Review Ben Hogan Golf UiHi Review

Where IS My UiHi? I know..still got a few days to go (ordered 7/6)

I have the ptx pro irons in kbs tour v in x stiff. Would the recoil in stiff be a good transition to my 4 iron?
That’s exact setup worked just fine for me, based on carry, launch, and spin data. These do what they intend, they launch and they’re long, and they do it damn well.

Haven't given up on the 22 uihi quite yet, but I'm not sure it's going to fit what I need. I think I made a bit of a mistake in putting a shaft in more like my hybrid rather than like my irons. It's flying more like my set 5i rather than being a lower flight 4i replacement. 🤔
As I said in the review article, these aren’t low spin low launch utilities. They fit the more playable niche of blending with irons rather than being low/flat driving irons.

As I said in the review article, these aren’t low spin low launch utilities. They fit the more playable niche of blending with irons rather than being low/flat driving irons.
I get it, I was shooting for a replacement for my set 4i that was a bit easier to hit and a little longer (based on some early reviews), not so much a driving iron.

I get it, I was shooting for a replacement for my set 4i that was a bit easier to hit and a little longer (based on some early reviews), not so much a driving iron.
You mentioned it having the same flight, hence my reply. A 4i doesnt have to be lower to still cover a distance gap.

Is it ballooning? Overly fade biased flight causing a distance loss? Remind me, are you blending them into Hogan’s or another set? There are lots of parts to this equation

You mentioned it having the same flight, hence my reply. A 4i doesnt have to be lower to still cover a distance gap.

Is it ballooning? Overly fade biased flight causing a distance loss? Remind me, are you blending them into Hogan’s or another set? There are lots of parts to this equation
Adding to 919 forged irons.
Seems to flight fine, maybe ballooning a bit. Non scientifically it's distance is closer to the set 5 than set 4. Which could be due to any number of factors.

Day 28, still in wait que for UiHi 18

I have one and love the launch and length of this with the recoil 780 stiff shaft
good to know. I believe I went with the KBS Tour 90

This club still haunts me! I can't wait until it shows up the BH demo program!

just heard back from BH. They are a bit behind, but good news is mine is expected to ship this week.

ok, got em....UiHi 3 18* KBS Tour 90 shaft. feels a bit heavy, need to work on swing. Fan club back and forward seems to work best, but too soon to be definitive.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_131037556.jpg
    IMG_20200807_131037556.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200807_131110986.jpg
    IMG_20200807_131110986.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200807_131135833.jpg
    IMG_20200807_131135833.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200807_131226124.jpg
    IMG_20200807_131226124.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200807_131259023.jpg
    IMG_20200807_131259023.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200807_131404252.jpg
    IMG_20200807_131404252.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200807_131442043.jpg
    IMG_20200807_131442043.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 14
a bit more.....wider stance, a little closer to ball. Started out with toe hits. Clubhead noticeably larger than icon 4 iron. Shafts same length (Icon is +1/2 from std). getting a bit more consistent. I prolly shudda went with the Recoil, but can always reshaft.

As soon as you clear the noggin and just let them work (y)
I know...I will get there... I am used to smaller head size, lighter shaft e.t.c. I also find that if I swing with a bit more gusto, I get better contact. And you are right, a lot in my own head. Hitting into a net isn't much of an indicator either as there is not enough time to see results. But after a few adjustments, I was able to consistently hit same spot on suspended target. I am hoping to see a slow rise, higher apex that you have described previously. Thanks for your inspiration.

I know...I will get there... I am used to smaller head size, lighter shaft e.t.c. I also find that if I swing with a bit more gusto, I get better contact. And you are right, a lot in my own head. Hitting into a net isn't much of an indicator either as there is not enough time to see results. But after a few adjustments, I was able to consistently hit same spot on suspended target. I am hoping to see a slow rise, higher apex that you have described previously. Thanks for your inspiration.
What’s the apex you’re looking for?

What’s the apex you’re looking for?
enough. kind of hard to judge when I only see the first 10 feet of travel. I would like enough to get me a bit more distance without ballooning. I find the 4 Icon about right and actually is a bit better than I was getting in 3H from Tour Edge Hybrid.

I did a bit of shaft comparisons. The KBS Tour 90 is the lightest of the line at 102g for S flex, Recoil 760ES F2 is 68g. My thinking for choosing the KBS was that I feel as though the S flex will enhance straighter shots with a long iron and the lighter shaft (for steel) would make it handle a little like a shaft with softer flex. I may be wrong, but that was my thinking. I might have to up my SS to get the stiff to perform, but for a utility, I think I can handle it. Also the KBS is touted to have higher trajectory. Yes, I realize that flex and weight are two different factors, but hoping my choices will sort of equal out each other. In any event - done deal.

I’ve bent my 4U 1.5 strong now to fill the gap in my bag better between my PTx Pro 5i and SIM 5w, and it’s been good. Still amazed at the ability to flight these up or down, and the insnanely stellar feel and consistency in such a compact utility footprint. It’s feel like the Srixon U’s which is the ultimate compliment, but more speed and more distance.

These are just insane fun, and silly good. You will not find a utility that does what these do at this price point, it’s absurd.

Ordered on July 9. Asked today to check on status. The wait isn't fun but Ben Hogan Golf is DEFINITELY doing something right.

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 11.41.53 AM.png

Nothing against the Hogan product but not sure where this would fit in my bag. Have played around with a couple of these. I'm not a particularly long hitter so wouldn't be using it off the tee on a short par 4.No use for it out of the rough and for a fairway shot would rather use a hybrid-which works better out of the rough.

Nothing against the Hogan product but not sure where this would fit in my bag. Have played around with a couple of these. I'm not a particularly long hitter so wouldn't be using it off the tee on a short par 4.No use for it out of the rough and for a fairway shot would rather use a hybrid-which works better out of the rough.
It’s all about needs. The UiHi is easier to hit than the PTx Pro it has the same loft as, which is saying something, but a hybrid will always offer more forgiveness than an iron, utility or not.

Back