Soft lately I feel that I am leaning towards the feel of the X from that generation but it sounds like the new CS could be a good option

A bit more distance with the same stopping power is always a good thing

I played the regular CS today for most holes. Just a solid ball all around. I really enjoy the soft feel off of the TT ten putter.

Back