TaylorMade Releases Spider FCG Putter

I want to see this putter paired with the TP5 pix ball! Curious what that combo looks like.:unsure:

Looks like they copied up the Ping Heppler color scheme and R&D'd the tech (Researched and Duplicated)... but that seems to be common and if it works, then others will follow suit with their own spin I suppose.

Well written, @Jman. Some interesting features in that putter, but nothing that makes me want to try it.

I like the shape but I don't love the colors. If it worked well for me I could get over that pretty quickly though.

big miss for me. i like the spider mini a lot, but nothing about this feels innovative. and i don’t like that top down look at all. not interested in this one.

Looks don't do it for me. I'll stick with the Spider that's in the bag now.

Looks like they copied up the Ping Heppler color scheme and R&D'd the tech (Researched and Duplicated)... but that seems to be common and if it works, then others will follow suit with their own spin I suppose.
This is totally a Cleveland Frontline.

There is a lot of weight there. Wonder how it feels?

This is totally a Cleveland Frontline.
Yeah, I didn't say it clearly. Was trying to say it is a mashup of the Frontline tech with the Heppler color scheme. More coffee. Anyway - another great writeup!

they made the spider uglier, yeesh.

I know it's probably not very accurate, but a front weighted mallet just feels like a blade with an alignment aid caboose attached to it.

they made the spider uglier, yeesh.

I know it's probably not very accurate, but a front weighted mallet just feels like a blade with an alignment aid caboose attached to it.
It’s still got a LOT more MOI than a blade.

It’s still got a LOT more MOI than a blade.

Did they say how much? Roughly? Are we talking 4500? 5000? I don’t see how it would approach spider’s 5500 with all the weight forward.

It's a Spider Frontline :ROFLMAO:

Came here to say this! Haha!

I really don't understand mallet-style putters with forward CG. What's the point besides aesthetics??

Did they say how much? Roughly? Are we talking 4500? 5000? I don’t see how it would approach spider’s 5500 with all the weight forward.
It’s the same as the conversation that’s been had in the Frontline thread, it’s not nor does it have to be a one or the other thing. It’s absolutely not going to be as high as the Spider, but it will be higher than a blade and WAY more balanced through the stroke, that much we absolutely know in our testing of such designs.

Came here to say this! Haha!

I really don't understand mallet-style putters with forward CG. What's the point besides aesthetics??
It’s a blend. You get more forgiveness still, but you also get balance and stability through the stroke/impact. It works.

I like the looks of this putter and look forward to trying it out.

Well. It’s better looking than the truss...

Another great write up, @Jman. I am on information overload today. I love these releases that incorporate new or borrowed technology. We all know how well that other OEM release rolls the ball. I am anxious to see what TM has done here.

It’s the same as the conversation that’s been had in the Frontline thread, it’s not nor does it have to be a one or the other thing. It’s absolutely not going to be as high as the Spider, but it will be higher than a blade and WAY more balanced through the stroke, that much we absolutely know in our testing of such designs.

So actual MOI number isn’t high, but it feels more stable just based on the size/shape?Am I getting that right?

I'll for sure give it a roll, but it doesn't do anything for me. Neither tech talk or asthetics. Will probably be just right for me then.

Nice write up @Jman

I really want to try the CU Insert. And so what if it’s similiar tech to the frontline!? I don’t know what all the gripe is. Many manufacturer’s in the past have copied shapes and such (Everyone now has a #7ish shape. Odyssey #10 is basically a spider shape). I for one am excited to try it. This just adds another option for golfers in the ever popular spider line.

It’s a blend. You get more forgiveness still, but you also get balance and stability through the stroke/impact. It works.

🤔 I’ll definitely have to give it a shot then when I can get back to my local golf shop.

Back