Follow up to my earlier posts, the shot if the day was a 6i from 189yds On the 13th -a tiny draw against a breezy cut wind. 2 ft. rollout. 🎯

8CF16B33-4814-45B2-BCCC-6C910C63013C.jpeg

I had a full range of blow up holes in each area of my game, real iffy front nine and then cleaned things up on the back for 44-39 = 83 from the tips @ 6829 73.3/135. Three doubles on the front and one on the back are my nemesis.

Side note...that course looks beautiful

Alright, I'm calling it.

These are my favorite irons I've ever played.

It hit me on the range today that I get nothing but pure enjoyment out of hitting these. They feel so, so good, I know exactly what I'm going to get shot to shot, they're workable and they are IMO one of the best looking clubs ever created. You know it's a big deal when I have zero desire to even look at another iron.

Just spent 40 minutes sending 9i’s across the ponderosa.

I continue to be amazed at the flight consistency I get from these in the scoring clubs, and the feel is as good if not better than anything else I’ve ever played.

Freaking towering 155 carry 9i’s with an MB alllllllll day makes me giddy.

How about that V Sole in the Hogan irons? I was a little concerned about it off the mid summer hardpan fairways at my home course but I haven't had any issues so far this year. It's nice having that versatility throughout the bag.

How about that V Sole in the Hogan irons? I was a little concerned about it off the mid summer hardpan fairways at my home course but I haven't had any issues so far this year. It's nice having that versatility throughout the bag.
All irons should have Vsole.

Cleary a personal opinion, but I stand by it :ROFLMAO:

You know it's a big deal when I have zero desire to even look at another iron
This 100%.

Am so comfortable with the 4 iron I'm dropping the hybrid(s) and also looking at re-jigging the top and bottom of the bag.
3 rounds now properly tracked with the shotscope v3 but will get a few more in before doing a more full write up.
Have had a few good 9 holes playing some of my best ever golf - and a decent 36pts over 18 holes (+11 gross, no blobs, no birdies, steady stuff) yesterday without playing very well.......and this is the difference with these - the misses are soooooo much more predictable.

Reactions: KEV
I am at my parents house this weekend and my mom saves everything, which is much appreciated in this case because as were going through some things, we came across the the spec sheet and thank you letter that came with the purchase of a set of 1999 Hogan Apex Blades. Thought it would be cool to share it in here with the review of The Icons.
View attachment 8943491View attachment 8943493
I still have my spec sheet from my 1999 Apexes, too. I love those clubs, and i still play them. I bought 2-E.

I think I may have said this earlier in the thread. I’m not exactly a blade type of player - but something about these, based on the feedback I’m hearing from folks who I know their game has be really intrigued.

I need to get some swings with these at some point.

I think I may have said this earlier in the thread. I’m not exactly a blade type of player - but something about these, based on the feedback I’m hearing from folks who I know their game has be really intrigued.

I need to get some swings with these at some point.
I go back to when I was waiting for mine to get shipped and how I kept thinking I was going to be in over my head with a blade but these have proven me completely wrong. They are just 100% fun and enjoyable.

Even with the new iron releases coming out I'd put these against anything out there.

C0797C2C-6724-4564-96D2-6BA16CCC3181.jpeg

Any thoughts on adding an UiHi?
I've pondered it really hard but there are two things holding me back. 1. I'm hitting my GAPR ridiculously well in that spot and 2. My wife is starting a business so club spending has really been cut down.

I still anticipate picking one up at some point though. It's bound to happen.

These are getting a strong test on a "big boy" course next week. Knowing that, I'm debating throwing a couple of hybrids in the bag instead of the long irons. That is more nerves on my part than anything else. Going to look back at my arccos round from last year and try to see how many hybrids I hit that day.

Reactions: J4U
These are getting a strong test on a "big boy" course next week. Knowing that, I'm debating throwing a couple of hybrids in the bag instead of the long irons. That is more nerves on my part than anything else. Going to look back at my arccos round from last year and try to see how many hybrids I hit that day.

