New 2020 Soft Feel BRITE Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Matte colored golf balls are not new to Srixon, previously the company launched it’s popular Soft Feel golf ball in a number of colors. Today the 2nd generation of the BRITE lineup is here.

Available in BRITE Orange, BRITE Red and BRITE Green, you guessed it, they are BRITE.

3-9-1024x692.jpg

“Soft Feel BRITE delivers all the benefits of the Soft Feel golf ball with additional matte color offerings,” said Brian Schielke, Marketing Director at Srixon. “With the addition of the FastLayer Core, Soft Feel BRITE provides the total package of enhanced distance, feel and visibility.”

Despite the fact that it has one of the best names in golf balls, Soft Feel flies under the radar a bit. The two piece golf ball has what Srixon calls a...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually found one of these this weekend, bright red. Gave to my wife as she like the bright colours...quite stunning!

Soft Feel has continuously been a really good budget ball. Nice to see it got the upgrade from the EGG core to the fastlayer.

• Admin
Played these on Saturday and came away pretty darn impressed. Like their Red matte finish a lot (out of the 3) and they definitely deliver on low spin off the tee, but I had no issue holding greens.

The free side spin surprised me on a couple of occasions as testing the ZipCore wedges, these had a bit of bite to them.

47738548-E68E-4F69-BEAB-E3A53B98EE76.jpeg

The soft feel is probably my favorite 2 piece ball on the market. Will look out for the new version.

Played these on Saturday and came away pretty darn impressed. Like their Red matte finish a lot (out of the 3) and they definitely deliver on low spin off the tee, but I had no issue holding greens.

The free side spin surprised me on a couple of occasions as testing the ZipCore wedges, these had a bit of bite to them.

View attachment 8956074

JB,

How do these compare to the previous gen? As an exclusive Soft Feel user, I tried the Soft Brite previous gen and was disappointed. It had no feel and it felt like plastic, not the rubbery kind of feel like a Super hot.

CG

Has anyone played the green matte balls? Those look interesting but wonder if there hard to locate in rough?

The Soft Feel is a great ball especially considering it is a 2 piece. I like the red one a lot, but one of my playing partners complains every I put a red one into play. Of course I played on for about 9 holes last weekend just to mess with him. :ROFLMAO:

These should be great for a lot of people who have a hard time tracking the ball. Soft Feel has always been a good ball.

I played some of the original version in red and they looked radioactive on a sunny day. However I could easily see them from the fairway or first cut of rough from 200 yards out. I could see myself going back to these in the fall.

JB,

How do these compare to the previous gen? As an exclusive Soft Feel user, I tried the Soft Brite previous gen and was disappointed. It had no feel and it felt like plastic, not the rubbery kind of feel like a Super hot.

CG

Interesting. I didn't notice a feel difference between Soft Feel and BRITE previously.
These have a bit of a different feel with irons. Same impact softness with the driver, but feel a tad bit firmer with shorter clubs. I enjoyed that quite a bit.

I’ve played a couple decent rounds with the Soft Feel this year and came away impressed. I like the matte red Supersoft so these are right up my alley.

Soft Feel has continuously been a really good budget ball. Nice to see it got the upgrade from the EGG core to the fastlayer.

x2...i'm never disappointed with playing a soft feel.

Interesting release, might be fun to pick up a dozen and see how it stacks up against the Supersoft.

Has anyone played the green matte balls? Those look interesting but wonder if there hard to locate in rough?
I tried the green, easy to follow in the air, maybe better than the other colors, and not as bad as you would think in the grass. Probably not as easy to find in deep rough as the other colors though.

I could game this for sure. Like the look and it appears that the early opinions on these are good.

just what i needed, tho...another ball to play :ROFLMAO:😁

Even I should be able to find the Brite Red... Hahaha.

On Saturday I hit a BRITE Red between two small mounds off the right side of the fairway and could spot it from so far away it was crazy.

Love the bright colors, I could see my wife or kids playing these!

Interesting. I didn't notice a feel difference between Soft Feel and BRITE previously.
These have a bit of a different feel with irons. Same impact softness with the driver, but feel a tad bit firmer with shorter clubs. I enjoyed that quite a bit.

I think he meant to the touch.
the previous soft feel matte has a slick feel coating like the Bridgestone, Titleist and Maxfli matte balls. The Callaway Supersoft, Superhot and the last two versions of the Volvik Vivid have a more silicon rubber type coating. Think phone case.
I prefer the grabby rubber feel if I’m playing matte balls.

Has srixon done anything to improve spin during wet conditions with the matte coating ?

Internet tests seem to prove that moisture on matte finish balls make them lower spinning.
most of my rounds are played in wet conditions or at least in the morning dew so I got away from matte and moved to urethane.

Srixon does soooo much right. I feel like this isn't one of them.

Back