If this has been mentioned, My apologies. I noticed that the putter sensor can be ordered with an adhesive, so that it will stick to the SuperStroke counterbalanced grips. That is a game changer, not having to jimmy rig something.

If this has been mentioned, My apologies. I noticed that the putter sensor can be ordered with an adhesive, so that it will stick to the SuperStroke counterbalanced grips. That is a game changer, not having to jimmy rig something.

I saw that too, not impressed with the price though, 3 tags for £19.99. I'm sticking to my cut off tag and taped to the top of the putter method

Just noticed too that it is back on pre order now for shipping in October. Seems like they have sold a stack of them, hopefully it gives them time to iron out the issues before the next batch is ready

Just received notification my V3 should be delivered by Wednesday. For those counting in Canada, that is 24 days from ordered to delivered. Not bad considering it is quoted as 3-6 weeks on their site. I will post impressions and experiences once I have it round-ready.

How far do you need to move it up to be classed as on the fairway?
I moved it about 40 yds down the fairway, and it listed Shot 2 as from a tee box. :confused2:

It was rough all around it, where it should be fairway. There's no tee within a hundred yards.

I need to ask them to flip the nines anyway. I'll ask about this and a couple other things.

1596412839345.png
One good thing about shot scope is that it has shown me that Yes my Epic Flash is is shorter off the tee. More rounds will need to come into play here but 3 rounds with each driver swapping back and for each round seems to have a pretty clear winner.

View attachment 8956038
One good thing about shot scope is that it has shown me that Yes my Epic Flash is is shorter off the tee. More rounds will need to come into play here but 3 rounds with each driver swapping back and for each round seems to have a pretty clear winner.
One of the best things of the system, especially for a club ho’. Wait until to have a couple of years under the system. It’s fun to go back to see what worked and what didn’t.

BTW: To the people new to the system, don’t delete clubs. Even if you trade them in. Always keep the data.

View attachment 8956038
Are those AVG, P-AVG or Longest?

72 holes in over the weekend and I had 4 missed shots. 2 of them were putts (tap-ins that the system counted as just one putt) and two chips. Easy misses in my book because of the small stroke being used for those. Really happy with the battery life as I played 36 holes on Saturday on a single charge and still had 27% battery life left. One thing I was wondering about was the ability to change the 'area' that you used a club from. Specifically using the putter from the fringe. I've tried moving it around a little a bit on the map and it seems to either show rough or green, no fringe or fairway surrounding the green.

That data that you can pull from this is amazing. I'm really enjoying that part of it. It's already got me thinking about certain clubs in my bag and whether or not they are doing the job I'm paying them to do.

I had my first misidentified shots yesterday. Twice the system got the location of a shot right but the club wrong. I really wonder if it’s a situation where it knows a shot happened based on hand motion and speed but it didn’t get the tag information so it does it’s best guess.

I emailed Shot Scope today to see if they have any plans to change the performance area to be able to select individual round(s) of data. Right now you can only select the last round, last 5 rds or last 15 rds.

A couple years ago Game Golf changed their interface to allow you to select date ranges or individual rounds. Made it really nice if you were trying to compare clubs over certain time periods. For example say you logged 20 rds and Rds 5, 7 and 12 were played in the rain. You could just select those rds vs the other 17 to see how your performance compared to crappy vs decent weather.

A while back I posted that my watch batt died and it did not record the last 4 holes. After manually entering in the hole info it did not appear to add my driver info into the performance metrics. I reached out to Shot Scope and we determined this was an error on my part. When I entered in those 4 hole it defaulted to the first driver I had in my bag selection. Once I re-edited the round I selected the proper driver and now those drives are in my data.

Played again this past weekend. Missed two strokes - both penalties that I forgot to tag.

Best weekend on the v3 so far!

I would love to see them provide a way, to include on the map, to break things down on a hole-by-hole basis for each course you play. It would be nice to see all your rounds or selected rounds for each hole. You could see how many times you hit the fairway, where you typically miss it or the green, what clubs are most commonly used on your approach, your putting stats just for that hole, etc. For holes that give you fits this might provide insight into why and help maybe strategize a different way to play the hole.

New firmware update looks good for people with missed shots. You can tell on the watch if it has registered the tag before your swing.

I did notice in my last round that if I make a conscious effort to hold the club in my left hand during my preshot routine or while waiting for to hit I register much better. This is something I really have to think about be cause I always used to hold club with right hand while waiting. It is kinda messing up my feels since things are having to change that I have be doing my whole life. But overall I found it helps. That and hitting the club on the ground like home plate in baseball before and after I swing next to the ball to try to make sure it read a strike.

Another 9 holes last night and no missed shots. Had some that I needed to move just a touch, but otherwise very happy with it. I'm really liking the data aspect of it, but it's nice having the yardages on your wrist as opposed to digging out my rangefinder too. I haven't had the issues some have had with it missing a lot of shots, I think the most it missed in one round was 2 and one was a short chip and a tap in putt.

got notification today that the update is here. I'll be applying it.

The update sounds like it could be a real worthwhile one for the issues I am having. Extending the range that the watch picks up the tags sounds like it will help, but I really like the way they’ve added the watch showing you the last tag that was registered as a shot. You will be able to tell instantly if it has registered, and at least mark it down on the card fully, rather than having to rack your brain at the end of the round trying to remember what exactly you hit. Should really make a difference. Nice job ShotScope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Stroke Lab Putter and the putter tag got almost the base of the grip. I was about to putt and noticed my tag had snapped off.

My question is, do we really need to have it on our putter as we can edit it after the fact?

I have tried to super glue it to my putter in hopes of salvaging the putter tag. Fingers Crossed!

Last edited:
I have a Stroke Lab Putter and the putter tag got almost the base of the grip. I was about to putt and noticed my tag had snapped off.

My question is, do we really need to have it on our putter as we can edit it after the fact?

I have tried to super glue it to my putter in hopes of salvaging the putter tag. Fingers Crossed!

If you want to just enter your putts manually - you don't need the tag. You should have some "extra" tags as well (x1, x2, x3) - you could just place one of them on it and use it.

You don’t need a putter tag at all if you use the manual putting setting.
I want the most accuracy I can get for putting metics so I’ve used manual mode for putting from the get go. You simply hit the + sign at each putt location then mark the pin before exiting the green.

Say you walk up near the green and the putting screen comes up on the watch. If you walk back off and chip with the screen still on putting, does it record that wedge shot? I haven't noticed many missed shots but I think these might be the ones the system is missing during my post round editing.

Played today after the upgrade.
Wow what a difference!
The tag confirmation is awesome and it upload my round in half the time.

Played this morning with the new firmware. Since I basically have had no issue with missed shots, other than rare cases where I forget to take a practice swing or it is a tap-in putt (which still gets recorded as a 2-foot putt) I was concerned that increased sensitivity might lead to phantom shots being recorded. Such was not the case. every shot was accurately recorded with no extras. I did not use the "show club" function.

Maybe being new firmware, it seemed to take longer than usual once the GPS signals were found for the watch to approximate the same distances I get on the cart GPS. Usually I have seen a yard or, at the most 2-yard difference. At first the difference was over 20 yards but that gradually narrowed as it became time to actually tee off. From that point on the two were as close as they were previously. It was quite cloudy which may also have contributed.

QUESTION: Especially for those new to using Shot Scope, do you find yourself chasing stats more now, more, not concerned, but "cognizant" maybe of hitting fairways and greens? I never did that with Game Golf. I just tagged and went and had no real awareness of my # of FIRs and GIRs until I edited the round. If this idea of chasing stats is common at first, for those who came from V2, do you eventually "get over it'?

Back