Fujikura Ventus Shafts

My Blue 5R is not tipped and perfect. Of course I'm the 95-99mph guy so no need really. :)

So a super small fraction of golfers need to do that 🤣

But, on the internet everyone does think that they swing 110 at times ;)

Only on my off days.. Or after doing leg day at the gym.

My Blue came from TaylorMade and they tip it 1" as a standard.

I bought the red off a friend and it just happens to also be tipped 1".

TBH, I prob wouldn't have tipped either of them for my speed (around 110 to 113 with driver), but they seem ok for me. Very smooth shafts.

Ventus Blue 6X with the inch tipping is a big boy shaft. The Red 7X (also tipped an inch) seems to be a better fit for me.

I'm guessing there is something in the butt section being stiffer in the Red that works well for me. With the blue, I seem to get lost at times in transition. When my timing is really good, it is phenomenal, but when I'm quick, I lose it more than the red 7X.

Ventus Blue 6X with the inch tipping is a big boy shaft. The Red 7X (also tipped an inch) seems to be a better fit for me.

I'm guessing there is something in the butt section being stiffer in the Red that works well for me. With the blue, I seem to get lost at times in transition. When my timing is really good, it is phenomenal, but when I'm quick, I lose it more than the red 7X.
I've got an untipped blue 6x and was looking to tip trim...id be glad to swap Blue's if you want

I plugged the Ventus Red back in the Mavrik, and I think that's the optimal combo for me. I sometimes hit it too high, but all of my longest drives have been with the Red, presumably due to longer carry. Really love these shafts.

Only hit about 20 balls at the range so far, but the Ventus Red 7X in my Sim Ti 5 wood looks to to be a winning combo. Feel very stable yet launches well.

Now I'm looking to buy a 6X Red for my driver.

Have been reading with interest but, unless I missed it somewhere along the line, how much of a difference is there with the Velocore shaft (other than price, of course)?

Only hit about 20 balls at the range so far, but the Ventus Red 7X in my Sim Ti 5 wood looks to to be a winning combo. Feel very stable yet launches well.

Now I'm looking to buy a 6X Red for my driver.
Ventus red is a phenomenal fairway wood shaft.

On an unrelated point. Has anyone noticed the finish on their Ventus being less than stellar? It doesn't bother me really as it doesn't effect playability. But, both Ventus shafts have some pretty good scratches in the finish. And I've babied them pretty good.

On an unrelated point. Has anyone noticed the finish on their Ventus being less than stellar? It doesn't bother me really as it doesn't effect playability. But, both Ventus shafts have some pretty good scratches in the finish. And I've babied them pretty good.

I’ve had no such issue with mine although I’ve probably had fewer rounds than you. Hope that’s not a bigger issue since they will really show up on that dark finish.

I’ve had no such issue with mine although I’ve probably had fewer rounds than you. Hope that’s not a bigger issue since they will really show up on that dark finish.
It could be just me. Maybe a rogue rivet in my bag that I can't see.

It could be just me. Maybe a rogue rivet in my bag that I can't see.
I've had mine in play now for a few months and haven't seen any issues as of yet anyway.

Mine still looks good; no issues yet! I would contact the oem if it comes to that

Mine still looks good; no issues yet! I would contact the oem if it comes to that
It's just paint, I don't think it'll come to that.

there was a sim max driver in the used bin, with a red, that was calling to me...even after i left the store :rolleyes:

this shaft needs two threads, velcore and non lol

Have been reading with interest but, unless I missed it somewhere along the line, how much of a difference is there with the Velocore shaft (other than price, of course)?

When I was testing the Max, initially tried it with the non-VeloCore version before actually buying the real one (Blue 6X & 7X). Couldn't tell any difference. Ultimately went with the Diamana S+ since the Ventus was too low spinning for me. Even with the MCA shaft also being the "made for" version, it's pretty nice too, echoing the same concept with the Fujikura shaft. TaylorMade did a decent job with these this year. There's a TXG video where they tested both Ventus versions and didn't see much difference either - other than the price.

Curious of anyone switched from a Project X Green 6.0 (stiff), 55 gram to a Ventus Blue and what shaft profile did you find the best. I am not sure if I am 5R, 5S or 6R or 6S. No where up here to do any testing. Appreciate any experiences.

I think the red model Ventus deserves way more attention and love than it gets. If you tip it correctly, its pretty fantastical.

I think the red model Ventus deserves way more attention and love than it gets. If you tip it correctly, its pretty fantastical.
I think it’s fits more people than the other two when it comes to mortals, but it’s not the one on tv or in tour bags so the black and blue are where people naturally flock.

I still think a 7x Red Velocore could be a dream 3w shaft.

it might be one of the most perfect fairway shafts i’ve ever tried. with tipping ive heard you can make it super stiff.

I think it’s fits more people than the other two when it comes to mortals, but it’s not the one on tv or in tour bags so the black and blue are where people naturally flock.

I still think a 7x Red Velocore could be a dream 3w shaft.
It is....
EBE8FD01-0781-40DA-AA03-103DA59AE008.jpegFEDD41D2-8606-4F54-9A3C-EB142D467C80.jpeg0A098FD2-45B5-4B2D-81DD-E01499D40DB4.jpeg

Wow these really have me intrigued to say the least. How much kick through impact does the Red and Blue have? I know both have quite stable tips and handles.

I absolutely LOOOOOVE the Ventus Black in driver. The Blues in my fairways are awesome as well. I think I NEED the new hybrid shaft. The stability I'm getting out of these shafts is so welcome and they still have great feel. I originally tried the Blue in driver, but it was a little too active for me. Overall, I'm extremely happy with this family of shafts.

unfortunately my love for the Ventus shafts is over .... At my recent fitting I found a different shaft for both driver and 3w simply works for me better

no doubt the velocore is legit. Very stable at the tip and really minimizes any wild shots. I wouldn't say the blue has a strong kick but definitely more noticeable than the black. These 3 shafts will fit a wide range of players!

if you try these you won't be disappointed

Back