Golf products that have made you eat crow?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking about this today as I used a product that I absolutely poo-poo’d upon its release, but absolutely love it now.

What are some products you dismissed or belittled, only to later have to eat some crow?

Thinking about this today as I used a product that I absolutely poo-poo’d upon its release, but absolutely love it now.

What are some products you dismissed or belittled, only to later have to eat some crow?
What was the product you used?

I guess the closest for me would be vibration reducing technology for steel shafts. I don't know exactly how it dampens the vibrations, but I think it works!

• Staff
Fine. I’ll go. :ROFLMAO:

7CC83454-AFCC-41DE-8285-4A13825CF535.jpeg

I freaking love Pix 2.0.

I talked some HARD **** on them upon release, but holy **** I love them on the course and the greens. For me, the alignment is the real deal. Considering hard making the move to them as my go-to. :oops:

View attachment 8955755

I freaking love Pix 2.0.

I talked some HARD **** on them upon release, but holy **** I love them on the course and the greens. For me, the alignment is the real deal. Considering hard making the move to them as my go-to. :oops:
Too much way too much going on with that ball in order to concentrate
Whew!

TOUR EDGE

Completely 180 then another 360 for me. They make a great product and im fortunate to find out how good their product really is. Look forward to bagging more!

similar here - except triple track. i love the immediate (and super easy to read) feedback from these balls.

For me its non major OEM brands, specifically in this case KZG. I saw the release of their Tri-Tour irons, read the THP review, and still had zero real interest in them. Looks weren't my favorite either, but then a set fell into my lap. I just went out and shot my best round ever with them in my bag. Now my Srixon 565/765 set, which lots of people here love, have been relegated to my back up set.

the alignment is the real deal
Fowler rolled a putt at Seminole that was filmed on the perfect line, and it left someone on the NBC telecast very impressed (Jacobson, maybe?), only they didn't say much more about it. It raised my interest level in it, too.

Range finder. I thought they were a waste of money when I could guesstimate from course markings. Now I can't play without one.

View attachment 8955755

I freaking love Pix 2.0.

TP5's are really good balls too.

hybrids in general.
Me too. Used to pull the tat out of them. Moved them to the middle of my stance learned not to grip them closed and now I rocket launch both of the ones I carry. I love hybrids.

Not sure I belittled it, but the Chrome Soft. I hated the previous version and absolutely love the 2020 model. Only one ball is better in my mind. Over testing time that’s open to change as I continue to work on my swing.

For me it was the Srixon Z Star series balls. Didn't think it could be the real deal. But it is. Love these balls.

The Heavenwood from Callaway. I said I would never get so old that I needed a Heavenwood and now it is one of the best clubs in my bag.

I played most of my good golf from 19-25 with a $29.99 Walmart putter and hit it well, Tiger Shark maybe. Totally dismissed higher end putters as “how can technology help this club?”

Now that I have (many, lol) one in my bag, I can definitely see how the tech helps.

But it was amusing hitting that solid bronze thing off the tee, it was a tank. I won some money off of guys hitting it well from a tee like a driver. “You’ll never clear that lake!” Yeah, wanna bet? Lol.

I will not be doing that with my Circle T. That’s totally ignoring that I’m not good enough to do that any more too. But even if I was I’m not with that club. Nope.

Does wearing a golf glove count? I've never worn a glove (from baseball batting glove in my youth to golf glove today) but with the weather being so humid here lately I just couldn't keep a grip on my clubs. Although I never wear a glove I do have a couple in my bag (don't ask) I put one on for a couple of rounds and WOW, what a difference! I do not take it off for putting though and it makes no difference. I'm still averaging 31 putts a round and i honestly don't feel like playing the on/off game all round with it.

Does wearing a golf glove count? I've never worn a glove (from baseball batting glove in my youth to golf glove today) but with the weather being so humid here lately I just couldn't keep a grip on my clubs. Although I never wear a glove I do have a couple in my bag (don't ask) I put one on for a couple of rounds and WOW, what a difference! I do not take it off for putting though and it makes no difference. I'm still averaging 31 putts a round and i honestly don't feel like playing the on/off game all round with it.

If you are a heavy sweater, you’ll understand the on/off game. Or you can throw 18 of them in your bag and wear a fresh one every hole. Life is full of choices. Hot rounds I will rotate them every 3 holes, hanging the ones not in play from the cart if I’m riding to dry them. If it’s that hot, I’m riding anyways for sure.

For me its non major OEM brands, specifically in this case KZG. I saw the release of their Tri-Tour irons, read the THP review, and still had zero real interest in them. Looks weren't my favorite either, but then a set fell into my lap. I just went out and shot my best round ever with them in my bag. Now my Srixon 565/765 set, which lots of people here love, have been relegated to my back up set.
You’re welcome. :ROFLMAO:

It’s why I wish more wouldn’t overlook some review threads based on brand alone! ;)

Sure it does!

The Heavenwood from Callaway. I said I would never get so old that I needed a Heavenwood and now it is one of the best clubs in my bag.
Embracing the AWESOME!

Nothing old about ease, launch, and distance!

You’re welcome. :ROFLMAO:

It’s why I wish more wouldn’t overlook some review threads based on brand alone! ;)
I try to be open minded, but brand bias always creeps in.

blades. I had no interest in playing butter knives and now I cannot imagine playing anything else right now other than MP20s.

Back