Review Tour Edge EXS Pro Driver Review

There’s a combo fairway/hybo/driver release thread, but I’ll be putting a fairway specific thread up this evening as I have a 5w I’m going to review

Looking forward to your review!!! felt great off the face... I know you've been preaching it but there's a lot of potential in this line

Does adjusting the sliding weight make a change to spin? Like does it spin more in the back/neutral position verses the draw/fade positions?
Negligible. It’s truly a flight adjustment, not enough weight to alter the forward CG and put any big change on spin.

Tour Edge isn't far from you. Do you know if they allow the public into their hitting bays, or is it a by-invitation-only deal? But as @Gman79 mentioned, they have a 30-day performance guarantee, so you can try them on the course and without protective tape.
Good point! didnt even think to reach out to them

Great review. Question on the Pro Driver. How fast a swing speed would be required to keep this thing in the air? Seems that the spin is so low that moderate swing speeds might find their drives falling out of the sky. I am currently playing their limited edition wedges and could not be happier with looks, feel, performance.

My brother was in the market for a new driver... He originally ordered a new m6 but Golf galaxy messed up and sent him a LH club

Returned it and I convinced him to give the EXS 220 a try. He absolutely loved it, saw immediate improvement, and walked out with the EX 220

Naturally I was extremely jealous so this morning I picked up the EXS Pro Driver and Pro fairway off Tour Edge's pre owned section.... saved me $250 and figured clubs are made to be used so I dont care if its brand new or not. As long as its not beaten to complete crap it will work! These have not been out long so I cant imagine the pre-owned ones will look bad

Great review. Question on the Pro Driver. How fast a swing speed would be required to keep this thing in the air? Seems that the spin is so low that moderate swing speeds might find their drives falling out of the sky. I am currently playing their limited edition wedges and could not be happier with looks, feel, performance.
It’s a good question. Honestly it’s as much about swing and what dynamics that it creates for the player spin wise as it is speed. This one is a Tour Van based design so with the people who it was created around speed is there and then some, but as we have seen with other low spin heads like the sub zero’s and such, sometimes those still work for a golfer who creates a lot of spin naturally through their technique.

This has been tugging at me for weeks. Thanks @Jman i just placed my order. Only question is will it be here by Thursday. ;)

This has been tugging at me for weeks. Thanks @Jman i just placed my order. Only question is will it be here by Thursday. ;)
Hope you need LOW spin. It’s a 🦄

Hope you need LOW spin. It’s a 🦄
I do. I ordered a EF Sub Zero last week also. I’m a bit koo koo. I already know the EF SZ works well for me but all the talk of the performance on the Pro just keeps poking me. I think I like the limited release as well. Figured I’d better pull the trigger before it’s too late.

I do. I ordered a EF Sub Zero last week also. I’m a bit koo koo. I already know the EF SZ works well for me but all the talk of the performance on the Pro just keeps poking me. I think I like the limited release as well. Figured I’d better pull the trigger before it’s too late.

I'm anxious to hear how the two compare for you. I played my first round with the EXS Pro yesterday, and I haven't been this impressed with a new driver in a very long time. Even into the wind I hit some absolute bombs with it. You know it's working when casual observers ask what driver you're hitting, and I got that twice yesterday.

I'm anxious to hear how the two compare for you. I played my first round with the EXS Pro yesterday, and I haven't been this impressed with a new driver in a very long time. Even into the wind I hit some absolute bombs with it. You know it's working when casual observers ask what driver you're hitting, and I got that twice yesterday.
👀 I told you all..... 🤣

Plus, it sounds badass too.

I’m just as anxious. It’s such a good buy and I did the pre owned as well. Not sure how long it could have been pre owned, I thought these came out recently. I’ve hit the SZ and it works well for me. If I get more out of the TE that would be great. Or forgiveness? I have a tendency to ballon the EF and a piercing flight with SZ. -Now I just need to sell something before the wife finds out. :oops:

Well they are not very quick at shipping. :oops: Purchased Sunday morning and still no shipping notice.

Well they are not very quick at shipping. :oops: Purchased Sunday morning and still no shipping notice.
They’re actually pretty quick, but these things happen sometimes. It’ll be worth the wait.

They’re actually pretty quick, but these things happen sometimes. It’ll be worth the wait.
I’m sure it will. I’m just your average inpatient golfer. Looks like neither one of my new driver will be here to try this week.

I have purchased a couple of items through Tour Edge and found them to be quite speedy. Hopefully, your order arrives soon.

I have purchased a couple of items through Tour Edge and found them to be quite speedy. Hopefully, your order arrives soon.
Maybe they did and didn’t send shipping info. It would be a great surprise if it was here when I get home from work.

If anyone is thinking about it, they had one available on their pre-owned section and I thought about it. Not going to lie, it was super tempting but I already have some irons coming in that the wife doesn't know about so I figured one fight was good enough for this month.

If anyone is thinking about it, they had one available on their pre-owned section and I thought about it. Not going to lie, it was super tempting but I already have some irons coming in that the wife doesn't know about so I figured one fight was good enough for this month.
Yeah I ordered that the other day. It may be a standard always there kinda thing. I looked this morning and it’s still there so not sure.

This driver is so good. I truly mean that, I’ve tried to be factual and not gush but now that the reviews are up I’m going to gush a little. The spin here is lethal low, and the launch is still there for me with some of the best ball speeds I’ve ever had consistently and peak. It’s wild.

They also had two more put into play this week at the Champions Tour Major, and a total of I believe 7 EXS 220 drivers with 4 being the 220 and 3 being the Pro

Maybe someday I’ll get one. :mad:

Back