First Look: Cobra KING Utility Iron

First time ever using this was on a 410 yd tight tree lined par 4.... after that 1 tee ball it’s my favorite club in the bag! Effortless to hit, feels amazing, and went a long ways! Paired with a SteelFiber 110, this has the best flight from a 2 utility ever

I’ve played both 790 UDI’s, srixon u85, g410 crossover, new level 4995..... only hit 3 balls with this today and it’s better than them all. Off the tee box I didn’t even use a tee. Easy to elevate but stayed on a low piercing flight that I like from this spot in my bag

I was in a rush so didn’t add it as “2i” (re paired it as 5w to keep data)

Last pic is a bad angle but it’s from that 10th hole won’t the 2i (5w) going 268. 3w was only 1 yard ahead of the 2i

f6cb9bfccf1fbae454709f55c027fc68.jpg

7508df14c532d20515140a06b06159c8.jpg

5f08dfab8e1a0bb27d08d1b462e904b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good. Not sure adjustable loft is needed for a club like this. The finished product reminds me of old fitting clubs that you would use to get fit and then they'd order the real deal in your specs. It would be cheaper to manufacture, and for the consumer as well.
I'd obsess the shaft was not in proper alignment and would have to pull the tip and get the shaft aligned in the proper orientation.
I'd rather have properly oriented shafts in clubs and the loft and lies tweaked than all these clunky-ish adapters.
It's too big box golf store for me, besides. It was meant to bypass many small biz in the industry, unfortunately. (n)

I keep thinking about this to drop in, in place of my FT 5 iron. I need about 5 more yards out of that spot to cover my gaps correctly. This might be the answer.

I keep thinking about this to drop in, in place of my FT 5 iron. I need about 5 more yards out of that spot to cover my gaps correctly. This might be the answer.
Get the 4UT and it will do just that from what I am seeing. It will be higher launching and be softer landing into greens as well.

Do you still have the Epic Forged 5i?? I had the epic 4i for a brief moment and didnt care for it. I believe it was at 18* while my 2u is 17.5. I love the ability to adjust the Forged Tec utility and it will be an awesome club for me

I hit one about an inch behind the ball yesterday, took a divot, and it still flew out there only 12 yards shorter than the other 2 times I used it

I finally got one of these in my hands. Wow, love on the very first swing.

It showed up at my door this afternoon. It’s the 4, with a Catalyst 80 graphite shaft. I put it in the bag and headed to the course, not even a practice swing.

My home course has a long par 3 on the front 9. Today, my rangefinder told me the hole was about 211 yards out. I thought, what the heck, let’s give it a shot. I didn’t know if I would get it there. It launched HIGH. It felt great, just like the Forged Tec irons. I ended up about 20 feet back of the pin, on line. This fits a spot perfectly in my bag. I am stoked.

Do you still have the Epic Forged 5i?? I had the epic 4i for a brief moment and didnt care for it. I believe it was at 18* while my 2u is 17.5. I love the ability to adjust the Forged Tec utility and it will be an awesome club for me

I hit one about an inch behind the ball yesterday, took a divot, and it still flew out there only 12 yards shorter than the other 2 times I used it

I still have it. Sorry, I just saw this.

The King Utility is easier to use for me than the Epic Forged 5i. It also is a bit longer.

This thing is still performing. Easy to hit and goes forever. Really glad I went ahead and got this over the 5 wood. Haven’t tried it off the deck yet. Probably just for tee shots.

The King Utility is easier to use for me than the Epic Forged 5i. It also is a bit longer.
I would back all of this up.

Plus, feels better than the Epic Forged by a longshot as well.

This club is stunningly good for me. Off the tee or deck, it is such an easy club to use. I have the 4 and have played it at both extremes of its loft. It doesn’t really change anything in terms of ease of use. Some utilities really require a faster swing to make the club work. I think this one works well for more moderate swing speeds.

This club is stunningly good for me. Off the tee or deck, it is such an easy club to use. I have the 4 and have played it at both extremes of its loft. It doesn’t really change anything in terms of ease of use. Some utilities really require a faster swing to make the club work. I think this one works well for more moderate swing speeds.
very easy club to hit and probably most forgiving utility ive played...with the 2i its the lowest/flattest launch off the tee and I love it. Not sure if its the club head or the steelfiber in there but that combo is so fun to hit

I also love a 2 utility bc its my go to club for punch outs behind/under the trees lol

This might be my current favorite club in my bag. It is so easy to use and fills a real need where it sits in the bag.

I got this club about a month ago. Took the Forged Tec 4i out.

I had them put a Elevate 95 S300 shaft in for me.

a bit more inconsistent for me than theFT 4i - higher launch though.

It’s very streak for me

I turned it down to 21° seems to lose shots more right which makes sense. Definitely gives me confidence at address.

One shot today - missed the target but distance was 🔥🔥🔥 226 yards on Cobra Connect

FINALLY tracked down a 2U!

Bang for the buck is unbeatable imo, as these are heaters.

Ive had the 4U since February and it’s a fun club, but I’m wanting a lower loft and straight up tee monster. Should get that done with the 2U (y)

Putting this back in the bag for the round on Sunday, taking the set 4i out. I prefer the Elevate Shaft to the DG105

2-wiggle is en route.

I hit 145 ball speed with the 4U, what can I do with this? ;)

With the MIM Forged irons out, and offering the 3iron in sets curious to see the people who add or change bag setups and include this club

For those of you who have played these utilities, have you also played the speedzone 4 irons? I am lefty and the 2 utility is only available in 3 and 4, thinking about either getting the 3 and lofting it down to the 18 or getting a speedzone 4 iron and getting the loft at 17 degreees.

For those of you who have played these utilities, have you also played the speedzone 4 irons? I am lefty and the 2 utility is only available in 3 and 4, thinking about either getting the 3 and lofting it down to the 18 or getting a speedzone 4 iron and getting the loft at 17 degreees.

Yes, I prefer this with the Elevate 95 shaft to the Speedzone 4i with the Catalyst 80

However, I prefer the F9 4i with the Catalyst 80 to both this and the Speedzone 4i

*I only hit these off the tee

I have both, and had the same shaft setup (Catalyst 80 6.5) and hit them against each other off tee and turf. It’s all about skill set and what you want, as well as the look you like. I prefer the Tec UT because of the shape and setup look as well as the flatter flight. The SZ is prime for launch and speed.

Depends on what you are after. I found the SZ 4i to be hotter, launch higher, but difficult to play from turf. The 4UT is easier for me to play from the fairway, but it isn't as long. The FT 3UT could be the perfect compromise and they are easy to hit too.

Back