Golf products that have made you eat crow?

I try to be open minded, but brand bias always creeps in.
It’s all gravy! I just knew I could break you on this one! Haha, those irons are the real deal!

C3i Wedges (and other wedges in that vein - Callaway's Sure Out and Sure Out 2, Cleveland Smart Sole). They look somewhat gimmicky.. but they work for extremely high handicappers (I still have a Sure Out 2 that I rotate in occasionally when my bunker play stinks).

It’s all gravy! I just knew I could break you on this one! Haha, those irons are the real deal!
They sure are!

I would have to say the lie machine. I never really thought about lie affecting the shot with my irons until I got a set of Callaway X-14's where the lie was a bit too upright. I would flush a shot and it would often go left on me. Shaking my head. What the heck? Never dawned on me to have them adjusted. Never had the problem with Wilson Staffs, MacGregor Tourneys, etc. So, I thought irons were irons. Got fitted for a set of Taylormade Tour Preferred CB's and we ordered 1 degree flat. The misses left went completely away. Duh!

Fine. I’ll go. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8955755

I freaking love Pix 2.0.

I talked some HARD **** on them upon release, but holy **** I love them on the course and the greens. For me, the alignment is the real deal. Considering hard making the move to them as my go-to. :oops:
I knew it! LOL

Honestly it's the ProV1 for me. Before I was good you could not have convinced me that a golfer can "feel" a golf ball. Now you can't convince me otherwise.

I actually want to try these as well. Would save me a lot of time marking mine up

I played most of my good golf from 19-25 with a $29.99 Walmart putter and hit it well, Tiger Shark maybe. Totally dismissed higher end putters as “how can technology help this club?”

Now that I have (many, lol) one in my bag, I can definitely see how the tech helps.

But it was amusing hitting that solid bronze thing off the tee, it was a tank. I won some money off of guys hitting it well from a tee like a driver. “You’ll never clear that lake!” Yeah, wanna bet? Lol.

I will not be doing that with my Circle T. That’s totally ignoring that I’m not good enough to do that any more too. But even if I was I’m not with that club. Nope.
From a $29.99 Walmart special a Circle T. That's what I call positive growth :cool:

If you are a heavy sweater, you’ll understand the on/off game. Or you can throw 18 of them in your bag and wear a fresh one every hole. Life is full of choices. Hot rounds I will rotate them every 3 holes, hanging the ones not in play from the cart if I’m riding to dry them. If it’s that hot, I’m riding anyways for sure.

So you're saying that you sweat through the glove or just inside the glove? I haven't noticed either but I think as long as the outside of my glove isn't wet then I'll be able to hang onto the club just fine if it's just sweat inside.

I have two that come to mind. The first is the PM Grind. I just couldn't get over how ugly it was, that is until I actually tried it and now you can't pry it out of my hands.

The second would be SeeMore putters. I always thought they were kind of ugly and gimmicky but by God they work. I'd recommend everyone to try one.

From a $29.99 Walmart special a Circle T. That's what I call positive growth :cool:

Lol! There are a lot of others in between when I realized my raw talents weren’t in line with my perceived talents when I came back to the game after about 10 years away.

Let’s just say I like adjustable weights on a putter. It’s probably more mental than anything but I’ve cured my putting woes 300x just by changing the weights around. For a round.

So you're saying that you sweat through the glove or just inside the glove? I haven't noticed either but I think as long as the outside of my glove isn't wet then I'll be able to hang onto the club just fine if it's just sweat inside.

Yes. Once the inside is wet and slimy, it doesn’t slip on the grip, it slips on my hand. Which causes some swing irregularities, never a good thing for the club to slide down a 1/2” heading into impact.

But I sweat, a lot.

I honestly cant think of any. I poo pooed the Odyssey Triple Track putters when they came out and tried one and hated it.
I still don't like hybrid irons even though Ive tried various ones, same with mallet putters.
It would kind of be nice if I could be proven wrong because it would make it more fun to try new gear but I guess that Ive been playing golf long enough now that I know what I like, don't like and what works and doesn't for me. 🤷‍♂️

I honestly cant think of any. I poo pooed the Odyssey Triple Track putters when they came out and tried one and hated it.
I still don't like hybrid irons even though Ive tried various ones, same with mallet putters.
It would kind of be nice if I could be proven wrong because it would make it more fun to try new gear but I guess that Ive been playing golf long enough now that I know what I like, don't like and what works and doesn't for me. 🤷‍♂️
I do believe if one sets their mind hard enough, nothing will surprise them because they’re never going to let anything surprise them.

When the Arccos smart grips were announced, I thought there was no way I would switch from the screw-in sensors. Now that I have the cobra connect grips, I like them a lot more than the screw-in sensors.

Vokey wedges. I never saw the allure or draw for the longest time but the SM7s have been in my bag for a long time. They might have met their match recently but they took down all comers after I poo pooed them for a while.

I thought the Medicus iron was completely stupid when it came out.
I wanted a more consistent swing, and borrowed a friend's father's Medicus.
Boom new swing. It really forced me to change things.

Years later I may not have that same swing, but the consistency it gave me really allowed me to score lower at the time.

Aluminum putters. Didn’t really poo poo on it, but I just didn't believe the hype on it. I went from a less expensive milled mild steel to a quality aluminum. Wow, what a difference.

Triple track on a putter, I thought that wouldn’t work well. I was wrong.

An all white driver head. No way I’ll bag that. Oops

I do believe if one sets their mind hard enough, nothing will surprise them because they’re never going to let anything surprise them.
That can be true but isn't in my case. I'm pretty open minded. I don't really care about brand. It all about what works.
Before last year, I'd never gave much thought to Tommy Armour but had the chance to test them. After doing some research, I became a big fan. If I were closed-minded, I would never have given them a chance.
Even with the triple track stuff, I really wanted to like it but it just wasn't for me and the technology just doesn't work for me. I still think that DART was far superior to triple track. Oh well, to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I won't say I poo poo'd it, but cbx wedges... sort of secretly scoffed and thought I'd never try one... Did. Bought it. Love it. Favorite club.

triple track putters. i thought the first leaked pics looked so cheap. in person i love every model.

Fine. I’ll go. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8955755

I freaking love Pix 2.0.

I talked some HARD **** on them upon release, but holy **** I love them on the course and the greens. For me, the alignment is the real deal. Considering hard making the move to them as my go-to. :oops:
Interesting. :unsure:

This isn’t very radical, but Code Chaos shoes. I always wanted spikes, feeling like I needed the stability. I am so glad I took a chance.

I never thought the game would be the same when they banned metal spikes, that soft spikes wouldn't be as good. Wrong.

I thought oversized putter grips were a gimmick. Wrong again.

I thought colored golf balls would make the game too mini-golf-ey. Wrong-O. It's made the game more enjoyable because it's easier to see/find my bloody ball.

I thought a ball as inexpensive as the Wilson Staff Duo couldn't possibly be that good. Mistaken yet again.

Back