Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I played a match today where I didn't have anywhere close to my best stuff. Not just off the tee. Nowhere was I on. The one thing I had going for me was my drives, even off center, were still in play. Don't get me wrong, I was not hitting it as far off center. But, my misses were close enough to keep me on the course and I'm the match.

I ended up winning 4&3 and feel like I was fortunate to suffer through a bad round and walk away with a win.

Where did you get this??
Ebay. Ships from China (of course). Shipping time can be as long as like 6 weeks, but this one showed up in about 2. I’m in NY for reference.

1595580538002.png
PS: I’m not aware of an official weight kit produced and sold by Callaway, otherwise, I would certainly have bought one.

Last edited:
Got in a round today with the Mav TripD setup. I didn't hit it great in the first few holes as I was trying to zone in on a hosel and weight config that seemed to work well. Got it dialed in and hit a few complete bombs with it. Hit a 7 iron into a par 5, which on my best historical drives required a 4 iron to get into. Resulted in a nice birdie. Hit another bomb on a long par 4 leaving me a flip lw into. Last round played at the course, I had to hit a full pw into.
Current settings at +1 loft, neutral. 16g rear, 2g front. May give the draw setting a go, as I did have a tendency to leave some out right.
Overall, I'm more comfortable with this driver than the Sim Max. I really wanted to love the Sim Max, but just couldn't find the consistency with it.
In fairness to the Sim Max, I only had one shaft for it and it may not be the best shaft setup for me. Anyway, sold off the Sim.
Looking to really dial in the Mav for the bag.

Got in a round today with the Mav TripD setup. I didn't hit it great in the first few holes as I was trying to zone in on a hosel and weight config that seemed to work well. Got it dialed in and hit a few complete bombs with it. Hit a 7 iron into a par 5, which on my best historical drives required a 4 iron to get into. Resulted in a nice birdie. Hit another bomb on a long par 4 leaving me a flip lw into. Last round played at the course, I had to hit a full pw into.
Current settings at +1 loft, neutral. 16g rear, 2g front. May give the draw setting a go, as I did have a tendency to leave some out right.
Overall, I'm more comfortable with this driver than the Sim Max. I really wanted to love the Sim Max, but just couldn't find the consistency with it.
In fairness to the Sim Max, I only had one shaft for it and it may not be the best shaft setup for me. Anyway, sold off the Sim.
Looking to really dial in the Mav for the bag.
Time to update that signature!

Another range session today and may have found the best combo to date. We will see after Sunday’s round. Dropped the Attas Coool 7X in and this time swapped up the weights. 14g in the back now, 4g in the side. Hit 11/12 right on the screws. I have been way out on the toe in every other combination. I wonder if the heavier heel weight had been pulling it to inside. Gonna play the front 9 in current setting with the new CSX and see if I need to adjust.

Got the Mav on course today and fiddled with the weight setup a smidge more. I prob shouldnt have but brouught the Diamana D+ 7X out in it today. Prob should have just kept the Ventus in.
Anyway, 6g front and 14g rear is very nice. That extra weight up front really adds solidity to the feel.
May try 8g/12g to see what that does for me.
Hit some really nice little 5 yard cut bombs today once I got the feels going.

my driver swing is still a mess but i put a couple good moves on the ball today and this driver stepped up nicely. first drive of the day was 280 uphill. smoked. then i lost it in a hurry and left the driver in the bag. but the last hole of the day our team wanted an eagle so i pulled it again. downwind hit a high bomb 290 in the tap dead center of the fairway. mav max seriously impressed me today.

