Favorite Golf Ball

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have a favorite? New favorite? Really interested in hearing thought from those who enjoy trying new balls. Lots of great choices out there what are your preferences?

AVX is the current fave (moving the BXS out of that spot) but I'm waiting to see how the CSX plays/feels...

So far this year I’ve been pretty impressed with the new offerings that I’ve tried. I am not yet ready to say one is preferred. 2020 CS has been a big surprise for me. I didn’t like the previous version at all. The new version is one of my favorites. The other is the Tour BX. I really like both of these but the Bridgestone really impresses. I want to play each a bit longer as it’s only been a few rounds with each. Both are long, great around and on the green, and somewhat pricey. However, since I don’t seem to lose to many I’m willing to pay. My testing will continue.

I’m pretty aggressively the RXS right now with the PV1 as a backup. They just work too darn well for my game with my current swing

Tour BRX is absolutely my gamer right now but once I get my CSx to test, I'm hoping to turn it in to a competition!

Bridgestone Tour B RX. Been playing the RX line for 10+ years and will continue doing so as long as they keep making them.

Srixon Q-Star Tour The performance per dollar is unmatched! Especially when you get the BOGO deal!

2020 Chrome Soft then it would be the Tour B RXS

I’ve played most - was big QST and then Z Star last year. Really tried to like the CS but just can’t seem to score with it and have recently tried the B RX which for my game is outstanding; long and straight off the driver and very responsive off scoring clubs. For me, it’s a keeper.

Callaway Supersoft is still my #1, with the Srixon QST right at the top of the heap also. Been dallying a bit with the CS Truvis in yellow, even though it's more money than I usually spend for golf balls.

So far this year I’ve been pretty impressed with the new offerings that I’ve tried. I am not yet ready to say one is preferred. 2020 CS has been a big surprise for me. I didn’t like the previous version at all. The new version is one of my favorites. The other is the Tour BX. I really like both of these but the Bridgestone really impresses. I want to play each a bit longer as it’s only been a few rounds with each. Both are long, great around and on the green, and somewhat pricey. However, since I don’t seem to lose to many I’m willing to pay. My testing will continue.
I found BX to be a little longer then Chrome soft. Are you seeing this as well?

I started the year playing Tour BX but lost a lot of balls in quick order. Last round I played ProV1 from an old stash. Think That’s gonna be the ball for a while till I have to buy some new replacements.

I found BX to be a little longer then Chrome soft. Are you seeing this as well?

I started the year playing Tour BX but lost a lot of balls in quick order. Last round I played ProV1 from an old stash. Think That’s gonna be the ball for a while till I have to buy some new replacements.
Yeah the BX is a little longer than CS for me. Both are plenty long so that’s not and issue. I like both a lot. Right now I think I like BX a little more on short chips. The rest is pretty similar. I haven’t played the CS X and it is probably a better comparison to the BX. I’m a fan of the Z Star at a better price point, but both of these seem to have more jump off the club face.

Currently it's the Srixon Z-Star. However, I have a feeling that when I go to Phoenix next weekend to take my daughter to the airport and I have a chance to actually get my hands on some 2020 Chrome Soft in Truvis yellow that it's all going to change.

For me there is Triple Track and then everything else.

For me its been the Q-Star Tour, really good performance, and like @J.B. Cobb III said, by far the best bang for the buck. I'll be testing the new Chrome Softs soon, going to give them every chance to impress me like they have so many others around here.

I really love ProV1's. I have a dozen 2020 Chrome Soft's coming in for testing though. We shall see how I feel after putting them through the ropes. I liked previous versions of the Chrome Soft at times, but felt like they didn't stop on the green for me like I want.

Titleist Pro V1x for me. No matter what other balls I try, I always revert back to the Pro V1x in a proper round

I was a die hard Truvis fan until I played the Bridgestone E12 Soft. I also have 4 dozen Srixon Z Stars but they may not get much playing time since the E12 Soft seems to fit my current game so well.

All around? The Bridgestone Tour B XS is the best ball on the planet for me. For sheer genius? I’m in love with the Pix 2.0 TP5.

Q Star Tour. The price and performance can’t be beat.

Z-Star at $20 DZ, which can be found every year if you wait/look, then buy in bulk.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Titleist ProV1........ and I'm not that curious about trying other balls unless I find them on the course.

With that said, I'm quite sure there other balls just as good as the ProV1.

Callaway Supersoft, or Hex Tour Soft. Great feel, distance, spin and it gets along with the putter very well.

Back