I did a thing. And it follows me around the course like a drunk toddler.
We need some video proof!!!!! Cmon man hook us up here.

We need some video proof!!!!! Cmon man hook us up here.
I’ll take one this week, no problem. Today was the first rodeo and it was a big adjustment. It was a distraction for the first 9 or so holes today. It’s a whole new routine so I was a bit busy mentally. My golf suffered a bit too because of it.

But once I got into a rhythm with, the follow is great for the most part. Seriously though - drunk toddler.

I’ll take one this week, no problem. Today was the first rodeo and it was a big adjustment. It was a distraction for the first 9 or so holes today. It’s a whole new routine so I was a bit busy mentally. My golf suffered a bit too because of it.

But once I got into a rhythm with, the follow is great for the most part. Seriously though - drunk toddler.
I bet it was!!! I can see where it might be hard to concentrate on golf and wonder if it is following like it is supped to. Looking forward to the video, thanks..
What bag are you using on it? Would a stand bag work on it or a cart bag be better?

That's a nope. Too much money. Front wheels are too small and won't do well over rough ground.
I agree. The new MGI Navigator All Terrain has two independent rotating front wheels. Much better for hills and rough terrain. And with Gyro navigation, remote control, 5th wheel, 36 hole lithium battery, seat with storage, umbrella and accessory holder it cost me $1400 shipped. 2 year warranty.

I bet it was!!! I can see where it might be hard to concentrate on golf and wonder if it is following like it is supped to. Looking forward to the video, thanks..
What bag are you using on it? Would a stand bag work on it or a cart bag be better?
My normal Vessel stand bag (with the feet closed and locked) is what I used but any bag will work. I have tested a stand and a cart. I’ll try a staff bag too at some point

Ordered one on a Monday and had it Friday, had a Powakaddy on back order, glad I found Foreflight. I love this cart, has everything you could want in a power cart. The follow mode is awesome. Haven’t used the remote at all other than pushing the F button on it, stays on your belt the whole time. The other great thing is that when you have it stoped and you push the minus button it disengages the motors and is free wheeling. My buddy just bought the Stewart X9 non follow and has to do everything with the remote, seems like it is always in his hand.

Jim

I’ve enjoyed the heck out of my first few weeks with the ForeCaddy and I have to commend Foresight for being responsive. It has a few issues that could be improved and I emailed Foresight late one night at just short of 10pm with some feedback. I got an email back twenty minutes later from a very senior member of the company with a super detailed explanation of what they were working on and that they already had some fixes to ship to owners soon.

I’ve enjoyed the heck out of my first few weeks with the ForeCaddy and I have to commend Foresight for being responsive. It has a few issues that could be improved and I emailed Foresight late one night at just short of 10pm with some feedback. I got an email back twenty minutes later from a very senior member of the company with a super detailed explanation of what they were working on and that they already had some fixes to ship to owners soon.
I’m thinking about ordering one. Would you recommend doing so now or waiting for them to work out the bugs?

I’m thinking about ordering one. Would you recommend doing so now or waiting for them to work out the bugs?
That’s really tough to say. With the discount still going, it’s tough to ignore. The improvements I want made are nibbling around the edges - better magnet mount, better umbrella friction mount, etc. These “issues” are mostly just slight redesigns for accessories that if they do it, they should be able to ship and we can replace. The firmware can be updated regardless of when you buy (and they are working on improved follow and remote features). The follow works great, power assist is good once you learn to use it, but the remote mode stinks right now. They are redesigning the way remote works to fix the issues they know of and all this comes as a firmware update (it’s as easy and downloading a file and using the USB they ship with the device).

I’m happy I didn’t wait and bought with the discount because the growing pains have been pretty darn minimal and they have been super responsive behind the scenes. But it is a chunk of cash either way, so waiting isn’t a bad idea if you don’t like being on the bleeding edge. There are minor issues to work out but I love this thing.

Thanks @Molten for the honest assessment. I have a GC2 and foresight has always been very responsive with that When I’ve run into issues, which is why I am really considering this cart. I have a clicgear but really want an electric one that follows me. I’ve been very underwhelmed with the aftermarket conversion kits for the clic Gear. The Forecaddy checks the boxes for what I’m looking for. I really want to walk my course this time of year but it’s a lot of effort to push a cart due to the unbearable humidity. I sweat like a Pig.

