Intetesting.

I saw the putter when I played with @billyh at the beginning of the month and it looked pretty good. Billy doesn't have one but he saw it too.

This is getting beyond stupid.

They apparently have seen a market for it. So good on them to make some money .... just won't be getting any from me. :ROFLMAO:

some people just want to see the world burn

These will be good starter wedges for someone. ;)

This is getting beyond stupid.

Well, they will sell out in seconds... How is that stupid?? Can't blame them for capitalizing..

just in case you were wondering.. They are made from STEEL.. LOL. Thats a relief, I was thinking plastic for a min..

1595945327909.png

Well, they will sell out in seconds... How is that stupid?? Can't blame them for capitalizing..
Because I believe it’s stupid.

I can make something and limit the **** out of the stock and sell out too.

Plus, it’s a disservice to the companies who bust their ass doing R&D, in my opinion.

Costco could sell anything with the Kirkland label on it. Bit that doesn’t mean they should.

Because I believe it’s stupid.

I can make something and limit the **** out of the stock and sell out too.

Plus, it’s a disservice to the companies who bust their ass doing R&D, in my opinion.

Haha. I agree with most of that. But, someone is doing the R&D for them. They will be sold at a decent price so there is a market for it. These guys are kind of the anti PXG in some ways.

Oh good god.

Gonna hold my breath and maybe say they have a graphite shafted version too, and that stamp was more for photo purposes. Because... I just don’t want to shake my head at how dumb this wedge is

Haha. I agree with most of that. But, someone is doing the R&D for them. They will be sold at a decent price so there is a market for it. These guys are kind of the anti PXG in some ways.
No they’re not, not true R&D.

This is true. Even blanked open catalogue wedges had R&D at some point. Some brands get praised for that I guess. Not my thing, that’s for sure

This is true. Even blanked open catalogue wedges had R&D at some point. Some brands get praised for that I guess. Not my thing, that’s for sure
I don’t consider foundry blanks R&D.

But, we do know some companies have in the past.

if you sell it, they will buy it

These honestly remind me of some of the wedges for sale on alibaba.com. They are more than likely getting them for $3-$4 a head from one of the thousands of manufacturers over there and having their name stamped on the back. I can do the same with whatever logo I want. The only difference is that I’m buying them 100 at a time and they are buying them thousands at a time.

While I may not agree with the release, can't knock the hustle. It's capitalism at it's finest and I am sure they know the demand is there. Who am I to tell someone how to spend their money, just because I won't be spending mine.

No they’re not, not true R&D.

I am not sure what you mean threre.. Listen, I am not interested in this wedge. You and I are on the same team there and probably the whole. But, I am not sure how Kirkland sources these wedges. Are they expired patents? Did the outsource someone/ some company to design and make them? The putter was incorrectly associated with Odyssey but someone designed and made it. WHo?

I am super curious about the process and the biz around these releases. Not so much the product itself.

Back