What's going to happen to MLB and the NFL?

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So MLB does not have a bubble and 14 or so Marlins tested positive forcing to cancel their home opener and the Yankees/Phillies game as the Phillies just played the Marlins. So do these non bubble sports have a chance or is this a one-off situation? Do the non-bubble players need to take this more seriously?

The NFL and MLB are going to have issues. When you have players like Lou Williams going home for a funeral and end up going to a strip club. Someone posted a photo of him and said he was "picking up food". The 1% that aren't taking it serious will hurt the leage.

The NFL and MLB are going to have issues. When you have players like Lou Williams going home for a funeral and end up going to a strip club. Someone posted a photo of him and said he was "picking up food". The 1% that aren't taking it serious will hurt the leage.

They will have more issues than just worrying about Covid. Not going into detail to not get political, but I think you know where im going.

eventually i think baseball gets shut down. probably in a month when half the teams are positive to covid.
not sure about the nfl till it starts to see where were at.

Baseball's 30 bubbles experiment burst with the Marlins. The NFL will face the same issues but magnified considerably because of the larger rosters and the fact that contact is the game. I don't see baseball finishing a season and football is currently in jeopardy given the state of Corona.

Their days are numbered. I’m guessing the NFL won’t even start and MLB will be out of players in a month.

So MLB does not have a bubble and 14 or so Marlins tested positive forcing to cancel their home opener and the Yankees/Phillies game as the Phillies just played the Marlins. So do these non bubble sports have a chance or is this a one-off situation? Do the non-bubble players need to take this more seriously?
As long as we've got golf, what else do we really need?

Any more this is my thoughts exactly. Dont get me wrong, I used to be a HUGE pro sports fan. The last 5 years really have gone downhill for me fast and every year more and more. Couple of my buddies this past weekend were like "man what are we going to do if they dont have football?!" I told them I could care less as I still have golf. They didnt like that answer as they dont play golf lol

NFL probably never takes flight or barely gets off ground if all teams/players are honest. MLB either players will care and want to play or spirals out of control.

I don't care, they're dead to me. Gives me more time to golf! :LOL:

MLB is in serious trouble if ESPN keeps A-rod as a prime time announcer. That was brutal to listen too.

Doesn't bode well for college football.

...this is about the only thing I can stomach to watch anymore and its trending in the wrong direction

I agree. Golf is the only sport I need to watch!

Gotta hope the Golf Channel doesn't keep showing soccer on Sundays! :oops:

We have to define what "positive" means already. The tracking of all of this has been haphazard to say the least.
Every single decision has essentially been made with smoke and mirrors to this point. Science and common sense are out the window.
They move the proverbial "goalposts" everyday with this, and I think that's more dangerous than the virus.
They'll do whatever they want with these leagues, and once again, they use them for social engineering as well. So go the sports teams, so go the rest of us.

Meanwhile, the treasury is being pilfered.

Gotta hope the Golf Channel doesn't keep showing soccer on Sundays! :oops:

haha, I turned on the TV yesterday and seen soccer and thought "why in the F is it on this channel?" and it was on the golf channel lol I was like...the f?

How is the Marlins' AAA roster?

i just don't see large team sports doing this without significant impact from covid 19...too many variables when you're managing a team of 20+ people and however many suuport personnel with that team.

Between cheating and knealing, I'm pretty much done with the Astros specifically and the NFL & MLB generally.

At this point, I don't think anyone really knows but probably the MLB and NFL are going to have issues because they aren't playing in a bubble and theres just too much chance of transmission.
I find it interesting that in Europe, soccer was able to restart and go on with very little issues but those countries are also a lot smaller than the U.S. is. I just think its only a matter of time before it all blows up and they have to start cancelling games. Its already happening with MLB and its a near certainty that its going to happen with football too. Theres just too much physical contact with football and as a country, we still just aren't taking COVID seriously. Many still have the opinion that you will be sick for a couple weeks and then be fine and that just isn't always the case.

I was kind of surprised that baseball ran into such big issues so quickly. But because they did, I don't think they have much of a prayer of playing a "full" 60 game season. The NFL (and CFB) stand absolutely no chance because of the roster size and the amount of person to person constant contact. I seriously doubt either starts anytime soon. Don't care about the NFL but will REALLY miss CFB (and MLB when it shuts down).

I said it a while ago....is any of this worth it? And I love sports, esp baseball. But man it really doesn't bode well for the fall sports if this thing is going to get worse as predicted.

Back