Ok THP expertise... the MAVRIK I ordered came in today, and I need some knowledge dropped on me. The adjustment card does not mention a D setting for loft. I'm pretty sure I've been playing it +1 for both lie and loft on the fitting cart driver, but now I'm confused. On the adapter itself there's a D option for both cogs, but on the card itself there's only an option for D on the lie part? Can anyone shed some light on this please?
8380CC4B-9D1C-4B2F-9FA0-60D0DB06847F.jpeg

Ok THP expertise... the MAVRIK I ordered came in today, and I need some knowledge dropped on me. The adjustment card does not mention a D setting for loft. I'm pretty sure I've been playing it +1 for both lie and loft on the fitting cart driver, but now I'm confused. On the adapter itself there's a D option for both cogs, but on the card itself there's only an option for D on the lie part? Can anyone shed some light on this please?
View attachment 8955027
On the cog put it at +1/D and it will be playing the way you say. The loft will be 1 degree higher than the stated loft on the club, and the D setting will put the lie angle a bit upright.

Thanks. Do you (or anyone) know what D means on the loft part, though?

D is a lie angle adjustment only. I don't see where it uses the D to reference loft on that card. It means it will play upright thus, making it more draw biased.

D is only a reference for lie angle. The +1, +2, -1 are loft adjustments. S=stated loft and N=neutral iirc

Yeah - that's why I'm confused. It's on both the loft and lie cog. Anybody with definite knowledge here?

Yeah - that's why I'm confused. It's on both the loft and lie cog. Anybody with definite knowledge here?
Yes it is on both, but the cogs are not loft and lie specific. They are a combination of the 2 cogs. Don't get confused thinking the top cog does one thing and the bottom cog does one thing, it is a combination of the cogs.

Each cog is not independently manipulating one or the other. It's not like one cog is for loft and the other is for lie. It says so right on the card.

Screenshot_20200725-192549_Samsung Internet.jpg

there are no loft and lie specific cogs on the sense of the bottom and top cogs have to be set a certain way. They are opti fit so if you adjust for lie the only corresponding combination (or cog) you can use will adjust loft and vice Versa

you are over thinking it a bit.

^ What they all said. Mix and match the cogs until you get the settings you want, it doesn't matter which cog they're on.

Gotcha. Thanks all - so what is the D on the bottom cog? It’s not listed in the adjustment book.

Gotcha. Thanks all - so what is the D on the bottom cog? It’s not listed in the adjustment book.
D= Draw which raises the lie angle

If you set your driver to either 'S'tated loft or '+1' (both of which are on the top cog) you'd then use the 'D' on the bottom cog to set it to upright (if you wanted to promote more draw) or 'N' on the bottom cog (if you didn't want more draw).
Same idea but opposite cogs if you set your driver loft to either '+2' or '-1'. Those settings are on the bottom cog so you'd use the D or N on the top cog to promote more or less draw in either of those two loft settings.

You can only have either D or N with either a S, -1, +1, or +2. It doesn't matter what cog the D is on top or bottom, it will always change the lie angle to more upright. If you want your driver in the draw setting, and you change it through all 4 lofts on the adapter, sometimes the D is on the top and sometimes it's on the bottom. But, wherever it is, it will always mean Draw.

Well I probably should have given the Mavrik a try earlier in the season. I had a pretty nice driving day and even my bad shots were still playable. I was pretty impressed with a couple that I struck low on the face. I have another 9 tomorrow morning and an really looking forward to hitting this some more.

I’m gaming the Epic Flash SZ but went with the Standard Mavrik. Hoping I didn’t make a mistake. I saw a review of all three Mavriks and the sleeper was the Mavrik Max even for higher clubhead speeds. Making me think.

The funny thing is obviously it’s the swing but as soon as I ordered the driver my swing comes back and now the Epic is putting up a fight for her spot in the bag.

Tomorrow I’m trying the Mavrik woods and hybrid for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m gaming the Epic Flash SZ but went with the Standard Mavrik. Hoping I didn’t make a mistake. I saw a review of all three Mavriks and the sleeper was the Mavrik Max even for higher clubhead speeds. Making me think.

The funny thing is obviously it’s the swing but as soon as I ordered the driver my swing comes back and now the Epic is putting up a fight for her spot in the bag.

Tomorrow I’m trying the Mavrik woods and hybrid for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was on a launch monitor and the standard head was easily the best for me. It all depends on the golfer.

Back