Thanks @Molten for the honest assessment. I have a GC2 and foresight has always been very responsive with that When I’ve run into issues, which is why I am really considering this cart. I have a clicgear but really want an electric one that follows me. I’ve been very underwhelmed with the aftermarket conversion kits for the clic Gear. The Forecaddy checks the boxes for what I’m looking for. I really want to walk my course this time of year but it’s a lot of effort to push a cart due to the unbearable humidity. I sweat like a Pig.
I came from 4 years with a clic gear and it’s a much more enjoyable round with this. I find I have a much more enjoyable round and am hunched over my cart less.

As a guy who sweats a lot in the hands and such, I mounted velcro on this cart and stick my gloves on it to dry out and stay in place and I rigged up a personal towel holder. Basically, when you don’t have to lift or push the bag, you can put extra weight in it. I regularly put 4-6 waters in the bag and extra stuff because it just doesn’t matter. But one big time warning - it will be a huge distraction your first round while you get used to it. But you will get the hang in the first nine holes and never worry about it again.

Purchased the forecaddy but was wondering if anyone new how to update the firmware on the controller and how to check if the update took?

Purchased the forecaddy but was wondering if anyone new how to update the firmware on the controller and how to check if the update took?
The remote doesn’t have new firmware yet.

I want one of these things.

Compared to the Stewart X9 follow and this new product, which one would you purchase? Which one would be better for the follow feature?

Compared to the Stewart X9 follow and this new product, which one would you purchase? Which one would be better for the follow feature?
Honestly not sure. Right now, cost and portability favor the Fore Caddy. The X9 is likely a bit more polished right now but the gap is closing.

So you would recommend waiting for those gaps to close? Because the reviews on the X9 are good, but nothing on the ForeCaddy. I want a cart with an excellent following feature.

So you would recommend waiting for those gaps to close? Because the reviews on the X9 are good, but nothing on the ForeCaddy. I want a cart with an excellent following feature.
The follow on the FC is the best mode for sure and it works great. I have only had one minor issue with it where the Bluetooth disconnected and I had to walk backward ten yards (oh the humanity!). FWIW, The latest firmware made the remote feature better but it still isn’t my favorite. The power assist is great - you walk behind to steer and it goes. I use PA when I can’t turn on follow, such as over bridges or up steep hills.

I should add, I’m not here to push one or the other. Both are very expensive and have their pros and cons. I think follow mode works well for both though

Excellent, thanks for the info. I guess ForeCaddie it is.

I had them price me one a few months ago. Just wonder how the smaller front wheels work on uneven terrain. It is at the top of my list for power push carts for sure.
My clicgear is getting worn out, so may look at this for a replacement next season.

i just received my forecaddy today, and im loving it so far. i have a couple questions. hope you guys can help,
the pull out knob right across from the raingefinder magnet.. what is it for? How do you store it? do you have to lay it on its wheels? my old walking cart i stood up in the garage. but this seems to only like it on its belly... lol
also LOVE LOVE LOVE the phone holder with the NFC charging and the auto close and open...
i got this right angle usb c cable that fits like a GLOVE.. ha ha with no slack..
https://amzn.to/3jsgUVk

I had them price me one a few months ago. Just wonder how the smaller front wheels work on uneven terrain. It is at the top of my list for power push carts for sure.
My clicgear is getting worn out, so may look at this for a replacement next season.
Little wheels haven’t been an issue for me at all. I had it tip over one time when I used follow where I shouldn’t have but otherwise it’s been good regardless.

i just received my forecaddy today, and im loving it so far. i have a couple questions. hope you guys can help,
the pull out knob right across from the raingefinder magnet.. what is it for? How do you store it? do you have to lay it on its wheels? my old walking cart i stood up in the garage. but this seems to only like it on its belly... lol
also LOVE LOVE LOVE the phone holder with the NFC charging and the auto close and open...
i got this right angle usb c cable that fits like a GLOVE.. ha ha with no slack..
The pull out knob adjusts where the top of your bag sits (it has three slots that can make it more upright). I store mine on all four wheels. And pro tip - put a piece of Velcro on the side of the score card holder so your glove can stick there while you walk.

