golfclubgb Online Handicap membership?

barrelMOnkey

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with using the golfclubgb.co.uk online membership that provides an official handicap.

My local golf course ended golf memberships over the winter and has changed to a full pay and play course, with a points system to bring in the money (buying points in bulk gets cheaper so your rounds cost less).

Never heard of them but I use the Grint and paid for a world handicap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Never heard of them but I use the Grint and paid for a world handicap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wasn't sure if the Grint worked for UK.

Also from what I could see there was no way to post scorecards after the fact. I use my Garmin watch to track my rounds so wouldn't want to have my phone out as well.

I have used online handicap services for about 15 years. Standardly sections of PGA have sites. I was in SFPGA, now VSGA.....South Florida PGA, Virginia State Golf Assoc. With each you join at a price that also includes handicap services and get discounted green fees in the area of coverage. I'm sure you have similar offers available. Whenever I visit a new golf club usually they have literature new the entrance. I always grab it and review it later. There are so many ways to acquire discounted play. The idea of bulk point purchase sounds interesting. If that course is one you will frequent often.

I have used online handicap services for about 15 years. Standardly sections of PGA have sites. I was in SFPGA, now VSGA.....South Florida PGA, Virginia State Golf Assoc. With each you join at a price that also includes handicap services and get discounted green fees in the area of coverage. I'm sure you have similar offers available. Whenever I visit a new golf club usually they have literature new the entrance. I always grab it and review it later. There are so many ways to acquire discounted play. The idea of bulk point purchase sounds interesting. If that course is one you will frequent often.

It's 400 yds from my house so I likely would. Admittedly after playing it the first time last night I didn't think much of the flow. The course feels very disjointed, for example the tee box for the 17th is just on the dogleg of the 16th. My tee shot on 16th actually ended on the 17th tee box so I can imagine having to wait for the 17th to clear before you can tee off on the 16th.

And most holes had a hefty walk to the next tee box rather than a natural flow.

Still. 400 yds from my house, and nice wildlife during the round!

Here's the score card for that course
IMG_20200801_130355.jpg

That 14 to 17 cluster looks hazardous. But I have played worse. When a course is in your back yard, you tend to deal with the minor issues...I walk courses often here which were built in housing developments and the green to next tee is often 1/4 mile or more...and more than a few times...

Back