Do you think something like the PTx Pros in the long irons would be better, or is this more of a general long iron vs. hybrid debate?

Do you think something like the PTx Pros in the long irons would be better, or is this more of a general long iron vs. hybrid debate?

I've been thinking about going PTX Pro in the long irons for some time. ALthough they don't allow you to just order a few heads in the black, so I'd have to order an entire set of the chrome. That part is a bummer.

How deep are you thinking with the hybrids? 4 and 5 iron? The 5 iron is almost becoming one of my favorite clubs in the set surprisingly.

Well this is the second BH club I've signed up for notifications when demos are ready today. Came in here after reading about the hybrids. I've been looking at grabbing a second set of irons mostly just to tinker but keep balking on some of the other options in the 'players distance' category. Looking primarily at the PTx Pro in this case. Got on the demo email list for the KBS Tour V & the Recoil Smacwraps. Should be interesting to see how they stand up against the CF19s if they ever get around to my place on the list. Feedback in this thread has been excellent.

Well this is the second BH club I've signed up for notifications when demos are ready today. Came in here after reading about the hybrids. I've been looking at grabbing a second set of irons mostly just to tinker but keep balking on some of the other options in the 'players distance' category. Looking primarily at the PTx Pro in this case. Got on the demo email list for the KBS Tour V & the Recoil Smacwraps. Should be interesting to see how they stand up against the CF19s if they ever get around to my place on the list. Feedback in this thread has been excellent.
I'm looking forward to your thoughts when they show up, particularly with the KBS shaft. I know you're looking at the PTx model but that shaft really seems to work well with these heads, at least for me.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts when they show up, particularly with the KBS shaft. I know you're looking at the PTx model but that shaft really seems to work well with these heads, at least for me.

I have a good history with KBS and that was as close to my current weight profile as I could find. The Recoil one is really more about my curiosity than anything.

Reactions: KEV
How deep are you thinking with the hybrids? 4 and 5 iron? The 5 iron is almost becoming one of my favorite clubs in the set surprisingly.

I actually don't know TBH.

I was planning to do a big write up on these irons but instead all they need is a quick summary....

For me, they have brought the enjoyment back to the game in a way I've not experienced in probably 10+ years.

The Hogan lineup is really appealing. If I were to try to hit a set of "blades" with some graphite in them, which I never have, these would be right up there for sure. I wonder if they'd do a little heavier graphite in the recoils in reg flex at same price?

The V sole looks great. Love that feature on the Srixons. A good sole or lead edge grind can make even what one would think to be a "tough" style of clubhead to hit much easier than you might anticipate if you wanted to try something like this out. With this sole, I'd be more comfortable in the direct to consumer try without buy world. I'd expect it to be pretty forgiving, relatively speaking.

The Hogan lineup is really appealing. If I were to try to hit a set of "blades" with some graphite in them, which I never have, these would be right up there for sure. I wonder if they'd do a little heavier graphite in the recoils in reg flex at same price?

The V sole looks great. Love that feature on the Srixons. A good sole or lead edge grind can make even what one would think to be a "tough" style of clubhead to hit much easier than you might anticipate if you wanted to try something like this out. With this sole, I'd be more comfortable in the direct to consumer try without buy world. I'd expect it to be pretty forgiving, relatively speaking.
You're absolutely correct on the V Sole, I really can't say enough good things about. Ben Hogan's version seems a little more playable to me than what Srixon has in the little comparison I have. This sole is really versatile and useable. It was one of my favorite parts of the original PTx also.

I was planning to do a big write up on these irons but instead all they need is a quick summary....

For me, they have brought the enjoyment back to the game in a way I've not experienced in probably 10+ years.
These are probably above my skill set but I feel the exact same way. They are easilysome of the most fun irons I've ever played. You just feel good picking them up.

Back