ust an update. IF ANYONE is contemplating purchasing a forecaddy.. DO NOT, i have had issues from day one with mine, on my maiden voyage... it changed direction about 4 times and started chasing someone else down the fairway.. the remote rubber was falling off, the rangefinder mount fell off. I contacted foresight sports the address the issues, and on the back end they contacted moto golf to tell them it was operator error.... being that it stated clearly that it was NOT RETURNABLE i threw away the box.... so i did cause i didn't expect it to be in beta.. not just the software but the hardware also... after trying to update the cart 15x on my mac.. and the remote 5x the software on the remote magically disappeared.. now i was really pissed. I finally got a call from motogolf stating that it is only a cart and expected to have a few issues and to just deal with it... (really? a 2k cart) then she "JAN" said that they will provide a label to ship it back and get a refund. i told her that i rather have a new working unit, bear in mind that this was 3 days old... so anyway, i got a call from foresight supervisor Matt, who walked me thru and took over my neighbors PC computer to update the remote. so now the remote worked again.... next day. last friday i took it out for its 2nd round, but this time i was ready to document the issues.... I pull it out of my vehicle and turn it on.. push the + arrow... and lo and behold, nothing, push it 10x more times and still nothing.... now im documenting it. now on the course, im in drive mode D.. i push the joystick forward to get it going and wow.. nothing happening... now im pressing the minus button 100x and its not going into free mode...
now we get to the emails and videos back to foresight.. after 2 days i emailed again asking what is going on..
rather then me interpret it i will just paste it here for you to read.
Matt Gargula - Supervisor (Foresight Sports)
Sep 10, 2020, 18:17 PDT
Hi Tobias,

In our previous message I had offered return instructions for your ForeCaddy.

The warranty policy covers all non-damage related failures and shipping back to you once the item has been fully repaired.

This policy is published for everyone should you want to review it under item #10 on the ForeCaddy Guide: https://www.foresightsports.com/forecaddy-guide

Once we get the device in house we can get it back to working order and have you up and running again.

Thanks,
Mgargula_Sig_250x100.jpg
this is the email i received from him.

this is my reply
Matt hi
if it was over 30 days old or 3-4 months old sure i would agree
but being that it had issues from day 1 i really have to disagree with this policy and the customer service
at this point I’m really disappointed with the service that i have received and would rather just return the forecaddy for a refund.
which i was offered by Jan from Motogolf, where i purchased it from. its really sad since i really liked the unit, but not the service that i received
for a 2k cart..
Please provide the shipping label and i will find a box to return the unit in. and don’t worry i will pack it well that there will not be any physical damage to the unit.
I am cc this email to motogolf so they are aware of the situation.
thanks again
Tobias
I also dont appreciate the talk behind the scenes that its operator error. and the unit is working properly. I was a mechanical engineer prior to becoming a photographer, I am literate on how to operate things. what i am referring to is the talk between foresight and motogolf…
please send me the shipping label and i will have it shipped the same or next business day.
TObias

then i get this one back....

Hi Tobias,

I am sorry that we could not have the opportunity to repair the item and return it to you. I really do believe once the warranty repairs had been completed that you would have enjoyed the cart.

Unfortunately, our warranty does not provide return labels.

Once we receive the device back with all accessories, and in its original packaging, we will put it through a quick inspection to be sure there are no damages to the return. Once this passes inspection we will release the refund to you per our refund policy.

This RMA number will be used to track your device throughout the return process:

Ship Serial# 0380 back to Foresight Sports using the RMA# 39503

To qualify for a refund the return must strictly follow these items:

All devices MUST be shipped in original packaging to when it was receive to be refunded.

Please note the RMA number on the external packaging slip of the shipment. Do not write on the box itself.

Ship to the address below INCLUDING ALL ORIGINAL ACCESSORIES.

Any damaged items will be deducted from the amount refunded. Failed items, covered under the manufacture warranty, are excluded from this notice.

MY REPLY
matt hi
i was told via Jan from Moot golf that someone will provide a label, and like i stated below, the damn thing is ONE WEEK OLD. its NOT a car that needs to go in for repair… its a TWO THOUSAND dollar golf cart… that did not work properly out of the box. and should have been replaced.
and any box is OK as long as it arrives to you or whomever in tact.
please advise before i start posting on the bulletin boards my experiences with this ordeal
BTW i will not iie on my reviews but i will be 100% truthful on my entire experience with the videos that i provided to you and our and all customer service correspondence.
thanks again for your rapid reply. and i hope Jan chimes in to this email thread soon since she is an integral part of this point of the return.
Tobias
then his...
Hi Tobias,

I am sorry this has been a frustrating experience so far.

We have appealed your case to our manufacturing partner and they have agreed to offer a return label if you allow us to repair the cart and return it to you, avoiding the refund. The policy we have been abiding by is set by them and we are unable to make these accommodations without approval.

As I mentioned before, this is a great cart and we have had a lot of positive feedback so far from our ForeCaddy customers. I would really like to get it working for you and to help change your opinion of the product. I think you would really enjoy it!

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks,
my last reply to him
Matt hi
I dont want a repair at this point.
totally disgusted with this treatment.
if you can’t send a NEW cart then i want a refund. and im even scared at this point and treatment that i even want a replacement.
Tobias

Back