I saw these in the wild for the first time yesterday when I was paired with @MSEASU for our golf league match. I have to say that they're WAY out of my league from a playing standpoint but they are some beautiful freaking clubs, man. Absolutely gorgeous.
You saw my worst round.:( Tusconcacti saw me shoot 2 very good rounds with them.

You saw my worst round.:( Tusconcacti saw me shoot 2 very good rounds with them.

watching you on the back 9 at Lookout Mtn was impressive. I believe you par’d it correct?

That’s good stuff @GraniteRoost
I am taking this week off from golf so will not not have any updates this week on the Hogan’s

You have blue grips!! Bonus!

Those look fantastic, and I love that you ordered the 50* Equalizer to go with them. Love my Equalizers.

Yep I thought they looked a little different to the demo's - and now looking back the demos had black/grey.....I do like the blues better.
I decided I couldn't not have an old "E" wedge :cool:. Plus as the 50 is usually used for fuller shots, so figured matching up the specs to the irons would make sense and my other 2 wedges can stay as they are (as rarely used for full shots).

Yep I thought they looked a little different to the demo's - and now looking back the demos had black/grey.....I do like the blues better.
I decided I couldn't not have an old "E" wedge :cool:. Plus as the 50 is usually used for fuller shots, so figured matching up the specs to the irons would make sense and my other 2 wedges can stay as they are (as rarely used for full shots).

Great logic. The 50* is definitely the spirit child of the of the OG set Equalizer wedge.

Just finished first range session.....and I think the 4 iron may well be in the bag at the weekend 🤔

Reactions: KEV
Just finished first range session.....and I think the 4 iron may well be in the bag at the weekend 🤔
Yes!! I love that club. It's scary to look down at but man is it fun.

Yes!! I love that club. It's scary to look down at but man is it fun.
I actually like the look. It's not trying to disguise itself as a mid iron and doesn't look like it's going to go left on me (unless I flip it of course).....to me the look of them all is confidence inspiring (at least at the moment 😂).

I actually like the look. It's not trying to disguise itself as a mid iron and doesn't look like it's going to go left on me (unless I flip it of course).....to me the look of them all is confidence inspiring (at least at the moment 😂).
Haha. I keep waiting for that oh-crap-I'm-in-over-my-head moment but so far it hasn't happened and we're going on a few months already.

Haha. I keep waiting for that oh-crap-I'm-in-over-my-head moment but so far it hasn't happened and we're going on a few months already.
Yep....I'm sure I'll have those days......😂

Be interesting when I start tracking with the shotscope.

You know, I have been playing rather poorly lately and working on the swing "behind the scenes" to try to improve in certain aspects. It hasn't been pretty. During that time there is something that can be said for being a double digit cap playing a set like these, they sure as sh!t let you know when you aren't striking it good enough. It is something that can either deflate you, drive you to something different, or make want to improve. Well today, I saw some benefits to what I've been working on and it was marvelous. In fact, to close out the round today, I ended up hitting 11 of the last 13 greens, with one of those not really having a play at the green. Distance control, height, shape, it was just all there. The one thing that I have come to enjoy these, esp when hitting well, is that I believe within a split second I can tell if a shot is going to be long, short, or just what the Dr. ordered. That alone is something that I haven't really experienced with a lot of the clubs that have passed through up here, which are mostly GI or SGI styles.

Today was the first round in a few that I left the course thinking, oh yeah, I've found something. Hopefully that feeling stays around for the next round, but we all know how that works haha

I've cycled through quite a bit of equipment throughout the season and I think I can safely say the ICON'S are my favorite piece. I just struggle to find anything negative to say about them. It's crazy how good of a job Ben Hogan did with this set.

I've cycled through quite a bit of equipment throughout the season and I think I can safely say the ICON'S are my favorite piece. I just struggle to find anything negative to say about them. It's crazy how good of a job Ben Hogan did with this set.

I think they've done so well with them. I'm leaning towards trying the combo set because I like them so much. Just to give me something a bit friendlier in the longer clubs but still that control and feel/feedback we get from the ICONS.

• Love
1 week of fun with the Hogan's and every bit as good as I hoped. This was one particular highlight from yesterday:hogan.PNG

Loving the 50* Eq wedge too.
Currently have a 54 & 58 in the basket and toying with the UiHi 3 again now I know I've no issue with the Tour-V in a long iron :unsure::unsure:

My last round I hit these so well and I am excited to see if I can carry that momentum over to tomorrow's round. Different course, small greens, going to be fun.

Im excited to hear more feedback on these as they continue to be so popular.

In a thread earlier this week someone asked what your "pure enjoyment" club is and these were easily the answer for me. I love everything about them and I bet I've received compliments about them in my last 3 rounds. The look on people's face is pretty great when I tell them what the price is for a brand new set.

It's been a pretty rough season score wise for me but the ICON'S have easily been the highlight. I'm constantly surprised by how playable they are for someone like me who doesn't exactly have the best iron swing. If I could have had any kind of driving game all year I would have shot some pretty dang impressive scores with these in the bag.

I forgot to mention one of my favorite shots from last weekend. I got myself in to trouble off the tee and was behind a group of trees and I was sitting in the rough. My two options were to either play it safe and chip out sideways or take the aggressive path which required hitting a shot under a branch about 10 yards ahead of me and I needed to put a big 10-15 yard fade to dodge another tree ahead. I pulled 5 iron to keep it low and was able to pull it off to perfection and left myself just short of the green for an easy up and down.

The point of this rambling is that the ability to maneuver the ball is pretty effortless. On the flip side on regular shots the ball just wants to go straight for me and I get an impressive account if consistency shot to shot.

And that is all it takes to swap in the ICON's for next round. Really twisted my arm there :).

I should mention it is really easy to swap between the PTx Pro and ICON. Plug and play, I am pretty much playing to the same distances with either set.

And that is all it takes to swap in the ICON's for next round. Really twisted my arm there :).

I should mention it is really easy to swap between the PTx Pro and ICON. Plug and play, I am pretty much playing to the same distances with either set.

Ball flight difference for you at all?

Ball flight difference for you at all?

That is honestly a tricky one. Very very similar to my eye. Going off of what I see on course, I'd give the PTx Pro a touch more initial launch angle and maybe even spin too. Maybe a fraction of a degree and a couple hundred rpm. Both reach similar peak heights, I think the ICON might get there a touch flatter and stronger. I may even carry a ICON couple yards further. I have hit some towering shots with both, and that muddies the issue.

I've never actually hit them on the same hole on the same day, or on a LM together. I should probably do that :unsure:. I've been carrying either one set or the other on course.

Reactions: JB
DB1A6888-117B-4182-90BB-E35268E147C4.jpeg33CD574D-9CF5-4D1E-952F-E24BED272367.jpeg087D3250-0AD0-4F18-9994-DB95849BEA0E.jpeg

This setup is a ton of fun. Truly.

Back